The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Post Your Desk or Work Area! (The Workspace Thread)

Anything related to matters of the mind

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
I've been waiting over 2 weeks for tomorrow.
Guess you'll post it tomorrow? lol

I stopped by @Vigilante 's office and snapped a pic for ya'll.

YtBH04E.jpg

Coalission

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jan 8, 2014
I've never really got the 'this is the sea/my pool view where I work' thing. I'd much rather work indoors, in a quiet, cool office with zero distractions and zero sun glare.

Same here, when I moved to this place I thought I was gonna be working outside like a baller. Tried it once, didn't get any work done,

WnfDEgZl.jpg

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
10606192_10204532473344291_7495558504837616375_n.jpg
I am sitting at the race track, computer in front of me, daily racing forms spread out across the table, sugar free rock star on empty, and television tuned into the Breeder's Cup. This is my office for today. Separate your TIME from your INCOME.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Nathan Douglas

BB
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
May 23, 2014
Texas
I was reading Biophase's thread, Stuck? Change Your Environment!, and it occurred to me that I needed to move from my boring kitchen table, and set up shop in one of our empty rooms that I would actually enjoy walking into every morning.
I live off a golf course in a small town called Mansfield, Texas. So I didn't have to make a dramatic move since I am happy here, but I did need a way to enhance my mood to help with productivity.

So I bought a bright orange rug, painted a wall green and set up shop. The environment that you work in really can play a role in your productivity. Just like Biophase explained in his thread, "It just shows you what a change in environment can do for you".

No matter where you work, post what kind of environment does the trick for you with pictures if you are willing. Are you a basement dweller or do you need a fresh breeze every morning like Biophase?

20140630_183419.jpg 20140630_180732.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
This thread is fascinating for some reason. Here's today's mess:

IMG_0302.JPG
Unfortunately I can not work right now because someone has occupied the chair:

IMG_0304.JPG
Excuses not to work :inpain:

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Not that great of a picture of the set up, but here it is. My brother took this while i was testing a game on my new rig. The one and only picture of me playing a game...

ZhDr3F0.jpg

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
Go ahead show us where the magic happens. Your desk is the one place where some of the most important events of your life happen.

Here's mine.
Keeping up with my minimalist lifestyle I like to keep my desk, well, to a minimum.

20180630_122215.jpg

I use to take my desk for granted but over time I have learned that a good set up for a desk has a big impact on your productivity. Here are some tips that might help you while you're at your desk.

1. Place your monitor on a desk mount. This will free up space underneath the monitor that you can use for other items.

2. Keep your monitor at eye level. If your monitor is below eye level you will find yourself slouching. By keeping it at eye level it reinforces good posture.

3. Face the door in the room. There's something about having your back towards a door that affects you sub consciously. By having a good clear view of the door you will feel more at ease.

4. Buy a good chair to seat on. The best office chairs are not cheap but they do make a world of difference. They are more comfortable and you can seat down for extended periods of time without having to readjust yourself.

5. Keep the monitor screen facing away from windows. The glare from the sun can be a distraction.

6. Take your computer out of your room. A mistake most people make is not separating their work space with their rest space. Your brain associates the place you work in with work. If you keep your desk in your room it will make it harder for you to fall asleep because your brain is still on work mode.

7. Use a blue light filter when working at night. Blue light can keep you awake at night and makes it harder to stay asleep. If you are using windows just type in "night light" on the search bar. If you can't find the blue light filter on your computer you can download it from here f.lux.

8. Every 30 minutes get up and walk around to stretch your muscles.

9. Every 30 minutes focus on a far away point on the wall to relieve eye strain.

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

splok

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 20, 2012
Nothing so leet now, but this was my goldfarming setup in college! (@Catalyst had the gimp chair hehe)
ff_0130.JPG
This was my view when I first moved to Norway, though I've since "upgraded" to a worse view with a 5 minute commute.
norway view.jpg

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.