The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Post all of your ideas and random problems you’ll never execute on...

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
A website and database of For Sale By Owner real estate transactions and historic prices, to completely eliminate the need for agents and brokers and the MLS.

That would be incredible!!!!

edit: I would MUCH rather pay a few thousand to an attorney to make sure all the legal stuff is correct rather than a whopping % to a realtor whether they do a good job or not
I like this idea. I have sold without a RE agent every property I have owned. The last one was listed with an agent for a very long time because I was otherwise occupied, and finally I advertised on a Sale By Owner site and sold the property within a few weeks.

For the sale of one of my properties, not only did I advertise and sell it privately, but I also purchased a guide to DIY the conveyancing process, and that went through very smoothly. Such a guide could be a worthwhile bonus on such a site.

Walter

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest-5ty5s4

I like this idea. I have sold without a RE agent every property I have owned. The last one was listed with an agent for a very long time because I was otherwise occupied, and finally I advertised on a Sale By Owner site and sold the property within a few weeks.

For the sale of one of my properties, not only did I advertise and sell it privately, but I also purchased a guide to DIY the conveyancing process, and that went through very smoothly. Such a guide could be a worthwhile bonus on such a site.

Walter
Walter, great idea, and the guide itself would make a nice self publishing product, too.

I’ve thought the same about putting another type of guide together. Not going to mention it here because I might do it :)

As for the website idea, it should be FSBO but the big skew would be to save all the sold prices, so you could always see what houses sold for... users would agree to that in the terms. Would be massively popular. Even the realtors would end up going there.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I love to have an NEWS app that automatically disallows and blocks any corporate media source. In other words, a news app devoid of CNN FOX WAPO GUARDIAN and all the other usual propaganda narrative framing outlets. Sources from citizen and independent journalists and small business are only allowed.

I’d download and subscribe in a heartbeat.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
A website and database of For Sale By Owner real estate transactions and historic prices, to completely eliminate the need for agents and brokers and the MLS.

That would be incredible!!!!

edit: I would MUCH rather pay a few thousand to an attorney to make sure all the legal stuff is correct rather than a whopping % to a realtor whether they do a good job or not

That's funny because it's a completely normal thing to do in Poland.

You list your house on OLX (it's an online marketplace with classifieds available in 30+ countries) FOR FREE and sell it without any middlemen.

There are real estate agents but most people avoid them because they're useless and charge you for nothing. I don't think I even know anyone who ever used a real estate agent. The listing is published on OLX and then you close the deal with the buyer (and pay a notary).

Parks

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jul 20, 2020
Portland
I would love to have a data website for buying vehicles. What year tends to last longest without maintenance, what year does certain parts seem to go out, etc.

Would help making tons of buying used vehicle decisions

watchopt

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
May 5, 2020
us
I would love to have a data website for buying vehicles. What year tends to last longest without maintenance, what year does certain parts seem to go out, etc.

Good one. Perhaps the profit would come from a handheld device/app (through a process, rather) to which it is continuously/engaging the user for (clever thinking here) collecting data - so to house/aggregate the data on that website you are thinking about. I had a similar idea for pawnshops / items.

Keeton

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Mar 17, 2021
Phoenix, AZ
- Weed Vending Machine
- Healthy Snack Vending Machine
- Lotion to remove callus
- Glow in the dark escape puzzle room
- Salt water float spa
- store that Renta beach gear near beaches
- Supplement that gets rid of seasonal-depression
- Heat reactive tinted windows, the windows will tint when in sunlight
- Death clock, clock that counts down to your death in seconds
- Uber for hauling horses or cattle
- dating app for ugly people, ban any attractive people that go there
- Faucet soap dispenser, soap mixes in with water when rinsing hands with a press of a button

You’re welcome
I have 50 healthy snack vending machines in Phoenix, Las Vegas and Salt Lake City, and growing quickly. They pay very well when you put them in the right locations. It turns out people would rather eat healthier snacks/beverages, but they aren't widely available and convenient as the unhealthy options.

nvedia

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 29, 2019
I have 50 healthy snack vending machines in Phoenix, Las Vegas and Salt Lake City, and growing quickly. They pay very well when you put them in the right locations. It turns out people would rather eat healthier snacks/beverages, but they aren't widely available and convenient as the unhealthy options.
Thats great
I was also looking to get into vending machine around my area
Do we need to go with big names like lyonsvending.com . Any recommendations for East Coast on how to get started?

Leo Hartas

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
May 17, 2018
United Kingdom
I love to have an NEWS app that automatically disallows and blocks any corporate media source. In other words, a news app devoid of CNN FOX WAPO GUARDIAN and all the other usual propaganda narrative framing outlets. Sources from citizen and independent journalists and small business are only allowed.

I’d download and subscribe in a heartbeat.
Totally, I would use this... or would I? I used to read the Guardian every day, then Covid turned up and the level of lying became so comical I started watching alternative news sites like Brand New Tube. Then, I just stopped that too. I don't know why but a switch flipped in my head that turned off ALL interest in news. I guess I became fed up with all the grim stressy misery which I can't do anything about.

So with that in mind here's an idea.. a news service that is tailored to individuals that distils the news down to only items that have a direct actionable impact for that person. Would probably end up being about three things a year.. like save a few $ changing electric supplier.

Strm

Mamba Mentality!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 4, 2018
Estonia
A flower pot that changes color according to the moisture level of the soil so people will know and remember the ideal time to water their plants.. or maybe they already exist :) just popped in to my mind

Edit: or somekind of fancy indicator stick that does the same and can be sticked in the pot

Last edited:

TrevorLC

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
May 21, 2015
Alarm clock that doesn't have a snooze button, and can only be turned off by getting your heart rate high enough (connected to sensor on smartwatch I guess?). The key is that it cannot have any fail safe, no other way to stop it besides cranking out some push ups or jumping jacks or otherwise smashing it to bits.

Someone make this plz I need it lol

watchopt

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
May 5, 2020
us
Alarm clock that doesn't have a snooze button, and can only be turned off by getting your heart rate high enough (connected to sensor on smartwatch I guess?). The key is that it cannot have any fail safe, no other way to stop it besides cranking out some push ups or jumping jacks or otherwise smashing it to bits.

Someone make this plz I need it lol
Better yet. Get a couple of chickens and a rooster because they love to crow in the morning. Workout until it stops crowing lol

Leo Hartas

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
May 17, 2018
United Kingdom
Plastic packaging! I hate it, not only because it's bad for the environment. I notice now that virtually all food comes in those plastic trays with tear off plastic film. At the end of week my recycling bin is overflowing with the stuff. Even cheese comes in plastic wrappers printed to look like fake waxed paper. You need to attack them with a knife to get into it. They slide about in the fridge. I'm suspicious that chemicals in it leach into the food. (apparently it's an issue that's effecting sperm counts!)

I know there are some companies coming up with innovative solutions using sustainable packaging but the supermarkets are hardly jumping on it.

I read an article somewhere that as oil use is falling for transport the oil industries are artificially promoting more use of plastics to offload their output. No idea if this is the case, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Apologies if this sounds too much like a rant but it's my job each week to sort the recycling bins! I've had enough!

Hong_Kong

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Apr 7, 2022
Plastic packaging! I hate it, not only because it's bad for the environment. I notice now that virtually all food comes in those plastic trays with tear off plastic film. At the end of week my recycling bin is overflowing with the stuff. Even cheese comes in plastic wrappers printed to look like fake waxed paper. You need to attack them with a knife to get into it. They slide about in the fridge. I'm suspicious that chemicals in it leach into the food. (apparently it's an issue that's effecting sperm counts!)

I know there are some companies coming up with innovative solutions using sustainable packaging but the supermarkets are hardly jumping on it.

I read an article somewhere that as oil use is falling for transport the oil industries are artificially promoting more use of plastics to offload their output. No idea if this is the case, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Apologies if this sounds too much like a rant but it's my job each week to sort the recycling bins! I've had enough!
Single use plastics are getting banned in a lot of countries (slowly). I think this trend will continue (with exceptions for certain industries).

An interesting alternative is to grow mycelium (or mushrooms). This can be processed into a wide variety of plastic like materials with varying hardness and properties. No plastic, biodegradable, and not made from petroleum.

Another big one is palm oil alternatives.

sigmapreneur

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Nov 11, 2020
Pre-roll blunts
What Are the Best Blunt Wraps for Serious Weed Smokers?

the difference is I can do something with this. The execution is easy enough. In my local cannabis market, I don't see any products like this. Its mostly pre-roll joints.

Bramxq

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Oct 24, 2017
Netherlands
Door to door cleaning shoes.

I hate dirty shoes and many people don´t care about it, just for the reason that last thing they want to do at the evening is to clean their shoes. And usually it´s necessary thing to do every day.
I wonder if people would take a subscription on this. I use a window cleaning service each 6-8 weeks as I cant get to the top of my windows.

Lets say door to door cleaning shoes each 6-8 weeks. Removing the sweaty smell out of the sole and making them look like new.

You can also cooperate with sneaker stores so they sell your service as a warranty, or people can gift the shoe cleaning service to someone else.

For example: Nike air forces smell like crap after wearing them a full day. The sweat will get into the shoe sole.

Emiljasta

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 13, 2018
Nice to read all the posts guys. I was thinking about the following, but I do not know whether this is possible:

A lot of my friends experience hardships when talking with their bosses about their salary. When we are discussing it, they are like: ''I will ask a 10% raise, otherwise I will do this or that''. But once they have the conversation with their boss, the situation is different and they back off and are not able to ask what they initially were planning to do. So what happens is that they are unsatisfied with their work, and might leave later on, which is a problem for both the employee and employer.

SO, maybe you could make an agency that discusses the salary for you. You tell them about your experiences, the numbers you did, the value you add to the company etc etc. They talk to the company in ''your name'' and discuss the possibilities. By doing so, you are sure that the bond between employee and employer is not harmed. You see this for example in the soccer world, where every soccer player has a manager that does negotiations.

Steveanthony999

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Dec 2, 2020
I can so relate to trying to organize notes too haha I keep ideas in a note on my phone and I barely had the patience to decode all of my jumbled words the other day and realized I lost maybe 20% of the ideas because I had no idea what my notes meant.
I have an app idea that might remedy this…

Basically it’s like a file structure, but instead of files and folders, they’re indexes, categories, subcategories, etc. Each item gets more detailed the further down the tree you go…

Health
- Diet
-Fasting
-Item to perform action on (calendar, reminder, notification, etc
-More fruits and veggies

-Exercise
-Cardio
-Flexibility
-Yoga
-Strength

Wealth
-Business
-Investing
…etc etc etc

Make that data in a CRUD app that’s completely customizable and fully featured

mdot

Always Improve.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Dec 24, 2020
Ontario, Canada
I have an app idea that might remedy this…

Basically it’s like a file structure, but instead of files and folders, they’re indexes, categories, subcategories, etc. Each item gets more detailed the further down the tree you go…

Health
- Diet
-Fasting
-More fruits and veggies

-Exercise
-Cardio
-Flexibility
-Yoga
-Strength

Wealth
-Business
-Investing
…etc etc etc

Make that data in a CRUD app that’s completely customizable and fully featured
Reminds me of Johnny Decimal (More info)

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia

Leo Hartas

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
May 17, 2018
United Kingdom
This probably exists.. let me know if it does because I'd be interested.

A one stop SAAS solution that hardens your device/browser, etc. against corporate and government snooping and makes you appear as a 'norm' or 'granny'. Basically it would 'hide' your machine behind a 'fake' data stream so you appear to be a regular user, even a false identity.

The idea being not to block the data stream (which is a flag in itself), but to pollute it to protect your identity, and reduce the quality of the data held by big tech.

I do the best I can with secure browsers, avoiding Google, blocking Microsoft telemetry, etc. but beyond the basics it gets complicated and time consuming. A service that does the work of keeping up to date with developments and changes to keep on top of it all, (I'm thinking of the recent Duck Duck Go revelations), but is simplified to 'one click' for the end user.

Sadly I think the market for something like this is relatively small as most people don't care that their data is being harvested for totalitarian surveillance.

Feuertaufe

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 26, 2021
Germany
- indestructible jeans (crotch)
- indestructible shoes (heel) I have heel spur
- importing Parmesan from Italy in big packs directly to the customer
- micro greens
- one software for all your passwords, automatically generated would be nice
- airbnb in mountains eyecatching places (hiking trails)
- online plattform with languages, starting with most difficult ones like german
- something to turn rain water which is falling on your house into electricity like with the gutter, sewage system
- smart home connecting everything with your smartphone, heating, water, fridge, bathtub, post, door, cameras etc
- import export online shops for getting high quality products from producer directly to customer. in Big packs, annual stock...

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
I'm glad you're doing well with this. I thought of this a few years ago after meeting someone in the business. I just didn't think people would choose a healthy snack over the junk. BTW...I'm in Sedona.

Olivier20

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Jun 23, 2022
Question for you : are battery operated vending machines something that would have a market for ? Like something you could install somewhere far from any power source. Would it have any interest ?

khadush

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
May 29, 2021
India
I see many students who are confused about what they should do next after completing their 12th.
Especially in terms of earning money for their family.

I am thinking about teaching them graphic design skills in a month and teaching them how to find a job in it!

The idea is so simple but, there are lots of people who are not solving this small problem.

Keeton

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Mar 17, 2021
Phoenix, AZ
Question for you : are battery operated vending machines something that would have a market for ? Like something you could install somewhere far from any power source. Would it have any interest ?
Hey Oliver, sorry I just saw your post. Yes I think that's something I would be willing buy. That way I could move the vending machines to carnivals and events and not need to worry about needing to find a power source for them. I would definitely buy it if the cost is in the 2,000-3,000 Dollar range. Right now I buy all my new machines for $1,500 so I'd be willing to pay extra for a battery powered machine.

Keeton

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Mar 17, 2021
Phoenix, AZ
I'm glad you're doing well with this. I thought of this a few years ago after meeting someone in the business. I just didn't think people would choose a healthy snack over the junk. BTW...I'm in Sedona.
That's what a lot of people think. But I learned people will eat what you put in front of them, if its not healthy they'll eat it, if it is healthy they'll eat it. Doesn't mean you don't need to be smart about the locations though. My best selling machines are in places like gyms and cross-fit centers.

Olivier20

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Jun 23, 2022
Hey Oliver, sorry I just saw your post. Yes I think that's something I would be willing buy. That way I could move the vending machines to carnivals and events and not need to worry about needing to find a power source for them. I would definitely buy it if the cost is in the 2,000-3,000 Dollar range. Right now I buy all my new machines for $1,500 so I'd be willing to pay extra for a battery powered machine.
This is definetely something I would be willing to work on then

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.