The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Post all of your ideas and random problems you’ll never execute on...

Leo Hartas

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
May 17, 2018
United Kingdom
I think we need a random off topic chat thread where we just dump all of our half fleshed out ideas that we will never do anything with and discuss them, things that are not worthy of an INE or their own thread.

Why? Maybe someone from the forum will solve your problem for you. Maybe you’ll find a half baked idea you can develop into something.

I’ll start with mine:
- Uber for freight, there’s a massive shortage of freight drivers right now, how about someone with a Ute/truck can just do bulk local b2b deliveries for warehouses like an Uber.
- people with Crohn’s disease sometimes have to do these strict diets where they only eat these shakes, they do this for months and they only have 3 flavours. I think this is the case anyway I don’t have crohns but I remember a workmate doing it years ago and complaining there was only 3 flavours, how to spot an idea 101.
- a phone charger cable that’s some kind of folding circuit board that folds up shaped like a credit card. Definitely doable with the new thin connectors and the usb that are just the flat board part of it.
- a print on demand 3D printing business that prints peoples custom in game characters from games like RuneScape, this is probably the best of these ideas, it would make a huge business if it was done well
- when houses are auctioned people have to get a house inspection before they bid because they can’t do it after they bid, this can get really expensive if you lose a bunch of auctions and is so inefficient. Set up a business that inspects every house being auctioned and just resells the same inspection to anyone interested. Even better if you just pay a share to someone who’s had an inspection done there already and gives it to you to resell to recoup some money.
- yoga mat covers like towels that slip over the mat, cool patterns, washable, grippy. I think I’ve started seeing these now but still an idea.

That’s all I’ve got, hopefully some others a willing to share theirs.

It doesn’t matter how terrible they are just share them here it’s what it’s for.
My two pennies worth:
- A commercial cafe coffee machine that's quiet and quick. I don't know how people sit in cafes with all hissing, banging, splurting racket those awful machines make. It's like trying to relax in a steam train factory. I say bring back instant coffee!
- A plank, or something to fix all the wretched tv/hifi/whatever remotes to so you can't loose them. 'Where's the f**king dibber gone!!' Also make it glow in the dark.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Leo Hartas

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
May 17, 2018
United Kingdom
I appreciate your recommendation to look in business books etc. for good ideas, thanks!

I can so relate to trying to organize notes too haha I keep ideas in a note on my phone and I barely had the patience to decode all of my jumbled words the other day and realized I lost maybe 20% of the ideas because I had no idea what my notes meant.

Do you/anyone think it’s helpful to throw mud at the wall and see if you can make money for bad ideas just for the sake of executing and achieving the goal/skill of making money from an idea? Or on the other hand do you think it’s better to only take action on ideas you see actually being fast lane opportunities? I ask because my guess is I’ve had a discipline problem but in the past I’ve taken action on ideas in hindsight I’ve known are not fast lane.
In the end it boils down to throwing mud at a wall.. but you can improve your chances of it sticking by researching the stickiest mud and best wall to lob it at. It is a difficult one. I've just spent the best part of two years developing my product and I'm about to launch it. This problem is that it had to developed to this finished level to get it to market in the first place. I did a lot of research and testing against the CENTS system first so I'm pretty confident it will get some adhesion, and after launch I'll keep refining it based on feedback. Like you I've sunk a lot of time and money into ventures that later turned out not to be fastlane. I hope I learned a lot from those experiences.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
So the local axe throwing business closed down and I was talking about it with the missus.

Why not just do a mobile axe throwing business for parties.

People want to throw axes but maybe only once and maybe only with a group so why not just forgo all the overheads and staffing and take it to parties and events.

Not fastlane unless you somehow franchised it but man what a hustle. Buy a couple of axes and make some kind of safe portable fence and target setup and you’re in business.

mdot

Always Improve.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Dec 24, 2020
Ontario, Canada
My two pennies worth:
- A commercial cafe coffee machine that's quiet and quick. I don't know how people sit in cafes with all hissing, banging, splurting racket those awful machines make. It's like trying to relax in a steam train factory. I say bring back instant coffee!
- A plank, or something to fix all the wretched tv/hifi/whatever remotes to so you can't loose them. 'Where's the f**king dibber gone!!' Also make it glow in the dark.
Re the silent coffee machine: as a coffee snob connoisseur those sounds ARE the reason I sit in a cafe ;)

starttoday123

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 7, 2022
USA
Re the silent coffee machine: as a coffee snob connoisseur those sounds ARE the reason I sit in a cafe ;)
Haha same. I think it's a good idea but I also seek out coffee shops with La Marzocco brand machines. I feel like Nespresso consumers would be a good audience for it though. I know a few people who can't live without Nespresso.

More ideas I haven't looked into much:
-plan your backpacking trip around the world - click through website that is inexpensive (free and paid version) and interactive to book flights, hostels, hotels etc. and share it with friends and be able to see what the whole trip will cost (I'm not sure how strong the market need is given Covid)
-indoor meditation tent for one person that's somewhat sound proofed to improve meditation and has cool lighting etc. for problem of people hating meditation but wanting to do it that I found online
-whisk device to stir separated natural peanut butter better than a fork to not make such a mess and actually mix it well so there isn't dry peanut butter stuck at the bottom of the jar (try and sell it in grocery stores next to the peanut butter) or a peanut butter with a larger jar with "room to mix" the natural peanut butter to add value
-Chrome extension with a free trial then monthly fee for people with disordered eating issues to hide fasting, calorie info etc.
-refurbished/used red light and blue light device online store and authenticate them so it's more value than buying from Ebay (maybe these would be hard to buy a large number and limited by supply sources)
-skincare peel pads for $1/day price point to solve the problem of needing to buy a million expensive serums to get good skin for $2,000 worth of skincare serums which is costly and time consuming to apply (this is already being done by one company that's owning the market and it might be trademarked)
-broad shoulders high quality basic fitted tee shirts for women/men? with the problem of broad shoulders (I found complaints online and I have had the problem my whole life and it's so annoying)
-blood testing where you only pay for result a flat fee to get tests until you get a positive result for something or money back for no results (for problem for mystery illness/chronic illness costing so much to find out what's wrong - pretty big market and found a lot of price complaints for testing)
-motivational mug store for entreprenuers "never give up" etc. mugs (these are harder than I expected to find online, I cant find any good design)
-Continuous Glucose Monitor book for beginners/biohacker people without diabetes just wanting to get healthier - I think this trend of consumers using medical devices is here to stay
- A YouTube channel for health/intermittent fasting but with extra tips for people in recovery from eating disorders who have limitations - not sure what product this would be selling

Hanabi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Jan 22, 2022
Florida
These are such good ones!

That’s so true about customization. Body type customization, skin tone customization.

I had the problem with not being able to find cool toned makeup literally anywhere and I found in the reviews on Sephora for Fenty cool Amber bronzer (one of the only true cool bronzers at Sephora) there are *so* many people complaining about how hard it is to find a good cool toned bronzer. So that seems like definitely a strong problem to solve.
@start123 Aww, you're cool toned also!

You're spot on with Fenty. I would go as far as saying they are the only mainstream having it. I only found one other brand called Salt New York that has a cool toned "bronzer". They call it "contour" instead. That's it for the American market. Is your skin tone in the pale to light medium range? If so, you might want to look at Korean makeup brands. They make a good amount of cool toned color makeup that has dominated my makeup collection. If you want to know more about which brands and where to get them, PM me.

For any one else reading that may be interested in pursuing this venture, look at Korean makeup brands for inspiration, like Rom&nd, Etude House, and Holika Holika, for creating good cool toned eyeshadow palette color combinations and lip colors. Make sure the colors are more pigmented for the Western market. When it comes to color theory, people with warm tone coloring will be either spring or autumn seasons; and people with cool tone coloring will be either summer or winter. Warm toned people can get away with wearing cool toned colors without looking to horrendous; they just look ashy or overwhelmed. For cool toned people, if we wear warm toned bronzer, it looks like dirt on the face instead of a sunny glow. Also, if we dye our hair too warm, our hair looks like a wig in photos; and if we wear warm toned clothing, our under eyes look darker and tired-looking.

Hanabi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Jan 22, 2022
Florida
-skincare peel pads for $1/day price point to solve the problem of needing to buy a million expensive serums to get good skin for $2,000 worth of skincare serums which is costly and time consuming to apply (this is already being done by one company that's owning the market and it might be trademarked)
Would the peel pad cover all the skin concerns an individual would have? I don't know if that's doable from a cosmetic chemist's perspective. What company are you referring to that owns the market and for what potentially trademarked technology? The reason I'm asking is because my fastlane venture is in the skincare industry, and I want to be aware of everything that's going on in the industry. No stones left unturned.

Last edited:

Harman

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Mar 5, 2021
Mesa, Arizona
I ended up making some homemade ice cream over the weekend and as I was dumping rock salt onto the ice I had the though, 'Why isn't there ice with salt already in it, made specially for homemade ice cream making?'

A speech translating communicator - speak into it in one end and the other spits out the translation

A 360 degree treadmill with a full haptic suit so you can play video games, run on the treadmill = motion in-game and the haptic suit responds to your avatar taking damage.

starttoday123

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 7, 2022
USA
Would the peel pad cover all the skin concerns an individual would have? I don't know if that's doable from a cosmetic chemist's perspective. What company are you referring to that owns the market and for what trademarked technology? The reason I'm asking is because my fastlane venture is in the skincare industry, and I want to be aware of everything that's going on in the industry. No stones left unturned.

Oh nice! They are the Dr. Dennis Gross Daily Peel Pads (and there are 3 strength levels you can select from) This Is the Number-One Top-Selling Peel at Sephora—and Countless Celebs are Fans.

From my limited scientific knowledge on skincare, they address a ton of issues because there are two steps with two peel pads separately packaged in one daily treatment. You apply the first and wait 2 minutes and then use the second pad. I'm copying and pasting the ingredients here:
Step 1:
Water, Alcohol Denat. (SD Alcohol 40-B), Glycolic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Salicylic Acid*, Polysorbate 20, Lactic Acid, Mandelic Acid, Malic Acid, Citric Acid, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Soy Isoflavones, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Glycerin, Copper PCA, Zinc PCA, Lecithin, Alcohol, Polysorbate 80, Disodium EDTA, Menthone Glycerin Acetal, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Benzoic Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate. *Exfoliant.

Step 2:
Water, Sodium Bicarbonate, Resveratrol, Retinol, Ascorbic Acid, Ubiquinone, Phospholipids, Adenosine, Tocopheryl Acetate, Soy Isoflavones, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Copper PCA, Sodium PCA, Zinc PCA, Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Octoxynol-9, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate.

Ricardo Scotta

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Feb 15, 2022
Porto Alegre
My two pennies worth:
The second idea I agreed with you. But, the first one... I don't know... i am a coffee lover, and I think the noise is part of experience.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
From the Dr. Dennis Gross Daily Peel Pads formula: Alcohol Denat. (SD Alcohol 40-B) Denatonium Benzoate.

According to the Global Harmonized System (GHS) administered by the United Nations, Denatured alcohol (SD Alcohol) has additives that make it hazardous. Including:

Denatonium Benzoate, and also Diethyl phthalate, (a plasticizer used industrially to make plastics flexible) which according to the CDC can be mildly irritating when applied to the skin of animals.

Here is the Hazard statement relating to Denatonium Benzoate:
GHS Hazard StatementsH302+H332 (19.66%): Harmful if swallowed or if inhaled [Warning Acute toxicity, oral; acute toxicity, inhalation]
H302 (100%): Harmful if swallowed [Warning Acute toxicity, oral]
H315 (12.69%): Causes skin irritation [Warning Skin corrosion/irritation]
H318 (35.83%): Causes serious eye damage [Danger Serious eye damage/eye irritation]
H332 (88.98%): Harmful if inhaled [Warning Acute toxicity, inhalation]

I would never have handled in my factory or included in my industrial formulas any of the abovementioned chemicals, and I would not smear them on my face. The acids included in the formula, particularly Salicylic Acid are harmless and very effective exfoliants. Another very effective exfoliant is natural sponge which can be rubbed on the skin to accellerate the naturally occurring daily exfoliation that occurs without chemical intervention.

Walter
P.S. I should add a reminder that many substances, whether beneficial or harmful, are readily absorbed into the body through the skin

Last edited:

Hanabi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Jan 22, 2022
Florida
From the Dr. Dennis Gross Daily Peel Pads formula: Alcohol Denat. (SD Alcohol 40-B) Denatonium Benzoate.

According to the Global Harmonized System (GHS) administered by the United Nations, Denatured alcohol (SD Alcohol) has additives that make it hazardous. Including:

Denatonium Benzoate, and also Diethyl phthalate, (a plasticizer used industrially to make plastics flexible) which according to the CDC can be mildly irritating when applied to the skin of animals.

Here is the Hazard statement relating to Denatonium Benzoate:
GHS Hazard StatementsH302+H332 (19.66%): Harmful if swallowed or if inhaled [Warning Acute toxicity, oral; acute toxicity, inhalation]
H302 (100%): Harmful if swallowed [Warning Acute toxicity, oral]
H315 (12.69%): Causes skin irritation [Warning Skin corrosion/irritation]
H318 (35.83%): Causes serious eye damage [Danger Serious eye damage/eye irritation]
H332 (88.98%): Harmful if inhaled [Warning Acute toxicity, inhalation]

I would never have handled in my factory or included in my industrial formulas any of the abovementioned chemicals, and I would not smear them on my face. The acids included in the formula, particularly Salicylic Acid are harmless and very effective exfoliants. Another very effective exfoliant is natural sponge which can be rubbed on the skin to accellerate the naturally occurring daily exfoliation that occurs without chemical intervention.

Walter
P.S. I should add a reminder that many sustances, whether beneficial or harmful, are readily absorbed into the body through the skin
Hello Sir,

From my understanding of the GHS (correct me if I'm wrong), their hazard statements are more for general manufacturing and what people in manufacturing could be exposed to at high concentrations. How does their information relate to the safety of ingredients in cosmetic formulations used by consumers? The Cosmetics Ingredient Review (CIR) is an organization that assesses the safety of ingredients in an open, unbiased, and expert manner. Their expert panel consists of world-renowned scientists in the fields of dermatology, pathology, and toxicology. Here is their assessment report on Denatured Alcohol and Denatonium Benzoate:
If you don't care to read all 43 pages, here is the final conclusion they decided on the ingredients:
"The CIR Expert Panel concluded that Alcohol Denat., SD
Alcohol 3-A, SD Alcohol 30, SD Alcohol 39-B, SD Alcohol
39-C, SD Alcohol 40-B, and SD Alcohol 40-C denatured with
t-Butyl Alcohol, Denatonium Benzoate, Diethyl Phthalate, or
Methyl Alcohol are safe in the practices of use and concentration
as described in this safety assessment, and, that Denatonium
Benzoate is safe as a denaturant."

It is illegal for cosmetic brands to put unsafe products on the market, so it is in the cosmetic brands best interest to put formulations on the market that will be effective and safe (at the correct concentrations) for consumers. I'm not surprised you brought up denatured alcohol; it is a very controversial ingredient (thanks to unethical, anti-science cosmetic brands and general media) in the skincare industry. Denatured Alcohol is an effective solvent for oil-soluble compounds, such as Salicylic Acid. Since it easily evaporates off the skin, it's great for product application. If you're interested in more info on it's safety for the skin, I can link more scientific studies.

Lastly, your statement that many substances are readily absorbed through the body through the skin. In what context do you mean by this? In a manufacturing facility with high concentrations of chemicals and no sufficient PPE in use, this would make sense. However, a consumer's daily exposure to cosmetics, this is not the case. The skin's main purpose is to protect internal organs from outside bacteria and pathogens. The skin's uppermost layer, the stratum corneum, is composed of 15-20 layers of skin cells, and are surrounded by intercellular lipids that prevent substances from passing through. There's also the dermal layer, then the subcutaneous layer. Skincare products normally stay in the stratum corneum. If substances could easily pass through the skin, it would be beneficial for drugs to be administered by transepidermal patches instead of needles. Here's scientific studies talking about the limited effectiveness and challenges of drugs and substances passing through the skin:

P.S. I'm not trying to be a know-it-all person here. There's a lot of misinformation perpetuated by the media and by unethical organizations in the cosmetics industry that fear-mongers consumers in using products and contributing to the growth of chemophobia among the general public, when there shouldn't be. I'm tired of seeing it. War and terrorism are more legitimate things to be afraid of, than your cosmetic products being toxic and potentially killing you.

P.P.S. Mr. Walter, thank you for the value you provide on the forum. I see you give so much of your knowledge and expertise to the members; it's really beneficial to everyone.

Last edited:

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
A friend of mine and I came up with a sound-isolated jar. You scream in it, and nobody will hear you. I think it's unironically an ok idea, but I don't know if it's doable, lol. We also gave it a name: "Yell Coffer". You're welcome if you become a millionaire by making this. Send me one.

Making content about this product will go viral on TikTok.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
A friend of mine and I came up with a sound-isolated jar. You scream in it, and nobody will hear you. I think it's unironically an ok idea, but I don't know if it's doable, lol. We also gave it a name: "Yell Coffer". You're welcome if you become a millionaire by making this. Send me one.
doable or sure, also I won't be doing it.

2 options that come to my mind are:
1. nullify the sound by canceling the amplitude of sound similar to noise-canceling headphones.
2. like gun's silencer reduce the sound.

or a combination of both.

Chrisbal

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Apr 10, 2021
Congo, Democratic Republic of
Thanks for making this thread!

I like the Uber for freight idea. If you end up in that market I used to work in customer service for a travel company and talked to freight drivers a number of times who had another big problem - late at night getting to their hotel and finding out the hotel won't let them park so they had to leave the hotel and often had a non refundable hotel booking and they were so tired and just wanted to go to sleep in the room they bought. Maybe some sort of help finding parking for them would be good too. They have a hard time being away from family so maybe you could show them maps to have them book gigs in their area so they don't have to go too long not seeing family.

Great idea for the yoga mat covers too. Towels are a 100% essential need in Bikram/hot yoga classes so maybe that would be a good market to study/find their towel needs.

After testing some ideas on grademybusinessidea.com with CENTS I finally found one that scores ok I think. The idea is a red and blue light therapy medical device rental company because light therapy devices are $425-1000+ and I think the medical devices being in consumers hands is here to stay not just a trend. I found disgruntled customers online angry about the high prices are so the idea is provide these people how want these products for a lower price (like scentbird, rent the runway etc. )with the high quality skincare devices at a fraction of the cost around the $30/month for one month price point.
Your ideas are amazing, in top of that you explain the problem of the potential market , Thank a lot @starttoday123

polaroid22

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Oct 26, 2021
Universal health file. Even in a small country like Belgium, the health files are either not digitized and still on paper or they are using a different database. Everytime I move I need to request my medical history file and take it to my new doctor. Even the hospitals are not linked, same deal, need to take the documents on paper, or request my old doctor/hospital to transfer it to another hospital. And thats in a small country like Belgium, good luck when you are on vacation in Thailand and need an urgent operation.

Thought a lot on this idea a couple years back, but too much for me to handle alone.

KeithWallace

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
254%
Jun 7, 2018
Hello Sir,

From my understanding of the GHS (correct me if I'm wrong), their hazard statements are more for general manufacturing and what people in manufacturing could be exposed to at high concentrations. How does their information relate to the safety of ingredients in cosmetic formulations used by consumers? The Cosmetics Ingredient Review (CIR) is an organization that assesses the safety of ingredients in an open, unbiased, and expert manner. Their expert panel consists of world-renowned scientists in the fields of dermatology, pathology, and toxicology. Here is their assessment report on Denatured Alcohol and Denatonium Benzoate:
If you don't care to read all 43 pages, here is the final conclusion they decided on the ingredients:
"The CIR Expert Panel concluded that Alcohol Denat., SD
Alcohol 3-A, SD Alcohol 30, SD Alcohol 39-B, SD Alcohol
39-C, SD Alcohol 40-B, and SD Alcohol 40-C denatured with
t-Butyl Alcohol, Denatonium Benzoate, Diethyl Phthalate, or
Methyl Alcohol are safe in the practices of use and concentration
as described in this safety assessment, and, that Denatonium
Benzoate is safe as a denaturant."

It is illegal for cosmetic brands to put unsafe products on the market, so it is in the cosmetic brands best interest to put formulations on the market that will be effective and safe (at the correct concentrations) for consumers. I'm not surprised you brought up denatured alcohol; it is a very controversial ingredient (thanks to unethical, anti-science cosmetic brands and general media) in the skincare industry. Denatured Alcohol is an effective solvent for oil-soluble compounds, such as Salicylic Acid. Since it easily evaporates off the skin, it's great for product application. If you're interested in more info on it's safety for the skin, I can link more scientific studies.

Lastly, your statement that many substances are readily absorbed through the body through the skin. In what context do you mean by this? In a manufacturing facility with high concentrations of chemicals and no sufficient PPE in use, this would make sense. However, a consumer's daily exposure to cosmetics, this is not the case. The skin's main purpose is to protect internal organs from outside bacteria and pathogens. The skin's uppermost layer, the stratum corneum, is composed of 15-20 layers of skin cells, and are surrounded by intercellular lipids that prevent substances from passing through. There's also the dermal layer, then the subcutaneous layer. Skincare products normally stay in the stratum corneum. If substances could easily pass through the skin, it would be beneficial for drugs to be administered by transepidermal patches instead of needles. Here's scientific studies talking about the limited effectiveness and challenges of drugs and substances passing through the skin:

P.S. I'm not trying to be a know-it-all person here. There's a lot of misinformation perpetuated by the media and by unethical organizations in the cosmetics industry that fear-mongers consumers in using products and contributing to the growth of chemophobia among the general public, when there shouldn't be. I'm tired of seeing it. War and terrorism are more legitimate things to be afraid of, than your cosmetic products being toxic and potentially killing you.

P.P.S. Mr. Walter, thank you for the value you provide on the forum. I see you give so much of your knowledge and expertise to the members; it's really beneficial to everyone.
I don't know anything about cosmetics, but this reply was an amazing example of how to disagree with someone while showing the utmost courtesy and respect for their opinion. Nice job Hanabi :thumbsup:

Last edited:

KeithWallace

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
254%
Jun 7, 2018
- A vacuum cleaner that is powerful but very quiet, so cleaning staff can use it in offices and other public spaces where people can't afford to have their conversations drowned out by a loud whining noise.

- An app that shows what car parking spaces are available in a certain area (eg a cinema or busy city centre car park). Somehow detects which spaces are occupied and which are empty and updates the map on the app in real time. User can book the next free space for a small fee which somehow locks it to stop anyone else parking there.

- A better range of non-alcoholic drinks for those non-drinkers who want socialise in pubs/bars but don't want to drink fizzy drinks or water all night. (This is for UK, I've no idea what other countries are like).

- A security device to prevent scammers/bogus officials going door to door. A scanning device that fits to the outside of your house door which connects to a screen on the inside of the house (or a phone app). When an official comes to your door (police, tradesperson, council worker etc) they scan their ID on the outside scanner - this connects to a central official database and sends back details to the homeowner's screen on the inside of the house - a photo of the registered official with their name, confirmation phone number and where they are supposed to be working at that time, maybe a password that changes daily that the official would know. Then the homeowner can compare the official at the door with the photo provided and be sure they are genuine. If not, they can refuse entry or phone the support phone number given on the screen. Can automatically send an alert to a relative or friend that someone is entering their house and who it is. The companies pay a fee to be part of the service - i.e. to be on the database. The end user just buys the hardware or downloads the app for free.

- An app to build for car insurance companies. If you have a car accident and both people involved have the app, you both fill in some details on the app and it automatically syncs the two. Will have a section where you can take photos and write a report of what has happened. Once the app syncs, both parties have the same information with the same set of photos, reports from all involved and witness details - it is locked down and sent to the insurance company so it can't be changed later and the insurance companies can see what everyone's thoughts were at the time of the accident rather than embellishing things later.

- Uber for babysitting. Babysitters register and are vetted by the service. The map shows who is available, their price and how far away they are.

- App where you scan your face then select a new hairstyle from a library of styles, the hair is mapped onto your face so you can see what you would look like. Can include instructions for the hairdresser. Can analyse your face shape (oval, heart etc) and recommend suitable styles for your face shape. You can dye your hair different colours to see how it might work with your skin tone. Send pictures to friends for thumbs up/thumbs down. 3D rotation so you can see what it looks like from the back.

KeithWallace

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
254%
Jun 7, 2018
My two pennies worth:
Re: remote control - definitely like the glow in the dark idea. Or maybe it's voice activated so it bleeps and flashes when you shout "Where's the f**king dibber".

Or maybe better still if there was a system where you could just make hand movements in the air which would control the TV - no remote control to lose or find. Maybe you have a transmitter fitted into a finger ring or a watch.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Re: remote control - definitely like the glow in the dark idea. Or maybe it's voice activated so it bleeps and flashes when you shout "Where's the f**king dibber".

Or maybe better still if there was a system where you could just make hand movements in the air which would control the TV - no remote control to lose or find. Maybe you have a transmitter fitted into a finger ring or a watch.
For a project at school I attached a doorbell to a remote so you push the doorbell button which you could put on your tv and the remote would ring.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Hi Hanabi Thank you for your reply. I was not suggesting that cosmetics that contained the chemicals referred to should not be made or sold, nor did I suggest that warnings should be included on cosmetics labels. Rather, I was expressing my opinion that I would not apply to my skin any product containing those hazardous materials.

I am also well aware that the GHS system is primarily dealing with bulk chemicals, however the GHS system also applies to bulk cosmetics because they are comprised of a number of chemicals, and I referred to it simply to show that some of these substances are to some degree hazardous, however slight.

You also asked in what context do I mean by my statement that many substances are readily absorbed through the body through the skin. I have no intention of arguing, but in answer I think I need only point out that long term nicotine patches are widely used to administer small amounts of nicotine through the skin in order to gradually wean the addict off smoking.

In my factory I conscientiously avoided using any chemicals that might be even slightly hazardous.

Walter

Last edited:

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
@KeithWallace You have provided some great ideas, some of which I suggest would be worth pursuing.

Walter

Last edited:

CharlesFinley

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Nov 7, 2021
.A better range of non-alcoholic drinks for those non-drinkers who want socialise in pubs/bars but don't want to drink fizzy drinks or water all night. (This is for UK, I've no idea what other countries are like).
I've actually done a lot of research for mocktail/soda bar concept for Mormon-country in the US. There was a British mocktail product that came across my feed a couple times called Seedlip. I just checked them out again and their website has a list of bars/retail that stock their products...so this might be a list of bars in your area that can serve a decent mocktail: Locate Seedlip

KeithWallace

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
254%
Jun 7, 2018
I've actually done a lot of research for mocktail/soda bar concept for Mormon-country in the US. There was a British mocktail product that came across my feed a couple times called Seedlip. I just checked them out again and their website has a list of bars/retail that stock their products...so this might be a list of bars in your area that can serve a decent mocktail: Locate Seedlip
Very interesting @CharlesFinley. I'd never heard of Seedlip before but I'll look out for them.

A bit off-topic, but their 'Our Story' page on their website reads like they've worked through an MJ book step-by-step!
- Identified market need
- Identified specific target market (sophisticated non-drinkers)
- 2 years of development before any market feedback
- exponential sales growth within days (productocracy)
- started off in a small kitchen, now expanding out to multiple offices (much like, say, a vegan soup manufacturer ;))
- Their ethos makes you want to support the small independent producer rather than the giant drinks corporation.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

American Alibaba, connecting domestic product designers and domestic manufacturers with zero need for China.

Entrepreneurs could submit RFQs to nothing but “made in the USA” factories and vendors.

Why this doesn’t exist is a wonder to me.

I have no idea how to build a two sided marketplace or the time to learn, otherwise I would have done it already.

Léon_Séguin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 6, 2021
En fait, j'ai fait beaucoup de recherches sur le concept de bar sans alcool / soda pour le pays mormon aux États-Unis. Il y avait un produit britannique sans alcool qui est tombé sur mon flux à quelques reprises appelé Seedlip. Je viens de les consulter à nouveau et leur site Web contient une liste de bars / détaillés qui stockent leurs produits ... il pourrait donc s'agir d'une liste de bars de votre région pouvant servir un cocktail sans alcool décent : Localiser Seedlip
Seedip est situé en Grande Bretagne, la demande semble forte, il y a une opportunité de créer quelque chose dans le même genre et de l'implanter là où ils ne sont pas...

J'habite en France et, je n'ai jamais vu que je savais que ça existait mais jamais vu de belles choses comme ça, je pense créer à des choses comme Seedip dans mon pays.

Qu'est-ce que tu penses de ça ?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.