• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Trading Life for a Weekend?
    Build a Business, Build a Life.
    Unleash the Dream.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is an entrepreneurial business strategy that unleashes dreams, frees time, and explodes your incomes—but more importantly, it changes your life forever. Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.

FREE Download (Unscripted) FREE Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Porsche now offers a $2000 monthly subscription?

Discussion in 'Business Models, Niches, Industries' started by AllenCrawley, Oct 11, 2017.

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.
  1. AllenCrawley

AllenCrawley Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $70,588
    "Porsche will begin an app-based subscription service next month, joining the ranks of automakers experimenting with more flexible ownership models as ride hailing and smartphones upend traditional auto retailing.

The length of the pilot, called Porsche Passport, is open-ended and initially will be limited to just 50 people in Atlanta, according to Klaus Zellmer, president of North America for the Volkswagen AG unit.

The first subscription tier starts at $2,000 a month and allows users to summon a 718 Boxster, Cayman S, Macan S or Cayenne on demand. For $3,000 a month, drivers get access to 22 different Porsche models. Registration, insurance and maintenance costs are covered, though subscribers still have to pick up the tab for fuel. They can swap for as many different models as desired during the month.

Porsche is looking for a way to reach younger consumers whose shopping and transportation habits have been shaped by Silicon Valley giants like Uber Technologies Inc. and Airbnb Inc. It’s following in the footsteps of General Motors Co.’s Cadillac, which launched its Book subscription service in January, and Care by Volvo, which combines lease, insurance and maintenance into one monthly payment."

Read more.

Porsche Passport

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  2. AArora

AArora Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $532
    I read about this the other day and immediately thought about other businesses where this model could work. Still thinking....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Mr_Maravish

Mr_Maravish Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $795
    Sounds interesting, but is $2000 a month really worth it. That's 24k a year for an entry level subscription. I'm pretty sure you can lease a Porsche for less than 2k a month and cover insurance and gas. Also raises the question of weather this younger crowd they are targeting can actually afford this.

TheKing, The-J, cmor16 and 3 others like this.
  4. AgainstAllOdds

AgainstAllOdds Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $37,655
    Imagine how many girls and guys you'd impress driving up in a different Porsche each time.

5. Mr_Maravish

Mr_Maravish Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $795
    hahahaha :rofl:

6. theag

theag Most Aggressive Guy on the Internet on the Planet Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $43,860
    Just finance the subscription rates.

Iammelissamoore, Kak, Roulf and 11 others like this.
  7. StevieB

StevieB Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,694
    You know Lexus is now making you pay a yearly subscription fee for an app that controls the car starter. The first year is free but it's $80/yr after that otherwise -- no car starter.

jpanarra and AllenCrawley like this.
  8. Interesting Life

Interesting Life Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $287
    Yeah, if I was to theoretically want to spend $2,000 a month on a car I'd be aiming a little higher ie Ferrari, Lambo, Bentley, etc

9. Philip Marlowe

Philip Marlowe Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $293
    Or they'll think you're Memphis Raines... haha

10. lowtek

lowtek Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $10,989
    I could see doing this for a month to see what the ownership experience on a couple different cars is like. If you're on the fence on whether you want to buy the panamera or spring for the panamera turbo, it could be worth it to drop a few stacks.

Other than that, I don't know why you wouldn't just lease one for cheaper.

It's also worth noting that cadillac does something similar.

I think this business model will probably catch on in the future.

11. RogueInnovation

RogueInnovation Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $11,554
    Yeah a friend of mine was promoting this idea 7 years ago, but he wanted to do it with every car and yatchs etc
    Porsche has the resources to do this, so it seems to be a smart move

Iammelissamoore and AllenCrawley like this.
  12. minivanman

minivanman Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,782
    If it impresses someone to drive up in a Porsche, are they really worth impressing in the first place? Now if I can drive a Rolls-Royce for $2000 a month, count me in. I don't care about impressing anyone but myself with a Rolls-Royce!

Impressing someone by paying $2000 a month to lease a Porsche reminds me of those people that pay to drive all those exotic cars around places like Miami Beach.

AllenCrawley likes this.
  13. Ceewo

Ceewo Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $717
    Well i think that it's about the versatility right? You can have an all-wheel-drive SUV for winter, panamera or macan during the year, boxster for your summer weekend trips and 911 when you feel like you want to hit some country roads really hard.

Well it will be more expensive than having just one car and you won't own anything but the experience will be much better, plus you don't have to worry about servicing and stuff.

Less worries, better experience = more money

It's on you.

I love the idea.

I haven't studied this particular offer in greater detail because it's not currently what i need but i would love to have something like this in the future.

14. AllenCrawley

AllenCrawley Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $70,588
    You and me both!

15. AArora

AArora Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $532
  16. minivanman

minivanman Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,782
    What I meant was, the choice that Porsche has. If I can have the choice to drive new and old Rolls', I'll do that!

17. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $225,790
    Admin Post
    Nowadays in today's culture wars of "evil rich guy not paying their fair share" I'd be doing it not to impress people, but to piss them off.

The more expensive and gaudy the car, the more powerful the triggering in traffic. :playful: :innocent: :halo:

Cavallie, Striver, Kingmaker and 8 others like this.
  18. AllenCrawley

Rep Bank:
    $70,588
    That's just one Rolls. Set me up on a subscription plan where I can pick different Rolls to drive whenever the mood hits me you got a deal.
    :hilarious:

minivanman likes this.
  19. AArora

Rep Bank:
    $532
    Damnit.. gonna be harder to profit off of you; multiple Rolls and repair bills.. yikes

20. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $225,790
    Admin Post
    Damn, I would have never guessed. I figured you'd for a boxy Mercedes G-Wagon.

[​IMG]

21. AllenCrawley

Rep Bank:
    $70,588
    Close. I got my eye set on a Land Rover Defender for off-road use.

defender.jpg

But yes, Rolls Royce is what I've always pictured myself driving.

22. BrooklynHustle

BrooklynHustle Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,723
    That's what I was thinking

23. Kak

Kak Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $23,310
    A bunch of puff daddys.

24. Kak

Kak Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $23,310
    This should be a featured post.

Kingmaker and jpanarra like this.
  25. 404profound

404profound Bronze Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,537
    F that. I take the bus for $70 a month