The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Pooper Scooper Service

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Hi guys,

I have just sold my recruitment company and bumped at this seemingly valuable business concept. It's basically a simple service that offers pet waste cleaning services. There are many pet owners (including myself) who are too busy or are simply unwilling to clean a poop-bombarded back yard. What do you think about it?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Hi guys,

I have just sold my recruitment company and bumped at this seemingly valuable business concept. It's basically a simple service that offers pet waste cleaning services. There are many pet owners (including myself) who are too busy or are simply unwilling to clean a poop-bombarded back yard. What do you think about it?

Just Do It.

Tonight: buy a Pooper Scooper.
Tomorrow morning: go out and get knocking on doors.

Testing the market starts tomorrow when you knock on the doors.
Target people that have more money. From what I observed, wealthy people have electric fences and just let their dog do their business on their own... all over the lawn.
Plus, they are more likely to spend money on something like this type of service.

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
642%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
Save the poop and sell it as compost/fertilizer, extra value. ;)

_Master_Shake

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
234%
Nov 28, 2016
Illinois
I see you're in Ireland, so that market might still be untapped. There's companies already doing this in the US.

Pet Butler is one of them

I could've swore I saw a pickup truck years ago with the same name on it "Pooper Scooper". They might've sold or merged with a different company.

The 800lb. gorilla in the room is Doo Care, a subsidiary of Waste Management.

Last edited:

AubreyJ

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Mar 26, 2014
Plano, TX
I have two bigs dogs, and I pick up their poop now because I can't justify paying anyone to do it for me. But if I had the extra money to justify this- hell yeah I'd pay someone to pick it up.

One thought is lawn mowing companies a lot of time will do this on top of mowing services- just a thought as it could be potential competition come Spring/Summer

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016
I've considered this in the past. The biggest company in the area has a terrible website and definitely a lot of areas to outperform and exceed expectations. They're quite unprofessional.

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
I've considered this in the past. The biggest company in the area has a terrible website and definitely a lot of areas to outperform and exceed expectations. They're quite unprofessional.

Why you didn't pull it through with this idea?

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016
Why you didn't pull it through with this idea?

Up until very recently I had been quite committed to another opportunity, now that I've got it on semi auto pilot I've been really examining local service businesses. This happened to be one of them. Looking at one particular company that I estimate has a very large market share locally, I see a lot of areas to improve over them. I definitely see room for a tie in to landscaping opportunity - for example the other guys don't resod or even subcontract resodding of damaged grass. Big upsell opportunity there.

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016
I'd also implement a fast online booking system, no one around here even has well optimization for mobile on their sites. I'm in a 4 million+ metropolitan area with largely middle - class homeowners with high property value.

I think adding an air of professionalism and appealing to premium and luxury markets definitely has potential to capture a decent amount of the local customer base.

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
I'd also implement a fast online booking system, no one around here even has well optimization for mobile on their sites. I'm in a 4 million+ metropolitan area with largely middle - class homeowners with high property value.

I think adding an air of professionalism and appealing to premium and luxury markets definitely has potential to capture a decent amount of the local customer base.

This was one of the key factors I was thinking about. Not to put anyone down, but here in Ireland we have very few well optimized apps for ordering services.

I am a dog owner myself and would prefer to order a cleaning by simply clicking few buttons and paying via CC or PayPal without any bullshit involved in calling someone, explaining everything in detail, and spending my time negotiating rates.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.