The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

PoliticalJab.com

Elliott

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jan 18, 2008
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Hey folks,

I'm going to call this my first small e-business venture. I'm starting a blog/forum called PoliticalJab.com. As you might guess the address is www.politicaljab.com. I know politics is a taboo subject here, but we'll see if you can give me feedback about the site, none-the-less.

Please tell me how to improve it, and if you'd like I can make you an author on the site.

Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Site looks ok, nothing fancy. Maybe include pics with your post? Good luck. Your BIG year with this site may be 2010 and 2012 unless you get some big promotions quick. I know poltical stuff goes on 24/7 but the majority of us usually only tuned into the president elections. Just my 2 cents, good luck!

Jorge

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Oct 5, 2007
Mendoza, Argentina
I really like the idea and the domain, but personally I would find another wordpress theme (search the forum, there are several sources cited) and maybe make an improvement to the logo.

Good luck with your venture!

Z5 FILMS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 13, 2007
The Woodlands, TX
I don't like the idea. It revolves around the 2008 election. By the time you start getting traffic, the election will be over. Then what? Endless blogs about Ann Coulter?

I would work on a project that does not have an expiration date.

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 23, 2008
I don't like the idea. It revolves around the 2008 election. By the time you start getting traffic, the election will be over. Then what? Endless blogs about Ann Coulter?

Humbug! Politics (and this domain) have 24/7 appeal for some. Great domain grab. Congrats.

I agree on the recommendations re: look&feel. It seems too playful. A political forum should be more business-like... OR you could take the cynical approach and make it edgy and mean. Good luck!

Elliott

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jan 18, 2008

I really like the constructive criticism. Most people already know that they're awesome and don't need to be told it. =)

I'm hoping to expand beyond this topic, this is just the first day of blogging. Hopfully I'll be able to get other people who want to blog for the site too. Any takers? I can make people the equivalent of mods on the sight.

Regarding the look and feel, I know it's lousy. I don't know the first thing about PHP and this is what I could come up with right away. I know the logo is bad. Its a PSP file and I don't even have photoshop. lol.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

I thought about this as well initially but after taking a few moments to think, I don't think expiration will be an issue. Politics are a year-round gig for this country ... the polarization of this country has gotten worse in recent years and I don't predict it to get any better. I think the political discussion intensity will vary -- during the election intensity is high, but afterwards, it well lessen -- but still be very discussed.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
I like the idea. The timing seems pretty good, but ideally, I guess you could've started a bit earlier. Regardless, hopefully you can get some good traffic in the coming months.

Are you doing anything to advertise? You have a very marketable domain; perhaps you can come up with a catchy slogan to go along with it.

Also, maybe you could do something to track the progress of each candidate? Some sort of ongoing game or something like that that would attract participants passed the election? Idk...just throwin' out some ideas.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Elliott

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jan 18, 2008
I like the idea. The timing seems pretty good, but ideally, I guess you could've started a bit earlier. Regardless, hopefully you can get some good traffic in the coming months.

Are you doing anything to advertise? You have a very marketable domain; perhaps you can come up with a catchy slogan to go along with it.

Also, maybe you could do something to track the progress of each candidate? Some sort of ongoing game or something like that that would attract participants passed the election? Idk...just throwin' out some ideas.

Good luck and keep us posted!

That's a good idea. I'll see if my tech friends can show me how to do that.

Elliott

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jan 18, 2008
Okay, I have a link on the right over on the right-hand side (your right, not the screen's right...lol) That anyone who want can join it. If anyone who joins, I'll make them an author and they can start blogging on the site.

It's PoliticalJab.com

Elliott

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jan 18, 2008
Yeah, I've seen that tutorial on youtube. When I get rid of the movie clips the problems go away. I don't know what the deal is. I have the latest version that doesn't require any changes to your settings, plus the plugin that is supposed to eliminate this.

Anyway, I just got rid of the video clips, problem solved (kinda)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.