The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Please review my WordPress theme site

offroadaz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Feb 5, 2008
Peoria, AZ
Hi all, can you please take a look at my Word Press theme site

http://www.themesthatdontsuck.com

Im averaging about 900 unique's a month but I think I can do better. Most of the traffic is from my comments on other blogs and theme sites. Any tips for better SEO?

I was thinking of adding a blog to the site but wasn't too sure. Also what do you think of the ad placement?

My conversion rate for the premium templates is pretty low. Only 1 sale out of 4,000 unique impressions. Any ideas on how to improve that?

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AndrewG

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Nov 3, 2007
The name is pretty interesting and memorable. But here are some issues I have.

-First, you MUST have a logo with your site's name "gallery theme" isn't professional.

-Secondly, as a theme site, you need a nicer theme, possibly a custom theme. It's too basic right now.

-The banner ad below the logo draws me away from the site's name too quickly. Put it to right of the logo.

- I'd probably put a few less ad spots on the site, at least it until you grow.

- And lastly, place the categories in a more prominent area. It's a little hard to find in the sidebar.

Hope these tips help :)

-Andrew

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
It's simple, but for what you are doing, simple isn't bad. I would like to see a little bit more customization ... you don't want anyone thinking that the theme used in "themesthatdontsuck" sucks.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Looks good. Use can use a simple web 2.0 text logo for now. One with cool text and a 1/2 reflection on the bottom.

Web2.0 - Logo Creatr

Nice catalog of themes!

T

TheGreatBear

Why don't you offer a few of your themes to bloggers somehow(not by spam)?
If you can get a rather famous blogger to use one of your themes and say something good on his blog, it'll be a big hit.
If your themes are really good(I have no idea about this), it's only a matter of numbers before you get a blogger to sponsor you. If you have a friend of a friend of a friend of a wellknown blogger it'll be easier.

Maybe you could also hold a competition after that. "$500 for the best theme design! Submit your entries to win today!"

Just throwing that out, took me 5 seconds to think it so it might not be practical

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Those themes are not his. The site is a compilation of good themes made by other bloggers. I'm assuming that he gets paid an affiliate commission if he gets a sale through his site.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.