The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

PERFORMING a change at 16

1Ivanov1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jul 25, 2017
Italy
Good Afternoon to all of you! This is going to get long and I do not expect many answers.
But I'm looking forward to learning from what you give!

I had already introduced myself in the past but I am going to start like this, I'm 16 and passionate about nothing else but entrepreneurship since I read The Millionaire Fastlane . I didn't know if this the right thread to post to if I am in any way making a mistake writing in this thread I'm sorry, I am trying my best to learn all of the functions of this website!

I just finished reading everything Carol Jones posted about her life on the forum, her free kind tips and I look forward to learning everything from the best. This is what I should do to pursue my dream after school.

I am Currently reading UNSCRIPTED , staying active on the forum, learning from the most incredible stories which can't be found elsewhere. I really want to keep getting deeper into the entrepreneurial mindset and always learn. Fortunately, I found peers in my school who share my same dream and passion and we often talk about their parents' businesses, by the way, this is a private school full of guys and girls whose parents are millionaires and over.

Even if the school costs a lot to attend, teachers' mindsets are the same, they don't budge, from the trapped thinking. Speaking of trapped thinking, the other day I had to attend a high school assembly, a woman was talking about how you will find your way after graduation from College. Sadly she only talked about we (students) can find jobs as doctors, lawyers, engineers and all that kind of stuff that, you know, people brainwashed from the SCRIPT talk about.

I was disappointed not to hear a single word about creating something, building it with difficulties that will occur in life to which you mustn't surrender. I stopped listening after the first 5 minutes, instead of wasting time I read about how to start a business, what budgets are, what patents are. Whatever includes helping people, building a business, company, I read it. Sometimes I think that I am doing something wrong, that I don't mean it enough to progress. I'm done with that, this forum and hearing people's inspiring stories make me get off my a$$ and not complain because I have something that others wish to have.

I'm doing the best I can to detach myself from the laziness, setting limits for myself and feeling unconfident. As you know I have much more to do to improve myself and the lives of others but step by step is the way. I no longer use social media, stopped watching TV if it is not WILD History channel or Discovery. As I walk amongst my schoolmates almost everyone I hear talks about gossip, clothes, buying buying buying, judging, and social media. A lot of people have iPhone 10's already because that is what makes them happy.

I am happy to have encountered a friend who shares my beliefs. I discuss people's stories and methods from the forum with him, explain to him what MJ talks about in his book and he talks to me about how his father grew his business. My parents do not own a business, I live with my stepdad and my mom, I am grateful for what they have done for me all these years, sacrificing their time for me and still doing it now. My dad has another family in England but we're in contact often. None of my family and my stepdad owns a business. My mum encourages me to keep studying about entrepreneurship and pursue my dream.

My mum stepdad and dad have a Slowlane thinking, my stepdad has a job as an insurance agent and is sacrificing his funds to make me study in Switzerland for a bigger goal which I am infinitely grateful for! I grew up poor, I'm talking like I have 25 years or something, nevermind, economic conditions in Bulgaria were increasing so my mom came to Italy and met my stepdad. Since then I met a new world and poverty which I didn't perceive as a child was no longer a thing. As I grew up I realized where I was and where I am now.

Slowlane and Sidewalk mentality grew with me until the age of 15 as I stopped playing so addictively computer games it all changed with The Millionaire Fastlane . Now, instead of being addicted to video games I am to entrepreneurship. I have never expected what a change of mindset will occur at 16. As I grew stronger, I developed awareness, of people and how a lot of things I didn't notice were.

This month was the one which I achieved most small goals I put on myself. As I was reading UNSCRIPTED the library my body did not want to stay in the chair any more several times but I fought with that and managed to read a lot compared to previous weeks. Sometimes I browse the web in search of the most important things about a business, listen to podcasts, read biographies of successful entrepreneurs and I assimilate. I get a MASSIVE amount of knowledge from the internet, but, I have this feeling that I am just studying without a correct route for what I want to do, I'm gathering important information but casually and I do not know what is important and what not for what I want to create in the future. Is this the right path? Am I doing any good or just gathering random information?

I want to find the road to wealth and freedom and travel it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

1Ivanov1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jul 25, 2017
Italy
Learn all you can from this forum and other sources.

Right! That's what I am doing, I just bought an Udemy course, My school allows me to use Linda for free, I just subscribed and waiting for Stanford Online to subscribe me and CodeAcademy is already ready to be studied :D

Last edited:

LeoistheSun

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Oct 3, 2017
Honolulu
Welcome!

Learn all you can from this forum and other sources.

Despite what is show and seen, entrepreneurship is no "walk in the park."

LeoistheSun

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Oct 3, 2017
Honolulu
For alot of things you dont need to be 18 to do it.

Social Media Management, Amazon (I think), software, etc.

Build up a list and start trying stuff. Begin with the end in mind too. CENTS. And Value Skewing.

Dunkafelics

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Jun 12, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
You are already winning the game if you can incorporate the principles and mindset of MTF and Unscripted .

Definitely, make use of the programs you are doing and do your best to figure out a few paths that you would potentially like to go down (web design, social media management, etc.)

My biggest suggestion would be to get yourself involved in business groups around the community. Look for opportunities where you can get involved in being a part of a business rather than just an employee.

Be proud of yourself and the direction you are going.

1Ivanov1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jul 25, 2017
Italy
For alot of things you dont need to be 18 to do it.

Social Media Management, Amazon (I think), software, etc.

Build up a list and start trying stuff. Begin with the end in mind too. CENTS. And Value Skewing.

Good Morning and Thanks for answering @LeoistheSun

I will start building a list, today I'm starting my business course on Udemy, I will examine in depth Social Media Management, Software and in fact I'll continue with my CodeAcademy because I want to know how to build a website. I still don't know about Amazon marketing, need to check it out!

And what do you mean by CENTS? Consumer Education and Training Services? Or something else?

I looked up what Value Skewing means and I can't seem to understand the concept quite well but I'll dig into it! By the way, by saying that I don't need to be 18 to do certain things, I don't know what the rules are in Italy because I'll still live here until I graduate from high school. How can I know what the things I can do for my age are? I don't know where to look up for these things.

I will will do my things with the end in mind thank you for suggesting that to me!
Maybe too many I's but I started setting daily goals for myself. Reading more about business, dig for information, listen to podcasts, take courses online from what MJ suggested and I'll continue doing that!

~Stivan

1Ivanov1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jul 25, 2017
Italy
Good Afternoon @Dunkafelics! Thank you for the support you are giving me!! It's really helpful!
Yes, I need to find a path to follow for business, I just don't know how things will develop in the future to build a system which I can then grow to make it become a Brand. You are right and
I don't want to be an employee!

Do you think Web Design and Social Media management are a good opportunity for me in these years?
I'm just so confused from what I want to create and build In the future. But I won't let myself down and I will research what is best and how the market goes!

Thank you for encouraging and believing in me! It'll be a pleasure to have conversations like this in the future! Last thing, what business groups around the community do you suggest I should subscribe to?

Thank you again! And have a wonderful day!

~Stivan

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...