The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Payment Processors - Recurring

Giles

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 11, 2007
Hi all :wave:

I'm in need of a payment processor that can handle the recurring payments for my monthly subscription based business.

Has anyone used one, or have any recommendations. It's not an adult site so I don't believe I would have any difficulties.

Please keep in mind that im based in New Zealand - so I would need to link it to a New Zealand bank account, or transfer funds every X amount of days (resulting in more fee's).

Would paypal just be best?

Thanks,
Any thoughts are appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
MOst merchant accounts and processors have this feature...

let's ask first, what have you looked at already that didnt have this feature?

Giles

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 11, 2007
Yes all I've looked at can handle this feature - but I've looked at so many its tough knowing which one to choose - hense wanting some opinions.

Currently leaning towards Paypal. No monthly costs, or set up fees, but a % of transactions.

DirectPaymentSolutions also sounds good - and I like that it has New Zealand offices. They are a $50 monthly fee.

rxcknrxll

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
May 16, 2008
Space
for recurring, the only I have personal experience with is Paypal. I like it.

TC2

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jun 30, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
The easily way to find out is to ask your local bank's business / merchant department. They usually have partnership or affiliate program with the merchant processor.

In US, I use Authorize.net to run recurring billing. With paypal, the only downside is that the user has to login to PayPal to authorize the transaction.

Inphinity

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 20, 2007
Auckland, NZ
DPS are definitely solid, and their support team are really helpful. We're using them for a number of credit card processing functions and have had really good experience.

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
hey inphinity are there monthy costs with DPS? Also i just set up paypal through my site and they do not have to log into paypal to secure it.

Giles

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 11, 2007
do you have any sites with paypal I can look at for reference kansas? Are any of them recurring payments?

Thanks for everyones tips.

EastWind

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 31, 2009
USA
Bringing this thread up, since I have a somewhat similiare question but don't want to create new threads.

I'm not so much concerned as to who to use, I will do my own research and decide. However, I do have some questions on implementations for anyone who has.

Where do we store the credit card info? I know it's a big time security risk to store it in your server. So when we process the credit card information the first time, does it get stored on the merchant's system for recurring billing? Now if it does. Will the merchant automatilly bill when it's due, or does our server have to hit it with a request once a month to bill the account again? if our server doesn't have to hit it with a request, then how do we know that the billing went through? I can't imagine doing it through a web site manually, if billing fails, we want to automatically turn off server. So if anyone has actually implemented a monthly recurring billing on their site for a service oriented website, please share details of implementation. Thought I do ask, I will now go google.

Thanks

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.