The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Paying Car Buyers- A Journey Into The FastLane

Good Idea

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 15 100.0%

• Total voters

OpulentSupercars

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Dec 18, 2016
Hey guys I know that to be a successful entrepreneur you need to find a solution to a problem, I have found a solution to car buying. Most people are scared to deal with car dealer and I get that most are shady and want to up sell.

My business model involves paying customers when they buy their next car. People get paid off of percentage of the sale and here is how they go. Exotic cars are 5% luxury cars 10% and all others are 15%. I also offer a bonus for customers who are buying through my website.

My business helps out everyone, the dealer, the buyer, and me.

Knowing that information who thinks this is a good idea or a bad idea, I would be very appreciated of any advise for what I am doing. If you want to go and see how my website looks go to Opulentsupercars.com

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Sounds a lot like you're trying to push your site by asking for advice...

Also, your site looks shady. I wouldn't give you $2,000 for a 1998 Civic let alone $200,000 for a super car.

[HASHTAG]#landfill[/HASHTAG]

smoove001

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Aug 24, 2013
You need to do some modifications to your website. For example your website header is half white, I need to scroll down to read it + The " you buy we pay" is just over the Lamborghini writing which makes it hard to read.

For the business model, I still don't how you can pay people 10% when they buy a car, why won't the dealer just offer the customer 10% off without having to involve you.

Good luck !

OpulentSupercars

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Dec 18, 2016

Also, your site looks shady. I wouldn't give you $2,000 for a 1998 Civic let alone $200,000 for a super car.

I am not trying to push my site at all I was just looking for advice that was all. How does it look shady can you explain? thanks

OpulentSupercars

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Dec 18, 2016
You need to do some modifications to your website. For example your website header is half white, I need to scroll down to read it + The " you buy we pay" is just over the Lamborghini writing which makes it hard to read.

For the business model, I still don't how you can pay people 10% when they buy a car, why won't the dealer just offer the customer 10% off without having to involve you.

Good luck !

Thank you for your reply and I will take that into consideration, the dealers do not always offer a 10% discount, I will pay the people 5% of the sale no matter what the dealers offer is. I will get the money to pay the people from eBay when they pay me for drawing in the customer.

OpulentSupercars

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Dec 18, 2016

Scot just to clarify I do not touch your money.

_Master_Shake

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
234%
Nov 28, 2016
Illinois
Not to be rude, but...

I spent 2 minutes on your site, I'm still not really sure what your service does. Do you connect buyers with cars? Do people who shop for 6 figure cars really buy from ebay? Do they get the same level of buyer protection if they buy through you?

Also, your copywriting is pretty bad. You use 3rd grade vocabulary, no punctuation, run-on sentences. Then you have all sorts of links to "wealth building" at the bottom, its just all over the place. The way it looks, I don't think anyone that's about to hand over 6 figures will take this seriously.

OpulentSupercars

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Dec 18, 2016
Not to be rude, but...

I spent 2 minutes on your site, I'm still not really sure what your service does. Do you connect buyers with cars? Do people who shop for 6 figure cars really buy from ebay? Do they get the same level of buyer protection if they buy through you?

Also, your copywriting is pretty bad. You use 3rd grade vocabulary, no punctuation, run-on sentences. Then you have all sorts of links to "wealth building" at the bottom, its just all over the place. The way it looks, I don't think anyone that's about to hand over 6 figures will take this seriously.

Its OK I do not find you rude. I like constructive criticism but to answer your questions above the answer is I do connect buyers with car, a lot of people do buy from eBay and they do get the same buyer protection because they are buying with eBay not me. I am just the guy that gives them cash back versus if they go to eBay on their own and buy a car.

I realize what you are saying about my writing and I think the problem lies with my font everything is all caps and It does not look very professional. As I am looking at it now it comes off as intimidating. I also write articles on things that have to do with cars, this was for my SEO and I do see how it is everywhere and I will fix that, Thank you for your reply.

Gareth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Nov 25, 2016
The market will tell you.

Run some paid and targeted traffic to it.

Check the results and then learn from them.

David Kotevski

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Mar 4, 2016
I'm just curious as to how you get the funds to pay even 10% from your pocket to your customers if they got 10 200k cars off you would be quite a bit if investment on your behalf.

OpulentSupercars

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Dec 18, 2016
I'm just curious as to how you get the funds to pay even 10% from your pocket to your customers if they got 10 200k cars off you would be quite a bit if investment on your behalf.

To answer your question I get a commission from eBay for each sale, my goal is to pay the percentage to each person. If a customer would want 10 200k car then they would get 5% for each car does that make sense.

Thanks for the reply David

thinkandgrowrich

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Nov 29, 2016
I don't understand the service your business is providing, could you explain it more?

And your website's copywriting is bad, it needs to say what service or product your offering to visitors and how that product or service is going to benefit them. Vague and ambiguous headlines do not work

OpulentSupercars

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Dec 18, 2016
I don't understand your service, could you explain it more?

And your website's copywriting is bad, it needs to say what service or product your offering to visitors and how that product or service is going to benefit them. Vague and ambiguous headlines do not work

I fixed my service page, and I know my copywriting is bad. I am not a professional. OK to answer your question my service is giving cash back. I am partnered with eBay therefore they pay me for a sale I draw up for them, from that I will pay whoever bought the car. The end result will be the car and cash back make sense. Thanks for the reply

thinkandgrowrich

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Nov 29, 2016
I fixed my service page, and I know my copywriting is bad. I am not a professional. OK to answer your question my service is giving cash back. I am partnered with eBay therefore they pay me for a sale I draw up for them, from that I will pay whoever bought the car. The end result will be the car and cash back make sense. Thanks for the reply
The beauty of copywriting is that there are formulas and "laws" set in place that you can follow that almost guarantees results.

http://larslofgren.com/copywriting/the-35-headline-formulas-of-john-caples

http://digitalheartmarketing.com/10...you-can-use-to-get-more-readers-to-your-blog/

read these for more info on creating headlines

lewj24

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO
I am not a professional.

Then why are you in business?? Don't use some shitty excuse to justify why you suck.

A professional is someone who gets paid to do something (their profession). And if you are trying to make this your profession then act like you're a professional. At least fake it until you make it. And don't say, "Selling cars is my profession not copywriting" because that's bologna. Go ahead sell some cars online with no copy, good luck with that. It's the entrepreneur's job to perform at a professional level or pay someone who can.

Why would anybody buy a quarter of a million dollar car from someone who doesn't come off as a pro? If you don't think you're a pro how will your customers?

Start acting professional!

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Ok please give an example because I'll going to list my R8 on EBay soon. I list my car on eBay for say $80,000.

You find someone to bid on my car, say he bids $75,000 and wins. I get paid $75k minus $250 in fees. Where does EBay get the funds to pay you 5%?

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
I don't know where you are in the world, but here in the U.K there are at least two very large, very successful websites doing something very similar (one of them even runs expensive national TV ads). Neither of them have your exact business model, but that is with good reason. Getting cash back on your car just seems a bit cheap, and people will worry if they will ever see the cash.

The two websites I reference both gives the money back in the form of discount off the car. Thinking about it, the largest is just a lead gen for car dealers.

smoove001

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Aug 24, 2013
I don't know where you are in the world, but here in the U.K there are at least two very large, very successful websites doing something very similar (one of them even runs expensive national TV ads). Neither of them have your exact business model, but that is with good reason. Getting cash back on your car just seems a bit cheap, and people will worry if they will ever see the cash.

The two websites I reference both gives the money back in the form of discount off the car. Thinking about it, the largest is just a lead gen for car dealers.
You talking about WeBuyAnyCar company right ?

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
Most people are scared to deal with car dealer and I get that most are shady and want to up sell.

This isn't even remotely true for your target market.

People are scared to deal with car dealers? I know car dealers get a bad rap, but that's because a sidewalker walks into a showroom and ends up buying a car they can't afford. Their paycheck says they can "afford" a $200 a month payment, but they end up with a $400 a month payment because that car dealer puts a gun to their head and forces them to buy the nicer model because YOLO.

Gotta get that overtime now baby! Woo! Living the dream! Peeps gonna be mad jelly over my new Mitsu!

They hate car dealers because of buyer's remorse, and instead of taking responsibility and accountability for their actions they blame the sales people.

I really don't think that's an issue for people that can afford a 6 figure car.

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016

If I was in the market for a 6 figure car, I'd find the fact that you think I'd be concerned with getting "cash back" to be really insulting.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016

18ecdc1e25c9d0c266b0ef1f90f52814.gif

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
You talking about WeBuyAnyCar company right ?

Haha no, as the name suggest, webuyanycar are in the car buying game.

CarWow is who I was talking about. Works like this;

1) You go to them, tell them the car and spec you like
2) They then tell every dealer who stocks, or can source that car
3) The dealers contact you with their best price.
4) You buy your car at a discount (at least the cheapest you can get it)
5) CarWow make FAT commission.

Win-win-win

You get a discount car, dealer makes a sale, CarWow makes commission.

TheKing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
563%
Feb 9, 2016
I can barely understand what service you're trying to offer but I can see that your website could use some improvements.

Regarding your copy I would recommend Cashvertising by Drew Eric Whitman, it has helped me with my copy skills.

And regarding improvements on the design side of things, I took the liberty of using the Chrome inspect tool to change the colours of the "begin"-button and menu links. I also changed the font of the logo to match your headline. Just very small improvements, but feel free to use the code below :)

Before:
2ykjcew.png

After:
zxl0yp.png

The code:

Code:
#main-nav a, #main-nav > li > a {
    color: #ffffff;
    font-weight: bold;
}

.themify_builder .buttons-562-0-0-3 .module-buttons .module-buttons-item a {
    background-color: #E8311F;
    color: #ffffff;
    font-weight: bolder;
    font-size: 18px;
    border-radius: 0px;
}

#site-logo a {
    text-decoration: none;
    font-weight: bold;
}

.themify_builder .text-562-0-0-2.module-text {
    color: #998585;
    font-size: 24px;
    font-style: italic;
}

Good luck!

CycleGuy

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
254%
Jan 16, 2015
Midwest
No one is going to understand what you are actually doing.

Also you're underestimating your clientele. Supercar buyers are generally some of your most intelligent car buyers. Most are car guys who have finally found success in their lives enough to pay for a dream car. They research and shop very specifically. They know exactly what they want and what they are going to pay. They will literally just supersede your operation and go straight to someone who will sell them the vehicle 10% less, making your 5% back worthless to them.

"Option one, buy a car directly from eBay and get the car or buy through us and get that car plus cash back. We pay you 5% of the car you bought. "

You sound like a wholesaler with a dealer license who is simply contacting selling dealers on ebay and buying wholesale, then splitting the buyer's own money with them. YOU PAY FULL PRICE TO ME AND I GIVE YOU 5% BACK! In reality you bought the bought through a dealer for less than the 5% "cash back" and are simply making a profit by wholesaling. Which is a valid model, but you're clouding everything in wording. It's like you want to become a used supercar dealer without any capital or line of credit.

Also, I cannot find any listings on ebay sellers for Opulent motors, Opulent supercars. Even though you talk about your high rating.

Your ad copy sounds like a scam on this classified site. Especially with you located in AZ and the car in NYC...
http://www.classifiedads.com/cars/3ffzg8y5dd94

A buyer of an Aventador isn't buying your line... serious.

I understand the love and appeal of Supercars. You should focus on starting a small used lot locally then make the supercar store a goal for your future. Good luck.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
BTW, this is usually how my car buying experience on ebay goes.

1) You get a PM about your auction asking you how much you would take?
2) You negotiate a price
3) You remove your listing from Ebay
4) Buyer flys to your location to inspect or you bring your car to an independent service they select
5) You agree on a deal
6) Buyer brings cashier's or wires the money to you.

I'm not taking $80,000 via paypal for my car. I fail to see how you can then send the buyer back $4,000. I've never completed a car auction on Ebay, but I can't imagine bidding $100,000 and then winning and then paying through Paypal to someone I don't even know.

OpulentSupercars

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Dec 18, 2016
Then why are you in business?? Don't use some shitty excuse to justify why you suck.

A professional is someone who gets paid to do something (their profession). And if you are trying to make this your profession then act like you're a professional. At least fake it until you make it. And don't say, "Selling cars is my profession not copywriting" because that's bologna. Go ahead sell some cars online with no copy, good luck with that. It's the entrepreneur's job to perform at a professional level or pay someone who can.

Why would anybody buy a quarter of a million dollar car from someone who doesn't come off as a pro? If you don't think you're a pro how will your customers?

Start acting professional!

My business model did not involve writing but it was something that I had to do for SEO, I know that my writing needs work, but I do know a lot about supercars.

OpulentSupercars

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Dec 18, 2016
Ok please give an example because I'll going to list my R8 on EBay soon. I list my car on eBay for say $80,000.

You find someone to bid on my car, say he bids $75,000 and wins. I get paid $75k minus $250 in fees. Where does EBay get the funds to pay you 5%?

Ok here is how it works you put up your car for sale, if he goes through my link and finds that he wants to buy your car and pays $75k eBay pays me for bringing in that customer a percentage, and I pay the customer 5% I get more than 5%.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.