The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Paul Romer, Nobel Prize Winning Economist... Why The World Needs Charter Cities.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

This is fantastic. I thought I would share. I am fascinated by a lot of things that Paul Romer has to say.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Well this is the first truly hopeful thing I’ve watched concerning economy and world population in a long time!

He’s gonna franchise cities.. ha! It’s a great idea... kinda like the British Empire but not evil. Do you think the companies will be responsible for protecting their own ppl in places? I’d be concerned that the night makes right mentality would conflict with the surrounding areas of the other cities were not supportive but.. I suppose if you built them across a country like you build franchises.. always just within a short reach of another one that ppl really like.. it could work because then the population would support it?

What models would they use to form the rules? America’s model of education is awful, but our Republic worked ok for a while..

That’s a list I would love to read. What are the most functional/efficient/good models for taxes, city planning, police, education, health, etc, etc.

It’s too bad he doesn’t have an option to save a city in decline.. poor Seattle.

So many good talking points though! I’m gonna follow this guy. I’m glad you shared this. It’s a great concept.

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
Watching this now. Special Economic Zones as well as and Tech, Science, Industrial Parks are similar or related concepts.

The problem is conversion & on-boarding of locals into buying into the ideas, concepts, and benefits of such projects. When things are real bad, backwards or entrenched. Man, it's not going to be easy to pull this off.

If teams can target the right people and successfully convince such cities and localities to provide the land and governments agree to allow such projects to operate.

Then great.

Execute and we have something that can be replicated globally.

A great and noble idea, the hardest part like entrepreneurship is the execution.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.