The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Panda 3.3 Update

Marketing, social media, advertising

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Curious if anyone on here has had their serps affected by the Panda 3.3 update?

Looks like people are blaming some of the high PR blog network links for their serp drops.

baby-panda-tries-to-scare-300x223.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Sorry man. Do you concur with what others said, do you believe it was due to high pr blog network links? Just curious.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
One of my sites dropped from #1 to #11 on Feb 3rd, but is now back at #6 and holding. All others seemed to be unaffected.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Seem to be unaffected and use blog networks, so who knows. Could be situational, Dont care much though. Get more diverse links, lol.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
One of my sites dropped from #1 to #11 on Feb 3rd, but is now back at #6 and holding. All others seemed to be unaffected.

Hopefully it comes back for you. You mentioned it dropping on Feb 3rd, I didn't think the update came out that early; that's the earliest I've heard anyone's site getting hit.

Seem to be unaffected and use blog networks, so who knows. Could be situational, Dont care much though. Get more diverse links, lol.

I think for most sites, having a good link diversity helps, but I've been reading about a few people that have very diverse link structures (at least they claim to) and even their sites dropping from first page out of the top 500.

My site is still holding down #1 and I too have been using one of the more popular blog networks, but I only post on it 3-5 times a month. So I don't know if only certain networks have been affected or if getting too many links from the blog networks is causing sites to drop or what the deal is. Sucks for a lot of people though.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I have a fairly diverse network and some not diverse, looks like only one site affected and positivly, meaning sites above it got taken out, and that site doesnt have many links, so it was an effected SERP.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
I have a fairly diverse network and some not diverse, looks like only one site affected and positivly, meaning sites above it got taken out, and that site doesnt have many links, so it was an effected SERP.

Haha, that's great news for you! =)

When you say that you have a fairly diverse network, do you mean that you've built your own diverse private high pr blog network or are you saying that the link structures of your sites are diverse?

If the former, I need to talk to you. ;)

Bruce

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Feb 1, 2012
Canada
I've seen a lot of google dancing on my SERPs also. One of my top websites dissapeared from google's first 50 all together today.

I think with more diverse types of links like someone stated above and everything will be okay :).

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Another question -

Are any of you guys building your own private mini-blog networks for your sites?

I would think this strategy would be perfect for someone like Biophase, that has a lot of sites in the same / similar industry.

Bruce

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Feb 1, 2012
Canada
I don't use mini network of blogs at the moment, but however I'm trying to build my own mini network of static html pages, blogs, and etc right now.

My sites that are dancing are mainly backlinked from blog comments, so I assume I need more diverse links.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
My sites that are dancing are mainly backlinked from blog comments, so I assume I need more diverse links.

Haha, yeah, you're definitely going to need more than just blog comments.

seo_pro

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 20, 2012
Florida
The latest update didn't have much effect on my sites. A few went up and some danced around a bit, but settled back where they were before.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
ROTFL! :rofl:

[video=youtube;0St9B1kmJ2g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0St9B1kmJ2g[/video]

Milkanic

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Apr 17, 2012
Madison, WI
I was doing some keyword research today on medical terms and was seeing a lot of sites with 0 back links in the top 10. Unless it is still adjusting, I think back link weight in general might have been reduced..

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.