The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

REAL ESTATE Owner Financed Deals

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

roc

New Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Feb 12, 2011
There has been a lot of talk about owner financed deals on the forum, could the guys who use this as their primary strategy give some tips and insights of a deal they did. How they locked the deals up, how they found them, and the type of paperwork you had drawn up with regards to payments, insurance etc.

OR anything else that you can think. Thanks in advance Roc

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

DustinCA

New Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
I have a few properties that I have sold owner financing because the market was very sketchy and it was the best exit strategy at the time. My first deal that i did was when I sold my own residence. I owed about $290,000 on the property and sold it for $315,000, with $15k down and a remaining balance of $300k via owner financing. My own interest was at 4.5% and I carried the financing for the new owner at 5.5% amortized for 30 years and carried for 5 years with a balloon at the end of the 60 months. I then set up the property with a "land trust" so that there would be no due on sale clause issues. So I received 15k down and cash flow every month, with no headaches. In my contract i have it set up if he is more than 30 days late, the property will be turned into a month to month rental and all equity will be forfeited. Obviously this is very risky because my I am ultimately on the line for the mortgage should the new owner not pay.

I also have a bought a few properties this way as well. The hardest part about this strategy is finding motivated sellers with equity/not upside down. You can put up posters around town, call/post on craigslist ads, or even send out your own leads to homeowners to give you a call when they are ready to sell in a specific area you would like to buy properties in. There are many websites online that talk about all the strategies for just finding motivated sellers, as it is not easy. Then you have to explain owner financing to the current owners and why it would beneficial for everybody.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE How To Create A 100K-1M+ Sales Funnel
reminds me of russell's sales funnel to give you information/teach you get you to buy the rest...
MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
Just had a personal highlight of the program so far - @GuitarManDan gave a one hour Zoom talk on...
MARKETPLACE KAK’s “Kill Bigger” Incubation Program- With DAILY personal attention.
I joined @Kak's business incubator in the first week of May. During our daily chats we uncovered...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
This is your May reminder that you can do this. I'll keep it short. These are the May promos...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks! This is a cool idea, actually. I would like to use your experience as I heard that these...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
would this be available in paper version? I know it's short, but most of my family is...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Here is where you eliminate uncertainty from the future! I wanted to post this image as I...

Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock