The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Outcome Based Goal Setting

Anything related to matters of the mind

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I have to admit, it is really frustrating when it comes to trying to build a business if you have no clue what steps you should take next.

Then I grew sick and tired of not moving forward because I lacked direction; so I found a solution.

Instead of trying to look forward into the future and decide what steps to take next, I pretend it's already the future.

Just like with any sales or marketing campaign, you have to begin with knowing what your desired outcome is.

Let's say I own a fashion magazine.

What do I want to build this business up to? Where do I want it to be when the final product is complete and the company is ready for sale.

• 12 editions per year
  • Advertisers paying for placements.
  • A large readership (paying customers & readership) & social media following
  • Products for sale within the brand, and outside distribution channels such as amazon and retail.
  • A team - people growing the readership, making more sales, closing more sales with advertisers, creating and editing content for each addition.
If the exit strategy is to sell the magazine, the company will be at the point where it's being grown on its own without my involvement, and everything is created, produced, and bringing income in through a system.

Begin with the end in mind.

Now that I have a vision of what the final product is, it allows me to break down each area into smaller tasks, and build one thing at a time.

Step 1 - Create the next monthly edition.
  • Break it down more - get 12 articles.
  • Break it down more - get the first article.
  • Reach out to sponsors.
  • Get pictures.
When I do things this way, there is no more 'thinking of what to do'.

It's pure execution, and this allows me to run THAT much faster.

What is the final vision of where you want your company to be?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.