• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Most liked posts in thread: Opportunities In Chinese/Korean Markets (Southeast Asia)

1. ZF Lee

ZF Lee Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,923
    Bubble tea...

2. Xeon

Xeon All Cars Kneel Before Pagani. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $10,675
    Not sure if there's similar shops selling the following type of desserts in Malaysia, but it's a venture worth considering for anyone interested. Selling products like the following in SE Asia:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

With the right execution targeted to the right crowd in some of the rising countries in SE Asia (such as Vietnam), it could go big. Again, not sure if there's already people doing these over-the-top social-media--worthy desserts.

3. itfactor

itfactor New Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $44
    Greetings from SEA!

In Asian cultures there is this concept of 'face' and it's intricately woven into their consumer behaviour.

Having a business model that aligns strongly with this concept will almost guarantee your business to do well.

E.g. let's say you open a bakery store. If your cupcakes come with something extra-gimmicky and Insta-worthy, you can easily get away charging 2-5x more for your products. Asians will gladly line up in droves and pay a premium just to get the 'privilege' of social proof.

Last edited: May 18, 2019 at 7:20 AM
    moneytree3006, ClaverCasley and Xeon like this.
  4. Ocean Man

Ocean Man How may I provide value? Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $450
    Are you currently in South Korea? It’s extremely difficult to start a business here, more so own property. (Unless you’re married and have a visa to start a business.)

Xeon likes this.
  5. Valhalla

Valhalla Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $838
    I lived in Hong Kong for years and spent a lot of time in other SE Asian cities, I've never felt comfortable as an expat, probably for the reasons you stated about self-segregation etc. but I always found real estate to be easily assessable even as an outsider. For instance, the things I value in a home, space, quiet, modern, view, proximity to mountains/ocean are not (generally speaking) traditionally valued by the local population. So, I was able to purchase property for relatively cheap and lo and behold, other people start to see the value I saw in the area and the prices went up massively. There's always that opportunity of huge returns in developing areas if you can see the value, which it sounds like you do.

But back to what you said about cashing in while not committing to an unstable place. So, minimal capital investment with very little infrastructure, this sounds like a service business, had any specific ideas?

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.