The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Opinion on Website, Plus need SM influencers

Blackboxsubs

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
May 1, 2017
Texas
I am a new business owner and recently launched my website:

www.blackboxonlinestore.com

I just launched, but I am about to begin offering bath bombs, pre-pasted tooth brushes, men and woman boxes, automotive cleaning supply boxes, and household cleaning supplies as well. This is just a test run to see how my product fairs to the masses. I have generated a lot of buzz, and people seem to like the idea but few people have actually purchased a box. Is it the shipping cost that is making things to expensive?

I am alooking for social media influencers to advertise my product for a profit (they would be hitchhiking).

I currently have one affiliate with 19,000 followers on Instagram who is my affiliate, but I'm looking for more. She was able to generate 1000 likes, on one post, in one day, so I know people are interested. I honestly haven't advertised much at all because I am still working out legal contracts for my affiliates and want my website to be perfect before I begin mass marketing.

My goal is to have 10 to 100 influencers advertising my products, as well as advertising through facebook ads, and video ads.

I want an honest opinion of what the Fast Lane thinks of my website. What looks good? What looks bad? How would you suggest I improve? Have affiliate programs worked you? How do you recommend I find new affiliates?

Thank You for reading

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I've edited your post otherwise it will be flagged as promotional / advertising.

E-Sharp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jun 9, 2015
First thing I saw was the gmail address, seems amateurish. I would change it.

Also, your "About" section sounds tentative, makes it seem like you're testing a concept. Maybe you are just testing a concept, and that's fine, but why does the customer need to know that?

Finally, I'm not sure why people would subscribe for things they can purchase at the local store, meaning ordinary brands. You say the price will be lower, so that could be a reason. But do people actually use a whole bottle of mouthwash every month? I would think stuff like consumables or bath bombs (maybe handmade or boutique brand?) might be a better offer.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Blackboxsubs

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
May 1, 2017
Texas
First thing I saw was the gmail address, seems amateurish. I would change it.

Also, your "About" section sounds tentative, makes it seem like you're testing a concept. Maybe you are just testing a concept, and that's fine, but why does the customer need to know that?

Finally, I'm not sure why people would subscribe for things they can purchase at the local store, meaning ordinary brands. You say the price will be lower, so that could be a reason. But do people actually use a whole bottle of mouthwash every month? I would think stuff like consumables or bath bombs (maybe handmade or boutique brand?) might be a better offer.

I actually thought my email had been corrected to my new one. Thank you for letting me know.

On your second point: I never thought of it like that. I just remembered a quote from the book while typing this. "Better to look big and act small than to act small and look big".

On your final thought: That is a good point as well, and a lot of people have asked me that, but I am torn between the idea of not having the monthly option at all, and having a steady passive income from the monthly subscribers. I actually use the purchase of the singular box as a way to get them to sign up for the monthly price at as discount. Do you think I should remove the monthly options all together.

In regards to the bathbombs; I actually have a wholesaler for bathbombs and pre-pasted toothbrushes. I just have to acquire the funds to purchase my first batch.
This is actually my first product line, and I am going to use the income to purchase my items.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.