The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

WEB/DIGITAL Open Source Video Software?

mizchels

New Contributor
Jan 14, 2008
St. John, USVI
You know how there's quite a few open source software programs that offer the basic features of many high-end ones? I use FTP open source software, and there's options for photo-editing, word processing, etc. Does anyone know if there's any decent options for basic video-editing software besides Final Cut Pro? I'd like to try my hand with web videos but don't want to dive into Final Cut just yet. If you have heard of or use anything else, perhaps you could point me in the right direction. Thanks!
:)

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Analyzer

Contributor
Aug 31, 2007
Portugal, Europe
I think most video software is paid beacuse of the typical codecs being used belonging to companies.

The only open source/free program I know is FFmpeg, it works great even though it's not very user friendly when you first use it. I know it's the software used by many of the new youtube clones showing up.

It might serve you depending on what you are trying to do.

zaiteku

New Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Dec 10, 2007
Honolulu, Hawaii
Hi,

not to plug Mac (I dont want to start a flame war here) but just speaking for software iMovieHD works well. I mostly use Final Cut Pro, and its of course very good (feature films are edited on it). But for basic stuff, iMovie is great. Also, I edit HD video in iMovie, on my 2 year old laptop (the first of the dual cores), I can scrub in realtime, and it renders decently fast. It has limitations (hey its almost freeware) but overall its very good IMHO.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom