The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Online website builders alternative!

Idea threads

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Feb 11, 2019
I am not an expert in coding or anything related, but the solution seems simple.

You say: "You usually don't see a site with .wordpress or .wix extension at the top of the page while searching on Google due to poor SEO scripted with your site due to linked code of the parent website which messes the code for SEO."

So, get a custom domain with .com, .net, .io, etc. for less than $20 a year?

Elementor, Divi, aren't those already incredibly easy to use? You can literary take a complete website's template, with all pages created, and simply add your text and images. Takes a few hours at most and costs less than $100 a year.

As far as I understand it, you can easily access and edit code too, at least for Divi.

Basically, it sounds like you're thinking of creating a solution for something that is already flawlessly (subjectively) solved.

Kasual

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Feb 16, 2021
Divi is a goddamn powerhouse. Legendary tool. It makes everything 100x easier.
Divi is a trash bin on fire, rolling down the highway compared to Elementor. If OP wants to use page builders, definitely pick either Oxygen or Elementor, Oxygen is more developer oriented and Elementor can be really powerful with the combination of Crocoblock. All Divi sites I got my hand on were ripe enough for a complete destruction and had to be rebuilt with either Oxygen, Elementor or going custom coding way.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Feb 11, 2019
Divi is a trash bin on fire, rolling down the highway compared to Elementor. If OP wants to use page builders, definitely pick either Oxygen or Elementor, Oxygen is more developer oriented and Elementor can be really powerful with the combination of Crocoblock. All Divi sites I got my hand on were ripe enough for a complete destruction and had to be rebuilt with either Oxygen, Elementor or going custom coding way.
Mind sharing at least a single argument as to why? Would be cool to tell others why it's such "a trash bin on fire", so other forum members don't have to "destruct and rebuild" their sites...

_Aryan_

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Jan 12, 2022
There are many website builders available online like wix, wordpress, squarespace etc. With which you can build websites in less than half the time you would take if you coded it. But one thing many users ignore is how it hurts the website SEO(rankings of the website on the internet) and unavailability of source code if you use them. You usually don't see a site with .wordpress or .wix extension at the top of the page while searching on Google due to poor SEO scripted with your site due to linked code of the parent website which messes the code for SEO.
I think one way of solving this problem can be a structure similar to CSS library like bootstrap etc. Basically, what I think is a template library. Like bootstrap offers CSS styling codes to be used with a single line of code on my website, a template library can offer a whole website template code rendered with a single line of code on my website.
As libraries do not affect SEO this won't affect your ranking on net whatsoever, and as the source code is concerned the library website can offer both "design without code" and "source code" window for both technical and non technical user. For example if you want to add third party plugins like a chat box or any other, it can be added through the design without code window. For plugins which do not exist on the website a request plugin feature can be provided with a time limit.
1.)This would require no need to download a website template.
2.)Won't affect your SEO rankings.
3.)Reduce your coding time.
4.)Would serve both technical and non technical users.
5.) You would not need to pay as you do on website builders as libraries are mostly free of cost.
and several other benefits.

Would like to hear your opinions on this.

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
If you are purely talking about performance, then you might want to look at a headless CMS solution. Otherwise, a managed WordPress solution like Kinsta or Flywheel with a tool like Beaver/Divi/Elementor might be your best option.

originalMJT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jun 18, 2021
England
I use 123reg

Please SEARCH before posting.