The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Online seminars - looking for tech solutions

Diane Kennedy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Aug 31, 2007
I posted a while ago about Second Life as a possible "virtual seminar" location and we ended up (in that thread) deciding that probably it would not work for my community.

I'm kicking around new ideas today. I've been on talks on Talkshoe which allows someone to bring on callers and cut them off, if needed. But the technology always seemed flakey. It could have been the user, though.

I would like to do something where I can provide good solid information and get questions - I could do it strictly online (where people type) and that would work great for visual learners like me who type fast. But others are auditory and don't want to type out questions, so I need an audio solution as well.

Thots anyone?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
That's pretty common... that's how many webinars work. You have a presentation going on online, and that allows people to use a 'chat window' where they can have text conversations. Ideal for presenting a topic. At the same time you have a conf call going on. The webinar component is the visual part, the conf call is where the presenter talks. The host can mute everybody or open the microphone for questions.

Is this what you need?

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Endicott, New York, United States
Diane:

How about doing a teleconference where you are the only one talking?

You could take questions online (via email?), and answer them live.

With an assistant there to read the emails and prep them for you, it should flow smoothly.

Jorge

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Oct 5, 2007
Mendoza, Argentina

Diane Kennedy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Aug 31, 2007
Thank you all. I am probably overthinking this and just need to start with something and see how attendance works out.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
That's pretty common... that's how many webinars work. You have a presentation going on online, and that allows people to use a 'chat window' where they can have text conversations. Ideal for presenting a topic. At the same time you have a conf call going on. The webinar component is the visual part, the conf call is where the presenter talks. The host can mute everybody or open the microphone for questions.

Is this what you need?

This is exactley what i just attended with marketingexperiments.com. it had a chat window for quetions and comments and he would answer them over the confcall. in the power point presentationthey ran polls which you could participate in and itwould show the votes live on his end and then he could close it and the stats would appear! works very very well!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.