The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  • Sell-Me Saturday is Now Live!

Have something to sell? Like to post a video from your YouTube channel? Want to promote your design service? Recommend a company? SELL-ME SATURDAY is your opportunity to self-promote whatever you'd like within the realm of entrepreneurship on one central thread... and at no cost. Go There
    Note: Indiscriminate SEO backlinking to questionable material is not allowed.
  • Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs who are earning their freedom and living their dream.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The C.E.N.T.S Framework outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED®). From multimillionaires to digital nomads to side hustlers who are grinding a job, the Fastlane Forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses with one goal in mind: Freedom— both financial and temporal.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane) Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block.

Online seminars - looking for tech solutions

Diane Kennedy

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2007
I posted a while ago about Second Life as a possible "virtual seminar" location and we ended up (in that thread) deciding that probably it would not work for my community.

I'm kicking around new ideas today. I've been on talks on Talkshoe which allows someone to bring on callers and cut them off, if needed. But the technology always seemed flakey. It could have been the user, though.

I would like to do something where I can provide good solid information and get questions - I could do it strictly online (where people type) and that would work great for visual learners like me who type fast. But others are auditory and don't want to type out questions, so I need an audio solution as well.

Thots anyone?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

andviv

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
That's pretty common... that's how many webinars work. You have a presentation going on online, and that allows people to use a 'chat window' where they can have text conversations. Ideal for presenting a topic. At the same time you have a conf call going on. The webinar component is the visual part, the conf call is where the presenter talks. The host can mute everybody or open the microphone for questions.

Is this what you need?

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 25, 2007
Endicott, New York, United States
Diane:

How about doing a teleconference where you are the only one talking?

You could take questions online (via email?), and answer them live.

With an assistant there to read the emails and prep them for you, it should flow smoothly.

OP
OP
D

Diane Kennedy

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2007
Thank you all. I am probably overthinking this and just need to start with something and see how attendance works out.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
That's pretty common... that's how many webinars work. You have a presentation going on online, and that allows people to use a 'chat window' where they can have text conversations. Ideal for presenting a topic. At the same time you have a conf call going on. The webinar component is the visual part, the conf call is where the presenter talks. The host can mute everybody or open the microphone for questions.

Is this what you need?

This is exactley what i just attended with marketingexperiments.com. it had a chat window for quetions and comments and he would answer them over the confcall. in the power point presentationthey ran polls which you could participate in and itwould show the votes live on his end and then he could close it and the stats would appear! works very very well!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom