The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Online Classified Sales Broker

Ehanson

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 6, 2011
New York, NY
Hi everyone,

I joined the Fastlane Forum a few years back and yet never posted till now. I was amazed at the amount of information and advice on tap here and all the success stories! A few years ago after learning about Alex Tew I became interested in how someone could make money online and what was really possible financially from the internet. I'm trying to create financial freedom for myself and give my family (present and future) a better life- especially in this economy when financial stability and a better life seem out of reach. "Seem" being the key word. I'm focused on my goal and have some experience of creating a few somewhat profitable online and offline ventures (ebooks and web design)

Looking back I should have ramped up marketing for both and not outsource web design when I could have done it myself and kept 100% of the profits... that's for another thread.

I'm seeking a bit of advice about an idea I've had for a few months which can serve as a stepping stone but haven't tested out yet; being a sales broker for online classifieds like Craigslist. Even though Craigslist is ripe with sketchy, unethical and down right scam artists these days in every section there are still some real people there and it's interesting how quickly something when priced right. Though there are both buyers and sellers who are having a difficult time selling and finding what they have/ need.

This is where I would play a role to match the seller up with the buyer for a commission of the sale. It can also be done on Ebay as well. Has anyone tried this before?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DrkSide

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Mar 26, 2013
I don't think this is a feasible business model and it is definitely not a fastlane business.

You are relying on two services with both promote a race to the bottom for product prices. I don't really see a need for a service like this for the majority of people.

However, if you want to test it write up some ads and start posting. It is free to post on craigslist and will only cost your time.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.