The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

One post doesn’t change a life.

Anything related to matters of the mind

Zooman009

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jul 29, 2020
Utah, USA
I joined the fastlane forum recently declaring that I was going to avoid becoming scripted or following the slowlane. But afterwards, I’ve done absolutely nothing but action faking. I’ve been listening to books, and watching YouTube videos, but I haven’t acted on ideas or even decided much at all.
Today was an FTM.
I was driving around doing some work, and it hit me pretty hard. I looked at my steering wheel and asked myself why I wasn’t doing anything with my life or time. Afterwards I had possibly my worst day at work and realized that nothing has changed.
I’m not gonna be one of the hundreds who make one post and never come back, but I just realized how hard that’s gonna be.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
It seems that some people get frustrated and give up when things don't move as fast as they would like. This is a lifestyle change. Usually does not happen overnight.

Lots of the successful people here have gone through multiple iterations and different businesses to get where they are.

Be patient... try and enjoy your life while you move into your next phase. I personally feel that inner peace helps with the process.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
The good news is that the problem is not outside you but inside your own mind. You just have to be willing to put in the work for self-analysis.

I keep written records of myself. Language and thought has a mathematical structure. The problem is that its hidden behind powerful denials and resistance mechanisms.

As much as its easy to focus on the flashy things like cars and impressive instagram posts that just isnt the starting point.

Good luck.

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I see financial and business success as a result of a lot of different things that have to come together. I'm not successful yet, but I'm getting closer. I had a lot of extra stuff in the way that some people don't have to deal with.

I've been on this forum for something like 5 years now. Its a little embarrassing that I've not made a success of myself in that time. But...who cares? Am I in this to improve myself or to look good to fellow forum members? (Honestly, a little bit of both, but mostly to improve myself). When I do get over that hump of financial success, I will look back on this period as worth it. I've grown a tremendous amount. I can have conversations with business owners now that I would have had no idea how to have 5 years ago. I can look at a problem and come up with a few different approaches to it.

One day, maybe soon, I may be able to add a 0 to my income. It will be because I stuck with it, learned from people here and elsewhere, and kept growing. Even though it was hard.

You can do the same. Your path will be entirely different from mine and everyone else here. But, there are common threads among all of us. Pick the thread you feel you need to learn from and get going...

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
I joined the fastlane forum recently declaring that I was going to avoid becoming scripted or following the slowlane. But afterwards, I’ve done absolutely nothing but action faking. I’ve been listening to books, and watching YouTube videos, but I haven’t acted on ideas or even decided much at all.
Today was an FTM.
I was driving around doing some work, and it hit me pretty hard. I looked at my steering wheel and asked myself why I wasn’t doing anything with my life or time. Afterwards I had possibly my worst day at work and realized that nothing has changed.
I’m not gonna be one of the hundreds who make one post and never come back, but I just realized how hard that’s gonna be.
Consider this:

Success is inversely proportionate to the number of personal pronouns in your speech.

How can you impact in scale of magnitude or numbers when your focus is me me me, I I I?

Fastlane is about them not you.

OK it may sound esoteric, but vocabulary is a manifestation of mindset.

Forget about you, talk about their pain & find a solution to improve their lives.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
You're taking on a new career.

It's like playing a new instrument.

You don't sit down to the piano and play a masterpiece. It's a process. When you get better, it starts becoming fun. But sitting down at the keyboard inexperienced and green can be daunting.

Be led by need, value skew, and solutions -- the journey will be much easier.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Fastlane is about them not you.

Yeah, if it’s to feed your ego then it will be tough. You need to be able to set it aside sometimes. But from another perspective, it is about you. The human mind is a type of capital In economics, to be able to configure and allocate resources and money efficiently. And also to spot inefficiencies. Introspection is good, narcissism not so much. Karl Marx talked about this in Das Kapital. Government control of people’s minds, a precious capital resource to be saved from the ruling class.

OK it may sound esoteric, but vocabulary is a manifestation of mindset

Yeah as well as syntax and semantics. I’m a huge fan of logic because it leaves nothing out. Apart from mathematics it is the only other discipline where you can “prove” something with a proof. Other sciences you can only support a theory with evidence.

Cyberthal

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Apr 14, 2020
Shenzhen
> Success is inversely proportionate to the number of personal pronouns in your speech.

Is it though? That sounds verifiable.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Today was an FTM.
So, you hit your "tipping point". People change because it hurts too much to continue with what they are doing and where they are going. They don't change for rewards or good feelings. What are you going to do about it? Start with small changes and go from there. Don't overwhelm yourself and be self-defeating. Success comes from a lot of small changes implemented over time.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.