The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Once you have the skill of copywriting down, how do you expand?

Marvin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jan 4, 2014
How do people do it as a job? I once read zen******* say that copywriting is basically having the ability to print money. Explanation please?

I have read about having to market yourself, finding clients, making ads for companies, etc. What's step 1?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DrkSide

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Mar 26, 2013
If you can write good copy you can sell anything. The copy is what makes people into buyers from lookers.

Edit:The above was what Zen was talking about. He was not talking about creating a business around writing copy for others.

oldscool

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 20, 2011
your internet
Gary Halbert said, "if you are a good copywriter you should have no problem getting clients".

Translation? You should know how to sell yourself.

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
I once read zen******* say that copywriting is basically having the ability to print money. Explanation please?

It makes you a better entrepreneur in general because you learn to view the world from a different lens. You'll know what I mean when you actually learn it yourself.

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/zen*******-changed-how-i-view-the-world.49457/

You might want to check out the Gary Halbert 30 Day Challenge that I see a bunch of other people getting into here. I think oldscool was the one who set it up.

Just be careful not to get stuck in the learning loop forever bro. Some people are in the learning loop for 5,10, 20 years. No point in working for all of this neat knowledge if you won't execute on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marvin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jan 4, 2014
It makes you a better entrepreneur in general because you learn to view the world from a different lens. You'll know what I mean when you actually learn it yourself.

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/zen*******-changed-how-i-view-the-world.49457/

You might want to check out the Gary Halbert 30 Day Challenge that I see a bunch of other people getting into here. I think oldscool was the one who set it up.

Just be careful not to get stuck in the learning loop forever bro. Some people are in the learning loop for 5,10, 20 years. No point in working for all of this neat knowledge if you won't execute on it.

I will check it out right after this is posted.

I do understand the copywriting side of life. Make the average person believe that what you're offering holds more value than the cost. I'm thoroughly enjoying CA$HVERTISING (page 74 now), and am getting lots of valuable information from it. I'm going to read it once, then read it again, the 2nd time taking notes.

I thought the big $ was making ads for companies. My brother suggested looking through yellow pages ads and if they are terrible call them up and offer to make ads for them. I'll look into self-publishing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Enki

on-ramp
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Jun 18, 2013
Cleveland, Oh USA
How do people do it as a job? I once read zen******* say that copywriting is basically having the ability to print money. Explanation please?

1.) Find a product that is in demand
2.) Start a website (Outsource)
3.) Exercise your copy skills (Good Copy Is Expensive)
4.) Get traffic to site (Paid, Organic, Just Get them to your site)
5.) Collect Money

This is just one of a million ways to use copy.

Marvin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jan 4, 2014
1.) Find a product that is in demand
2.) Start a website (Outsource)
3.) Exercise your copy skills (Good Copy Is Expensive)
4.) Get traffic to site (Paid, Organic, Just Get them to your site)
5.) Collect Money

This is just one of a million ways to use copy.

Thanks for dumbing it down. That's all I needed.

Jimmyy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Dec 19, 2013

I have read about having to market yourself, finding clients, making ads for companies, etc. What's step 1?

Besides the generalized business advantages, for directly making money...
- You can freelance with sites like Elance
- Pick other peoples products and market them (from sites like clickbank)
- Get your own product and sell it
- Buy other peoples websites that generate traffic but convert poorly and re-write the copy
- Start your own direct mail set-up from home

The problem with Elance is that it's not only slowlane but you won't pick up other entrepreneurial skills like you will with the other options. I'm blasting my way through the Halbert challenge at the moment and need to find a source of online income so I'm only just starting to look at these like you. If I find any good online guides to help you get started I'll PM them to you. If you find anything good send it my way! :)

Marvin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jan 4, 2014
Besides the generalized business advantages, for directly making money...
- You can freelance with sites like Elance
- Pick other peoples products and market them (from sites like clickbank)
- Get your own product and sell it
- Buy other peoples websites that generate traffic but convert poorly and re-write the copy
- Start your own direct mail set-up from home

The problem with Elance is that it's not only slowlane but you won't pick up other entrepreneurial skills like you will with the other options. I'm blasting my way through the Halbert challenge at the moment and need to find a source of online income so I'm only just starting to look at these like you. If I find any good online guides to help you get started I'll PM them to you. If you find anything good send it my way! :)

Thanks bud! I appreciate it a ton :) And will do.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.