The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ohio?

suvv

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Dec 12, 2015
This is not a meetup; just wondering how local the forum is how many fastlaners are in Ohio, more specifically but not required, southwest Ohio?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

contract

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Dec 29, 2013
Ohio is not a tech state.

It's most family run, brick and mortar stores/warehouses that go back generations. (Or it's a corporation with a long history like P&G)

If you're from the state you'll know exactly why.

Couples settle down super early, rush to have kids/get married, and are so engrossed in comfort.

I've met two people in the past 20+ years that were seriously innovative/talented when it comes to start ups, tech, etc.

There's a handful of smart businessmen, but that means more old-school things like investing, saving money, store floor sales, etc.

It's far too easy to get comfortable in OH when you're surrounded by slowlaners.

suvv

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Dec 12, 2015
Ohio is not a tech state.

It's most family run, brick and mortar stores/warehouses that go back generations. (Or it's a corporation with a long history like P&G)

If you're from the state you'll know exactly why.

Couples settle down super early, rush to have kids/get married, and are so engrossed in comfort.

I've met two people in the past 20+ years that were seriously innovative/talented when it comes to start ups, tech, etc.

There's a handful of smart businessmen, but that means more old-school things like investing, saving money, store floor sales, etc.

It's far too easy to get comfortable in OH when you're surrounded by slowlaners.
I agree almost 100%; though almost all of my friend's parents are rich (IDK even why, whenever I meet someone that seems like a nice friend they always turn out to be rich) and one owns a business, another is the president of AAA, and there's a few "more".

Trud09

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jun 23, 2016
Do you other Ohioan want to try a meetup? I am in Dayton Ohio

Yung1

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 3, 2016
Cleveland, Ohio
Cleveland/Columbus member here. I would be interested, as I know some friends would be as well.

Mikey G

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Aug 6, 2016
I'm 26, and from Cleveland here as well. Would love to link up with like-minded folks and discuss business. Have experience in E-commerce, POD items, and so on. Send me a message !

RossW

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Sep 14, 2017
Columbus, OH
Hey all, I'm new around here and am a Columbus, OH guy. Just putting some feelers out in the existing Ohio threads before starting up a Columbus one. Let me know if there's any interest in starting something locally here!

KLaw

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 4, 2012
ohio
Hey all, I'm new around here and am a Columbus, OH guy. Just putting some feelers out in the existing Ohio threads before starting up a Columbus one. Let me know if there's any interest in starting something locally here!
I'm in between Columbus and Cleveland. Just off of 71. About 45 minutes from Polaris. Definitely interested.

RossW

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Sep 14, 2017
Columbus, OH
I'm in between Columbus and Cleveland. Just off of 71. About 45 minutes from Polaris. Definitely interested.
Awesome! I'm on the road for a few more weeks, but when I'm back maybe we can start something up. I'll start another thread here at some point too to see if anybody else is in the area.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.