The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Offline Business - Expansion Feasibility

BITE

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
May 18, 2016
Hey Fastlane,

I have a meeting with an investor next week and I just don't want to come off as a naive fool. So I'm hoping you can help me with something I'm lacking some knowledge in.

I can't find much information on how to predict expansion of an offline business. Meaning I don't know if getting an additional location every X months is realistic, aggressive or whatever. I understand that there's probably many factors that come in to play and that there isn't a black and white answer. But, if you have any knowledge or resources you could share with me I would be very appreciative :notworthy:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

InformationH

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Jun 20, 2016
If you want detailed advice give detailed information.

What kind of business is it? What's the cost to get another up and running? What the predicted numbers of the business (income, costs, sales etc)?

From what you said we could be talking about something as small as a food truck to as big as a supermarket.

Last edited:

BITE

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
May 18, 2016
If you want detailed advice give detailed information.

What kind of business is it? What's the cost to get another up and running? What the predicted numbers of the business (income, costs, sales etc)?

From what you said we could be talking about something as small as a food truck to as big as a supermarket.

Gotcha, thanks for your response InformationH,

I don't want to say exactly what it is, but it would be similar to how a hotel works: Mainly fixed costs and the business profits after it books X rooms.
The only competitor in the city averages $45,000-$50,000 revenue per month and from working through the details, expenses will be $10,000-$15,000 per month. I know what I'm going to provide is much better than the competitor so I think there's potential to average around 60-70k

Start up costs plus 6 months of expenses is right around $100,000.

My objective isn't really to pin down my projections, because they don't really mean anything. I just don't want to come off as an unrealistic nutjob, but I have zero idea what is realistic when it comes to scaling.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.