The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Offering a new skill as a service to support my FBA business

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Vadim26

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Nov 23, 2018
Vancouver, BC.
I have sourced and launched my product on Amazon this year as the first product of my fitness brand.

While running this business, and having moderate success at Selling and Ranking the product (despite being in an ultra-competitive niche (thanks to @MJ DeMarco for teaching how to skew value)), I discovered two things:

1) I still have a lot of time on my hands;
2) My full-time job is hardly supporting the business expenses (orders with a factory, PPC)

So, I decided why not have some fun...

I am going to offer Amazon PPC management as a service on Upwork and establish a second stream of income.

I will set aside my limiting beliefs:

- a saturated market dominated by freelancers from countries where the cost of living is cheap;
- lack of skills (only half a year or so of experience running amazon PPC for my own brand; but a few years with paid advertising in general)

and just take action and see what happens.

Goals by the end of this week:

1) Set up a profile on Upwork following best practices outlined by @Lex DeVille and based on the structure of successful profiles on Upwork offering the same service;
2) Send 10 highly personalized proposals, while providing a lot of value beforehand;
3) Get going with the first contract.

Goal by the end of 2021: at least 1,000 USD in profit overall from freelancing

.. if anyone is struggling with their amazon PPC, feel free to message.
Free consultation and help with the overall strategy for forum members.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Set up my profile and bio (attached below).

Sent out 20 "YOU" proposals so far (following @Lex DeVille thread here).
Got only one reply with no offer whatsoever.

I don't have any reviews yet, so kind of fighting an uphill battle at the moment.

Here's the template I follow when applying for a project:

Does anyone have any advice? Is the longer copy usually better than the short one?
What bids would you apply with? Super low just to get some reviews or a normal rate?

Your proposals can probably be shorter.

I wouldn't mention that you sell on Amazon, because the first question I would ask (as a client) is...

If he's so good at optimization and strategy, why does he need to freelance?

Also wouldn't talk about "other freelancers".

Overall, your approach doesn't look bad. Only apply to jobs where you are absolutely the best fit and can help the client. Beyond that, just keep trying things. Someone will respond eventually if you're making offers that are too good to refuse.

Last edited:

Vadim26

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Nov 23, 2018
Vancouver, BC.
Set up my profile and bio (attached below).

Sent out 20 "YOU" proposals so far (following @Lex DeVille thread here).
Got only one reply with no offer whatsoever.

I don't have any reviews yet, so kind of fighting an uphill battle at the moment.

Here's the template I follow when applying for a project:

*OFFERING FREE AUDIT/OPTIMIZATION/STRATEGY ADVICE* (depending on the project)

You need ... (paraphrasing a problem a person have). I have been doing advertising for clients for the past 2 years and have been running ads for my own fitness brand on the Amazon platform.

Can you tell me a little about your business...
(2 targeted questions here based on the project)

[In the next 2 paragraphs, I am trying to "pre-solve" a problem client having or provide value by offering some advice]
Example: launching a product ("usually I follow this strategy"...), optimizing existing campaigns ("here are the indicators and processes I use") etc etc.

Since I am new on Upwork - I would like to offer to (whatever I proposed) to do for free.
Feel free to use my tips when vetting another freelancer for this project.

When we work together, I can offer PPC management services.

They will include, but won't be limited to - initial plan and strategy discussion with a client, campaign set up, optimizing bids, optimizing based on the match type, collecting keywords, collecting negative keywords, analysing search query reports, analyzing trends and overall performance. I will weekly update you with the performance of the campaigns so you will always be in the loop.

Feel free to take advantage of my "FREE AUDIT" offer. You will get strategic advice on where your campaigns are failing that could save you thousands of $$$.

Once we work together, I'd want to know more about your product, business goals and advertising budget to help you as much as I can.

Does anyone have any advice? Is the longer copy usually better than the short one?
What bids would you apply with? Super low just to get some reviews or a normal rate?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 12.04.12 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 12.04.12 AM.png
    149.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.