The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Nothing More than an Introduction

FutureLearning

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Nov 1, 2018
Islamabad, Pakistan
Hello Fellow Members

It's Kamran from Future Learning based in Islamabad, Pakistan. I've recently embarked on the road of Entrepreneurship providing Software, Web and Mobile Solutions for Startups and SMEs. Before this I have over 15 years of work experience including last 7 years in ICT Product Management. I also mentor Technology Startups at National Incubation Center.

Looking forward to contribute to this forum and collaborate with the fellow members.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FutureLearning

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Nov 1, 2018
Islamabad, Pakistan
Thanks Andy

Having worked with some tech startups for the last 2 years, I have found that the main thing they don't do is proper market research. For example one startup I worked with wanted to create smart surveillance cameras with AI algorithms. They worked on the solution but didn't know whom to sell it to. They assumed their market to be B2C but when they went to the market, their product failed. Ultimately they had to let go that product and are now building smart switches for home automation of electrical switches.

The second part of your question as in Why that is the case? I think that many Tech Entrepreneurs get easily impressed with the new tech jargons like IoT or AI and they just want to do Startups without focusing on the target market. My first question when I sit in with these Tech Startups is "What Problem You are Solving?" If they are able to answer this question, they usually stuck up with the target market i.e. Is there a Market for Your Offered Solution and What it's size?

There are many other things Startups do wrong but more on that later :smile2:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hello Fellow Members

It's Kamran from Future Learning based in Islamabad, Pakistan. I've recently embarked on the road of Entrepreneurship providing Software, Web and Mobile Solutions for Startups and SMEs. Before this I have over 15 years of work experience including last 7 years in ICT Product Management. I also mentor Technology Startups at National Incubation Center.

Looking forward to contribute to this forum and collaborate with the fellow members.
Welcome.

What do you find is the main thing tech startups do wrong, and why do you think that is?

FutureLearning

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Nov 1, 2018
Islamabad, Pakistan
Welcome to the forum !

Are you more focused on the web, software or mobile part ?
What do you think is the biggest problem your business is facing right now to scale ?

Hello Jeff

Main focus is towards Customized Software Development. It's because all businesses has different needs and goals hence they may need a platform that address those needs for their own sector. Also I enjoy such projects having done them for more than 7 years now working for a multi national as Product Manager.

Since I've just recently started this venture, the main problem is business development and get quality leads whom we could serve.

FutureLearning

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Nov 1, 2018
Islamabad, Pakistan
Salaam bhai,

can you kindly elaborate on this? I am in process of finishing up an article mainly about the intricacies and importance of market research due diligence for some of my clientele.

Khuda hafiz

Walaikum Asalam bhai

Sure. Many Tech startups I've come across spend little or no time on market research. Their main focus is on the tech side of the product and are in the hurry to launch their product/service. One think I observed that most of the Founders of these Tech Startups are new graduates with no experience working for someone else hence it plays a part in them not doing the due diligence

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
Welcome to the forum !

Are you more focused on the web, software or mobile part ?
What do you think is the biggest problem your business is facing right now to scale ?

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
Salaam bhai,

I have found that the main thing they don't do is proper market research.

can you kindly elaborate on this? I am in process of finishing up an article mainly about the intricacies and importance of market research due diligence for some of my clientele.

Khuda hafiz

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...