The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Not sure if I belong here...

UK_Mike

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 10, 2020
North West UK
... but then that pretty much applies to most places I go, online or in reality.

I'm getting on a bit, have worked in a normal job for some time but am now self-employed with two separate (and entirely different) things going on. Both of them are directly linked to the amount of time I can put in to them, so not scaleable in any sense of the word. One of the two things is pretty much the reverse - it's quite time-intensive, but creates a product sold at a fixed (quite low) price, and if I make one and don't think it's up to quality, I'll either put in more time to try to rectify it, or scrap it and start again.

I've been reading the forum on and off for a while, and read some very good stories of how people have made a success of things, and I keep coming back to one problem - my complete and utter lack of ideas. I figured it might be good to join up in case interacting helps me to think of some way to get things moving.

I haven't posted this because I'm hoping someone will hand an idea over on a plate, I'm not really sure why I didn't put something generic and "on-message", but that's not really in the spirit of things.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
... but then that pretty much applies to most places I go, online or in reality.

I'm getting on a bit, have worked in a normal job for some time but am now self-employed with two separate (and entirely different) things going on. Both of them are directly linked to the amount of time I can put in to them, so not scaleable in any sense of the word. One of the two things is pretty much the reverse - it's quite time-intensive, but creates a product sold at a fixed (quite low) price, and if I make one and don't think it's up to quality, I'll either put in more time to try to rectify it, or scrap it and start again.

I've been reading the forum on and off for a while, and read some very good stories of how people have made a success of things, and I keep coming back to one problem - my complete and utter lack of ideas. I figured it might be good to join up in case interacting helps me to think of some way to get things moving.

I haven't posted this because I'm hoping someone will hand an idea over on a plate, I'm not really sure why I didn't put something generic and "on-message", but that's not really in the spirit of things.
Ideas are very much overrated.
First of all, random ideas rarely lead to a profitable business.
Secondly, you dont really need ideas for a business.
I mean you do, but not in the way you think of them.

You`ll find this concept explained in Unscripted very well:
Find out what people want and need and build a business around it.
The point is that you are surrounded by people which have desires.
Desires for things to be easier or less expensive or more entertaining or what have you.
Learn to hear them and you`ll never run out of ideas.

seaten69

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jul 4, 2020
nepal

Firstly if you haven't read TMF or UNSCRIPTED read those books , and don't give up too quickly.
Life is too short to just quit . Even if your business fails you can try again and learn from your mistakes (well i cannot give any advice on business because i don't have one ) but I have inserted one thing in my mind that I would rather die trying then just give up.

Anyways good luck with your business and if you don't know what to do or if you are stuck then ask for advice this forum is full with great people who won't hesitate to teach you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...