The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Not sure if a good business model or not...

Idea threads

mosdef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 1, 2014
So I'm working a slow lane job in the HR industry, my current CEO has offered me to start a niche company under their name and get about 4.5% of the new company.

I'm thinking of telling them NO and just starting my own business instead. Problem is :

- Not fully following the rules of CENT. Anyone with a computer, some knowledge of the industry, and some drive can start the same business model.
- Very hard to scale beyond 3-5 $M in revenue/year. Revenue is correlated to the number of employees.

On the other hand, if I can make this work, it should be possible to lay out the work on employees and focus on scaling/new Fastlane business models.

Any guidance would be appreciated, thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Brass Pockets

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 26, 2023
UK
So I'm working a slow lane job in the HR industry, my current CEO has offered me to start a niche company under their name and get about 4.5% of the new company.

I'm thinking of telling them NO and just starting my own business instead. Problem is :

- Not fully following the rules of CENT. Anyone with a computer, some knowledge of the industry, and some drive can start the same business model.
- Very hard to scale beyond 3-5 $M in revenue/year. Revenue is correlated to the number of employees.

On the other hand, if I can make this work, it should be possible to lay out the work on employees and focus on scaling/new Fastlane business models.

Any guidance would be appreciated, thanks.
Hi, i'm thinking of doing the same and have hung around the idea for 4+ years although i do have a website, structure etc but haven't a marketing approach that i was comfortable with. I've now joined Fox's Legends and that linked with a couple of other ideas feels worthwhile to me. Its a marketing strategy you need to scale ive always thought.

As an HR guy myself i see a lot of potential here to earn high numbers and scale it upwards. I found a company online that is doing well in this field and dived in to see what they do as their front is only HR but there's lots more going on in the background in additional services.

I've ran the numbers to £5m in 8 years but you will need to have a strong mergers and acquisitions drive as well as be open to inward investment with a view to selling to them or some other buyer. On its own it wont scale but my view is to gear the value and offload at that point for £45m, probably to a large player or form a few smaller companies into one larger one so the big dog buys me out before i eat into his market share!

Find a company that does what you want to do, look for traces of success by working backwards into their past/news/industry highlights etc etc and you will have a plan.

All the best

mosdef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 1, 2014
Hi, i'm thinking of doing the same and have hung around the idea for 4+ years although i do have a website, structure etc but haven't a marketing approach that i was comfortable with. I've now joined Fox's Legends and that linked with a couple of other ideas feels worthwhile to me. Its a marketing strategy you need to scale ive always thought.

As an HR guy myself i see a lot of potential here to earn high numbers and scale it upwards. I found a company online that is doing well in this field and dived in to see what they do as their front is only HR but there's lots more going on in the background in additional services.

I've ran the numbers to £5m in 8 years but you will need to have a strong mergers and acquisitions drive as well as be open to inward investment with a view to selling to them or some other buyer. On its own it wont scale but my view is to gear the value and offload at that point for £45m, probably to a large player or form a few smaller companies into one larger one so the big dog buys me out before i eat into his market share!

Find a company that does what you want to do, look for traces of success by working backwards into their past/news/industry highlights etc etc and you will have a plan.

All the best
Thanks for replying, my current employer is about 18 employees and about 1 million in profit each year. I know the ins and outs of the company. So i know that it can be done, but its still note following the guidelines of CENT

Filippos

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Oct 25, 2018
If I were you, I would do it and get a junior or younger colleague with potential to run it under your supervision. You can be a mentor to someone that will be very grateful to you later and make money while you still get time to start other projects that get you excited

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mosdef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 1, 2014
If I were you, I would do it and get a junior or younger colleague with potential to run it under your supervision. You can be a mentor to someone that will be very grateful to you later and make money while you still get time to start other projects that get you excited
I think it will be hard to get someone to do it fully form the start but i think it's possible to outsource most of the work rather quick.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.