The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

RANT No, everything cannot be done "online" or remotely - but that spells opportunity for YOU!

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

thechosen1

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 25, 2020
Galt’s Gulch
I keep reading about how every kind of job is going remote, everything is being automated, technology rules the world, blah blah blah...

Well, yes and no.

This is the path for the future, but we are not even close to being there yet!

You want a fastlane opportunity? Well, work on inventions and methods of making non-remote work able to be remote.

Or go the more direct route and fill a basic, offline need in a service industry. Ya know, like the millionaires who don't focus solely on the internet!

This is going to require complex robots and machines to be invented for myriad tasks. Software is one thing - hardware and machinery is the real tricky part!

So far we have simple tasks automated like stacking boxes in a warehouse, but not necessarily laying bricks or framing a house. Or setting up all the machines necessary to run the actual robots, either.

Examples of jobs that still aren't being done remotely or automatically (and don't show signs of changing soon):

1609363728908.png

1609363784523.png

1609363812500.png

1609363861461.png

1609363887657.png

1609363913187.png

It's going to be awhile until this is all taken over by robots and people sitting on the couch in their pajamas!

You can start a business in these offline fields, or work on innovation to make them remote and automated.

But until then, these jobs are remaining the way they are performed best: in person!

socaldude

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
The economy can take many forms. It all just depends on how all the resources are allocated. Input and output. :)

But I’ve learned to be more skeptical and question how resources are allocated. Like for example do we really need big freeways and cars who’s energy is just wasted as heat and very little for torque? Is there a better more efficient way to transport people?

That’s why in economics “needs” vs “wants” are indistinguishable because it’s doesn’t matter. There’s a market for it. Yeah, you don’t need an 8k OLED TV but there is definitely a market for it. People don’t need it, but they want it.

thechosen1

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 25, 2020
Galt’s Gulch
The economy can take many forms. It all just depends on how all the resources are allocated. Input and output. :)

But I’ve learned to be more skeptical and question how resources are allocated. Like for example do we really need big freeways and cars who’s energy is just wasted as heat and very little for torque? Is there a better more efficient way to transport people?

That’s why in economics “needs” vs “wants” are indistinguishable because it’s doesn’t matter. There’s a market for it. Yeah, you don’t need an 8k OLED TV but there is definitely a market for it. People don’t need it, but they want it.
In many places, there isn’t a better way to transport people.

So the opportunity is to build it!

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Hi - I sent out some emails with the updates but I'll PM you now also, thanks. The issue is...
MARKETPLACE NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (Now open for summer enrollment)
Read the free book, some excellent insights. I also did the website quiz and I did a visual on a...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Chris is super sharp and is aware of many facets of entrepreneurship and can help get your...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
Any chance to make it available outside of US? It has been available outside of the US on...

Forum Sponsor

Learn Fastlane Business Skills & Get Profitable Within 30 Days...

Get Started Now

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom