• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

No Cash For Facebook Ads? Post Funny Memes.

Discussion in 'Advertising, Marketing, Social Media' started by Lex Vance, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Lex Vance

Lex Vance Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $808
    I've found that posting funny meme videos about my industry is a great gorilla marketing tactic. I've got 1,000 likes on my Facebook like page but can reach over 12,000 people in one day on most post that get shared. All I do is find a YouTube video (mostly a movie scene) chop it up to a 30 second clip & post on my like page as a meme video.

I've never paid one cent for Facebook ads and yet have some post with over 100,000 views & engagements. Just wanted to throw that out there for you guys that are boot strapping. I'm not sure how to post a picture in here, but here's a link to a screen shot I took of my latest post. It's a great way to promote your business/website without spending a dime on ads.

Photo Grid 1551323276856 — Postimage.org

Tidder Jail, KLaw, Mattie and 17 others like this.
  2. Longinus

Longinus Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $17,310
    Your post comes at the exact right moment for me, thanks, repped!

Just wonder how you get traction on fb? If you post a meme, how do you know it gets picked up when you don't have an audience yet?

Mattie and Xeon like this.
  3. Lex Vance

Rep Bank:
    $808
    Search for Facebook groups that relate to your industry & join them with your personal page. Then, make a video meme or picture meme and post it to your business Facebook like page. Then, with your personal page, share that meme in the Facebook groups. That's what I do. Sales, website hits, & new Facebook likes start pouring in after I post a good one. Not All are good though. I've posted some turds that I thought were funny but the market didnt think so. LOL Just have fun & don't try to be perfect.

Words of wisdom. Like MJ says in his books, NO POLITICAL POST! Keep it light and fun. Unless politics is your business, I'd stay away from anything political or religious. That's a good way to alienate 75% of people who will block your post.

People love to laugh & will follow pages that brighten their day or inspires them. Hope this helps!

Roli, Bekit, Readerly and 9 others like this.
  4. becks22

becks22 90% coffee, 10% everything else Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $3,400
    I don't use Social Media for my business currently since it's B2B but my first job out of school was doing Social Media. I didn't really get a budget for ads so I would post memes all day long. Our target market was women in their late 20s and early 30s who were looking to get pregnant. Memes really took off with our market of women. Great way if you don't have a ton of extra cash. +Rep

5. LittleJohn

LittleJohn Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $432
    Got it.

I haven't used FB a lot so I don't follow this. Are you saying to like the meme you created with your personal FB account with your business FB account?

When your at this step is there something you can do so that people in your area see your meme (and get exposure to possible customers)?

Xeon likes this.
  6. Xeon

Xeon All Cars Kneel Before Pagani. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $10,235
    Some questions.

1) How do you use your personal FB account to share the meme from your business FB page?
    Sorry, I haven't really been using FB but IG all along lol

2) What were the results like? Are you able to share some figures? E.g: how many conversions / likes this got you?

Genius move btw.

ZF Lee and LittleJohn like this.
  7. AllenCrawley

AllenCrawley Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $72,646
  8. Xeon

Xeon All Cars Kneel Before Pagani. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $10,235
    He gets awareness even if he gets 0 sales for now.
    Besides, it's free traffic, doesn't cost much time to post memes.

Lex Vance likes this.
  9. AllenCrawley

AllenCrawley Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $72,646
    That's my (not so obvious) point. It seems it's good for playing the long game. However, what brings in the sales now?

10. Milkanic

Milkanic Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $6,019
    Xeon and Lex Vance like this.
  11. Lex Vance

Rep Bank:
    $808

Bekit and Xeon like this.
  12. Lex Vance

Rep Bank:
    $808
    It sure does! I check my analytics after a post & revenue from sales and website ad clicks shoot up. And, my FB like page gets 10 to 25 more likes who will be seeing more funny memes about the industry theyre interested in.

ZF Lee, Xeon and AllenCrawley like this.
  13. Lex Vance

Rep Bank:
    $808
    I see it getting traction from the likes, shares & comments I see rolling in.

14. Lex Vance

Rep Bank:
    $808
    Sure. I visit my business FB like page under my personal account. Then I hit the share button & share it in groups who are interested in the industry I'm in. I reach over 10,000 people with one post & can get over 100 shares, likes & comments. I see my website revenue from ad clicks & product sales jump from it. My FB page is still fairly new & this is something ive started playing around with & tweeking. It's working though!

luniac, Bekit and Xeon like this.
  15. Lex Vance

Rep Bank:
    $808
    Yep. You're exactly right. I post my website in the meme so when someone gets done laughing they'll wonder, "who the hell is this that made me crack up?" They click on my website. I've lots of sales this way. All from a funny 30 second video meme that just hangs out on Facebook for years & years and years.

ZF Lee, Bekit and Xeon like this.
  16. Lex Vance

Rep Bank:
    $808
    You share the meme in Facebook groups with your personal page. If your area has a Facebook group then you post in there & people in your area will see it.

17. Lex Vance

Rep Bank:
    $808
    Here's an example I posted on my personal page that I also share on my business page. We have this annoying course we have to do called "Grace Hill". So, I made a funny video meme & put my website link on it & at the end of the video. So, this gets shared a lot & just hangs out on Facebook & advertises for me & generates sales. As you can see, it's gotten over 100,000 views. Tons of comments, shares & likes.

Lex Vance

18. Readerly

Readerly Yes and Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,139
    ZF Lee, Milkanic and Xeon like this.
  19. Xeon

Rep Bank:
    $10,235
    Yup, didn't know of that site before. It's highly relevant to people who're just starting up / pre-start up trying to get the initial traction.

20. Mattie

Mattie Platinum Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $28,163
    I have a friend who does this posts funny meme's all day, and yes he gets a lot of attention and followers, but he's not making any money, he's just getting attention. I hope you get more of a profit out of it.

Xeon likes this.
  21. rollerskates

rollerskates Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,850
    Memes are a good idea because the public has the attention span of a gnat. However...since no one brought it up, don't steal other people's content for your memes. That's bad bad bad and can get you banned from anywhere you're posting them. Go take your own photos or videos.

bbbyet and Xeon like this.
  22. ZF Lee

ZF Lee Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,150
    Now I'm wondering if memes could become the next area of copywriting....:clench::clench::clench:

Can you imagine Upwork putting job posts asking for memes? The bid number would go crazy!

23. Lex Vance

Rep Bank:
    $808
    Yes I put my website link on the post & have it at the end of the funny meme video or on the picture. I check analytics after posts & it spikes. Sales & ad click revenue comes rolling in. I also hashtag it so when someone searches a word for my industry, my funny meme video pops up. So, it just sits on Facebook advertising for me for years & years.

Mattie likes this.
  24. Longinus

Longinus Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $17,310
    AllenCrawley, Xeon and RazorCut like this.
  25. RazorCut

RazorCut Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $26,208
    Looks like it's deliberate by Lex himself. Very bad form. Please reinstate.

AllenCrawley, Xeon and Smuggo like this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.