The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

REAL ESTATE Next Beginner Call

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

reipro

Contributor
Sep 27, 2007
Lincoln, NE
Hey all,

Just wanted to see when a good time would be to have the next call? Please post it here or send me a PM. This one should be much better as we have a little more time to plan the call. My suggestion would be to pick only 2 topics so that we can go more in depth about each one. Maybe even some suggestions of role play ect?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
I'd be interested in something around 4PM EST Monday through Wednesday.

Some topics I'd like to see covered would be smaller multifamily properties as well as marketing and management for these properties.

Thanks again for organizing this!

S928

Contributor
Aug 7, 2007
Can we aim for a date first? I'll vote for (Wed) Nov 28th @ 6:30 P.M. Mountain time ... hopefully, not too far off.

We can role play my situation as I'm trying to grow my assets. I currently own two homes with plenty of equity and I need to 1031, or refinance, to keep growing. Can explain more if needed.

rzach41

Contributor
Oct 23, 2007
I would like to talk about how to invest without your money or credit- wholesales, private lending, being the middleman in deals and getting paid for it etc.

As far as when to schedule the call, anytime Monday/Wed/Fri in the afternoon (pacific time) works for me. Thanks!

rzach41

Contributor
Oct 23, 2007
Here's a quick little list I compiled regarding possible conference call topics:

How to develop your niche and criteria in a property and local area
-the critical factors we need to fully know and understand

Time Management
-advice on how to operate more efficiently and productively

Exchanges
-1031's and/or others, when and how to properly execute these

Market Analysis
-Learning how interest rates + bonds + mortgages + wallstreet + subprime lenders and anything I didnt mention, learning how they all relevantly intertwine

Business Structures
-Any advice on setting up LLCs and such

Case Study of an Investment Property
-An interactive experience to help us beginners to gain a more complete understanding of the overall processes involved in RE investing.

Property Management
-When to use it, etc

Budgeting
-Ways to help us control our money

Networking
-It's importance

Lead Generating and Marketing
-How to setup a successful lead producing system
-Comparisons in different types of marketing (hand made signs vs printed, colors, different sizes, what gets the best responses on a consistent basis)

These are all ideas, please add to the list!

Jorge

Bronze Contributor
Oct 5, 2007
Mendoza, Argentina
Excuse me if I didnt understood well. But whats the plan? Meeting online or in person? 'Cause I'm a little far from USA :p

If its online, I would love to be there :)

I would be interested in any topics, but not the ones related to taxes and business structures because the legislation in my country is different than the US, anyway this should be a topic for all of you because of their importance.

Satpoint

PARKED
Aug 15, 2007
How about a poll? I think it be a bit easier to see what day works best for everyone.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Not to sound harsh, but I would think the best day that works for reipro is all that matters. He is the one hosting it after all.

ryanpal

Contributor
Jul 26, 2007
nj
Here's a quick little list I compiled regarding possible conference call topics:

How to develop your niche and criteria in a property and local area
-the critical factors we need to fully know and understand

Time Management
-advice on how to operate more efficiently and productively

Exchanges
-1031's and/or others, when and how to properly execute these

Market Analysis
-Learning how interest rates + bonds + mortgages + wallstreet + subprime lenders and anything I didnt mention, learning how they all relevantly intertwine

Business Structures
-Any advice on setting up LLCs and such

Case Study of an Investment Property
-An interactive experience to help us beginners to gain a more complete understanding of the overall processes involved in RE investing.

Property Management
-When to use it, etc

Budgeting
-Ways to help us control our money

Networking
-It's importance

Lead Generating and Marketing
-How to setup a successful lead producing system
-Comparisons in different types of marketing (hand made signs vs printed, colors, different sizes, what gets the best responses on a consistent basis)

These are all ideas, please add to the list!

how about handling preforeclosures who've filed bankruptcy? i see this is very common lately

reipro

Contributor
Sep 27, 2007
Lincoln, NE
I am out of town for the next 2 weeks, but will be more than gald to have the call when I get back. Lets look at topics that actaully effect people. Many of them listed are advanced real estate that I am sure most of you are not ready to use. Example why do you need to know about a 1031 if you do not even own a property yet? You want a niche market, but have no idea what you want to invest in? I am not making fun of these topics we just need to keep to the basics so all can learn from the call.:smash:

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Oct 4, 2007
Lets look at topics that actaully effect people. Many of them listed are advanced real estate that I am sure most of you are not ready to use. Example why do you need to know about a 1031 if you do not even own a property yet? You want a niche market, but have no idea what you want to invest in? I am not making fun of these topics we just need to keep to the basics so all can learn from the call.:smash:

How about door knocking techniques that you use with homeowners in the preforeclosure stage. I know that you and Stacy have been very successful in getting homeowner's to open up to you - how do you present yourself, or what's the first line you say, when they answer the door?

And then once in the door - how about some advice about building rapport and trust with the homeowner, and getting the homeowner to realize that they need your help? I think that's a tall hurdle for many to overcome.

Then - the process of presenting a win-win solution to help solve their problem (the foreclosure) and you, the investor, getting a good deal. How do you generally explain it to them - and what do you typically offer the homeowner to help them? (Of course every homeowner is going to have a slightly different need; but generally speaking.) Or, what questions do you ask in order to find out their needs? Then how do you present your case from there?

I think that would be a great start...

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 26, 2007
REIpro-

Since you have already gone down this road, why don't you lead the tour. I'm sure that we all have different topics that we would like covered- but maybe you could just start what what you feel are the basics before expanding.

ryanpal

Contributor
Jul 26, 2007
nj
How about door knocking techniques that you use with homeowners in the preforeclosure stage. I know that you and Stacy have been very successful in getting homeowner's to open up to you - how do you present yourself, or what's the first line you say, when they answer the door?

And then once in the door - how about some advice about building rapport and trust with the homeowner, and getting the homeowner to realize that they need your help? I think that's a tall hurdle for many to overcome.

Then - the process of presenting a win-win solution to help solve their problem (the foreclosure) and you, the investor, getting a good deal. How do you generally explain it to them - and what do you typically offer the homeowner to help them? (Of course every homeowner is going to have a slightly different need; but generally speaking.) Or, what questions do you ask in order to find out their needs? Then how do you present your case from there?

i'll second this. i've spoken with stacy many times but it's always good to hear what i'm doing wrong and how to improve myself. this is one of the biggest battles i'm dealing with. i get homeowners to open up but don't quite seal the deal. and i build rapport with some, but not as affectively as i should in order to "close".

ryan

S928

Contributor
Aug 7, 2007
In agreeance with both posts above.

:coffee:

reipro

Contributor
Sep 27, 2007
Lincoln, NE
I have been out of town for several weeks on busniess then a family emergency. Lets have the next call right after the first of the year!

BEAR

Contributor
Speedway Pass
Oct 11, 2007
Montana
I have been out of town for several weeks on busniess then a family emergency. Lets have the next call right after the first of the year!

I am looking forward to this!

Whenever you have the time, I will be there.....:thumbsup:

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Oct 4, 2007

David - I've thought of another topic that I think would be of interest to those of us starting out: recording the deed in today's environment.

Do you still recommend recording the deed after getting it from the homeowner (if you plan on flipping it) or have you found that this causes a seasoning issue with the banks, in today's environment? If so what is your way around this issue?

Thanks again, I'm looking forward to the next call.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Has anything been decided with this? I'd still be interested in attending...well....listening.

Is everything alright w/reipro?

reipro

Contributor
Sep 27, 2007
Lincoln, NE
Lets set a date to have the call. The family emergency is still on going and I am in Detroit right now working on 10 propeties that we have acquired. I can do the call any time How does Sat the 26th work for everyone??? We can do it in the afternoon like about 3 Pm central time

andviv

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
You set the date, we will be there....
I hope everything improves with your family emergency.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
Hi Fox, After reading your threat and watching some of your youtube I have several query ? 1...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
If you read the last message then you know I'm removing my courses from Udemy next month. You...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
PS. what do you think about the idea of setting up live Busking experiences on Air BNB? I could...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Hi Mj, I just bought it. And reading it. I think is a great idea to write using the stories to...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Thanks for the reply. Whats interesting is that I have an idea that's been cooking which...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom