• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

INTRO Newbie from the UK

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by paul65, Jan 9, 2019.

1. paul65

paul65 New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $21
    Hi everyone,

I'm currently reading the Millionaire Fastlane and found this forum via the book. I'm 53 now and really wish this book had been available years ago as I would have made a lot less business mistakes over the years!

My previous businesses have been: refrigeration & AC service, garden maintenance, microbiology testing service, 180+ affiliate marketing websites and 3 x network marketing distributorships.

At the moment all I have is 2 websites doing a small amount of Amazon affiliate sales (until the were both hacked recently).

I think that the main reasons I haven't been very successful in business is down to lack of confidence and giving up too soon when problems arise.

Best wishes to all of the other newbies and the other forum members!

Paul

lowtek and RazorCut like this.
  2. RazorCut

RazorCut Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $26,228
    Hi Paul,

Welcome and thanks for sharing with us.

53 is still young, and you have a wealth of experience behind you. Plus now you have the 'secret sauce' to build something really worthwhile.

Find something that meets the CENTS criteria, focus fully on it to the exclusion of everything else (i.e. don't let shiny object syndrome raise its ugly head) and follow through to completion. Do that and nothing can stand in your way.

Look forward to following your journey.

paul65 likes this.
  3. lowtek

lowtek Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $27,568
    Welcome to the forum Paul, sounds like you've done a little bit of a lot of stuff.

How'd you get into the microbio testing service? That actually sounds pretty cool, though I think it's probably hard to reach "scale" with it.

paul65 likes this.
  4. paul65

Rep Bank:
    $21
    Hi RazorCut, thanks very much for that. Much appreciated.

5. paul65

Rep Bank:
    $21
    Hi lowtek and thanks for the welcome. "A little bit of a lot" would be the perfect description!
    I went self-employed with the micro testing after years of working in pharmaceutical and industrial micro labs. One of the guys I worked with at my last employer knew a lot of potential clients so I left the employer to work with him on the lab testing side of the operation. It was mostly engineering and engineering-related companies who needed the testing, so individual sales were quite high value but very limited in scale.

lowtek likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.