The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Newbie Fastlane Challenge: Earn $1,000 in May from your Fastlane Business

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

ModernAlpha

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
May 3, 2016
Long Island, New York
I thought of a fun group challenge for people new to the Fastlane.

Earn $1,000 this month with a fastlane business. So it's $1,000+ before June 1st, 2016.

This challenge is ideal for people that have recently launched a fastlane type business.

My Fastlane Business ---> www.ProDatingAssistant.com
I manage online dating accounts for men. I have assistants that can manage the work for me and my focus is getting new clients. Lately, I've been neglecting marketing completely! I started it exactly a year ago and have had some big fluctuations in revenue. Over the last few months, I've been focused on my in-person coaching and have neglected my fastlane business. This is the month it changes.

Looking for any people in similar situations or people that have just launched something and are willing to work towards hitting $1,000+ before June 1st.

If you're an experienced fastlaner making more than $1,000/month, the challenge for you could be increase your income by 10% this month.

So this could be a big group progress thread. Who's in? Share a bit of your story and what you're launching!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ModernAlpha

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
May 3, 2016
Long Island, New York
Ok here's my first update.

My Goals to Accomplish by the end of next week:

- Invest a day or two on copywriting to more clearly describe the benefits of the service.
Cross-referencing my Benefits notes with Web Copy That Sells, one of my favorite books on copywriting.

- I plan to relaunch the website on Wordpress, this way I can do blog posts that are more SEO friendly.
I code all my sites myself, so it's just a matter of picking a kick a$$ theme and putting in the time.

- Compile a list of former Pro Dating Assistant clients.
I can contact and offer the "new" service to (I have made some improvements to our service).

- Spend some time training my assistant to improve his messaging skills.

- Look for a free (or very cheap) marketing method other than social media to attract clients. I've experimented with Adwords (for a different project years ago) and know you can lose money very quickly until you "figure it out" and right now I view that as a risk not worth taking. But obviously definitely something to explore as revenue increases.

- Contact former clients to get 3 video testimonials talking up my training.

------------------------

My profit on each client (for my middle tier plan) is about $333/month. So landing 3 clients for that plan would mean I hit the $1,000 goal for May.

Looking forward to any comments, suggestions, questions?

Last edited:

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

- Invest a day or two on copywriting to more clearly describe the benefits of the service.
Cross-referencing my Benefits notes with Web Copy That Sells, one of my favorite books on copywriting.

- I plan to relaunch the website on Wordpress, this way I can do blog posts that are more SEO friendly.
I code all my sites myself, so it's just a matter of picking a kick a$$ theme and putting in the time.

I can contact and offer the "new" service to (I have made some improvements to our service).

- Look for a free (or very cheap) marketing method other than social media to attract clients. I've experimented with Adwords (for a different project years ago) and know you can lose money very quickly until you "figure it out" and right now I view that as a risk not worth taking. But obviously definitely something to explore as revenue increases.

------------------------

My profit on each client (for my middle tier plan) is about $333/month. So landing 3 clients for that plan would mean I hit the $1,000 goal for May.

I took a look at your site and liked the setup and colors.

Immediately thought you were using Divi theme by Elegant Themes, but then discovered you weren't.

If you want to replicate what you have now you can definitely do it pretty easily with Divi.

Elegant Themes

The Racing Driver

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Apr 20, 2015
UK
Awesome. Great timing ! I'm joining in cos.....

T
ogether
E veryone
A chieves
M ore !

(man that's so damn cliche. But accountability works !)

Was always meaning to start a progress thread at some point, but after seeing this. I thought I might as well join in. I'm right now doing consulting / freelancing for local businesses and am already set to have a $1000+ week.

My Fastlane idea however, involves e-commerce.

Dad has been running his business for a couple of years now. Selling fashion wholesale, and doing well over 6-figures in revenue. Just that the low margins involved means he works pretty much all alone. Plus it's very stressful, he's had 2 heart attacks in the last few years....and absolutely nothing has changed with the way he's running the business. Absolutely no time is spent on marketing at all..

On the bright side, all this while he's developed a brand name. His label is very well known pretty much all over Africa, and is selling in other countries as well.

Plan is simple, start selling directly to the customers. Give them the best prices, and exclusive styles not sold to the retail shops.

Today 6/5/16

- Google Apps Email Setup Done
- Shopify Account created

Next Steps:

- Build up the store
- List Products
- Integrate Payment Processor

Will update this thread, when these steps are complete

ModernAlpha

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
May 3, 2016
Long Island, New York
Awesome. Great timing ! I'm joining in cos.....

T
ogether
E veryone
A chieves
M ore !

(man that's so damn cliche. But accountability works !)

Was always meaning to start a progress thread at some point, but after seeing this. I thought I might as well join in. I'm right now doing consulting / freelancing for local businesses and am already set to have a $1000+ week.

My Fastlane idea however, involves e-commerce.

Dad has been running his business for a couple of years now. Selling fashion wholesale, and doing well over 6-figures in revenue. Just that the low margins involved means he works pretty much all alone. Plus it's very stressful, he's had 2 heart attacks in the last few years....and absolutely nothing has changed with the way he's running the business. Absolutely no time is spent on marketing at all..

On the bright side, all this while he's developed a brand name. His label is very well known pretty much all over Africa, and is selling in other countries as well.

Plan is simple, start selling directly to the customers. Give them the best prices, and exclusive styles not sold to the retail shops.

Today 6/5/16

- Google Apps Email Setup Done
- Shopify Account created

Next Steps:

- Build up the store
- List Products
- Integrate Payment Processor

Will update this thread, when these steps are complete
Sounds like a great idea! For free marketing, you know of tools to automate social media postings right?.. like Hootsuite. You can schedule a few posts/day for the entire month and share a different product each time, etc.

The Racing Driver

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Apr 20, 2015
UK

------------------------

I see you're based in New York, one of my clients is a dating coach in Hong Kong. Different end of the world, but quite similar cities. The coach runs free events for the public to join. Invests a bit on advertising, booking the event, and so on. But by doing that, he/she gets a whole bunch of qualified prospects. Some of who go on to become customers

Last edited:

ModernAlpha

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
May 3, 2016
Long Island, New York
I see you're based in New York, one of my clients is a dating coach in Hong Kong. Different end of the world, but quite similar cities. The coach runs free events for the public to join. Invests a bit on advertising, booking the event, and so on. But by doing that, he/she gets a whole bunch of qualified prospects. Some of who, go on to become customers
I've done a few free seminars, got about 18 people to show up each time, unfortunately it was mostly former clients, and new guys didn't convert to clients. I was in Medellin, Colombia for 5 months this winter, just got back to NY a month ago and did one seminar since being back.

Again, I got some people in the room, but no conversions.. Looking back I can critique myself on a few factors:

- Not upselling properly at end of the talk
- FREE may not be ideal (most guys into FREE seminars are probably not the type of guys looking to lay out $100/hour for coaching. My next seminar I'll charge a $20 "room fee" to weed out most of the time wasters & freebie value takers)
- Could have promoted it more heavily beforehand.

Thanks for bringing this up, as it made me think back and self-analyze some mistakes.

Mac

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 10, 2015
I like the design of your site. The only problem was that the testimonials face was blurred out. While your clients might feel "ashamed" to admitting they have taken online dating coaching, I believe it will hurt you if you use blurred testimonials. You should launch some sort of drip email campaign to try and make them feel proud of subscribing to dating coaching or something along those lines.

ModernAlpha

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
May 3, 2016
Long Island, New York
I like the design of your site. The only problem was that the testimonials face was blurred out. While your clients might feel "ashamed" to admitting they have taken online dating coaching, I believe it will hurt you if you use blurred testimonials. You should launch some sort of drip email campaign to try and make them feel proud of subscribing to dating coaching or something along those lines.
Thanks, I never thought of the testimonials that way. That blurred image is a stock photo. If I contacted some former clients, I most likely could get a few video testimonials without blurred faces. Ahhh.. so many little things to do lol. I'll add this to my to-do list cause it's a good one.. Thanks again!

And once I re-launch the site on Wordpress, I do plan to set up a drip email campaign.. something that is very informative and really teaches alot of my core concepts. I want to add as much value to guys dating lives as I can.

The Racing Driver

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Apr 20, 2015
UK
Been a while since I've been back.

Ok shop still isn't ready. Got a friend who was happy to take professional photos, and waiting for them to come back. Products should be listed this week. Can't wait....

How's things going @ModernAlpha ?

ModernAlpha

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
May 3, 2016
Long Island, New York
Been a while since I've been back.

Ok shop still isn't ready. Got a friend who was happy to take professional photos, and waiting for them to come back. Products should be listed this week. Can't wait....

How's things going @ModernAlpha ?
Honestly, I've been slacking majorly on the Pro Dating Assistant project. Put it on temporary pause. My biggest issue is that I juggle too many projects, but I recently negotiated and purchased a .com domain for a project, I had .co already and not having .com bothered the shit out of me. So since the domain transferred to my account, I've been brainstorming and planning what direction I want to go with it. I have a ton of ideas and I want to move all my projects "under" one brand if that makes sense. I'm spending a lot of time clarifying the brands message and making sure the foundational concepts are solid enough that I can roll with them for a few years before refining them again.

I have a few in-person coaching clients and ongoing skype clients this month which means good money but also teaching me how trading my time directly for money is still a limitation. I need to leverage what I already have and stop trading time for money. The most applicable way I can think of is launching a monthly membership program.. I can give access to premium videos, unlimited email coaching, and do a monthly google hangouts call with all my members.

The email coaching is still technically time for money but its very leveraged and can be done worldwide, I could also outsource it at some point, not to mention I know a coach that offers email coaching to his members and he says out of 35 members he gets emails from only 2 and the rest he never hears from, so its something I think many people won't take advantage of as much as they should.. just like joining the gym or anything.. people want to fix their problems but then only a handful actually put in the work and do what it takes to make long term changes.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.