The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New to the forum

analogue

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jan 29, 2020
Hi, I came here after reading the two books and I'm slowly adopting the fastlane mentality.

I come from a troubled family and had to experience the pain of having parents who changed cults every few years... There's even a "get rich quik and easy" group in that list.

I was also homeschooled, got forced into a major that I hated, and got yelled at the whole time... However, I managed to teach myself a lot about electronics, programing, and a little infosec during that time. Therefore, I ended up with a large gap between my degree and the actual knowledge that I have. (Or maybe I'm being to harsh on the university by comparing the knowledge gained out of intrest to the one "gained" out of pressure?)
Anyways, college felt more like bureaucratic employee infoctrination than an education...

Now, I'm my mid 20's and desperately want to break free from the control of my overbearing family that has learned a thing or two from all the groups they've been involved with. I also want the freedom to develop a few personal projects, learn a to fly, and own an aircraft.

Analogue.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Val Okafor

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Nov 14, 2015
San Diego, CA
It's great that you have read both of MJ's book, it is a sign that you are beginning to assume ownership of the responsibility of running your life. Your best years are ahead of you and its possible to attain all the dreams you have for yourself. At this point, you may want to focus on getting a job, it is an essential rite of passage into all things adulthood.

Good luck and keep us update in your journey.

Wouter

What do you want to be when you give up?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Aug 6, 2019
Netherlands
Welcome to the forum, great to have you here.

Now, I'm my mid 20's and desperately want to break free from the control of my overbearing family that has learned a thing or two from all the groups they've been involved with.
Any specifics steps you plan on taking to get this done?

analogue

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jan 29, 2020
Welcome to the forum, great to have you here.

Any specifics steps you plan on taking to get this done?

Yes, I'm currently "changing the oil" on this by reading about undue influence and high control groups.

Clarifying a meaning and purpose is next. Those groups aim to destroy personal "whys" and replace them with obedience and fixing this is my priority right now.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...