• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

New The Fastlane Logo Design

Discussion in 'Ideas, Needs, Concept Feedback' started by Logomet, Dec 5, 2018.

Which one do you like more?

1. Old one

2. New one

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Logomet

Logomet Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $293
    As I said in my introduction post, I do logos and branding for companies.

Don't know why but I liked this forum right away (I tried many others...). I had to notice The Fastlane logotype and I think it has a lot of room for improvement, it really deserves it. Something that can be applied everywhere without any errors.

I do really respect this forum's logo but why not look better if you can? As logo should work no matter how you resize it (which is very important on the web and in print industry), the current one probably wouldn't pass the test. There are other issues like uniqueness, problem with kerning and so on...This is just my opinion.

I decided to make my own version. I went with an icon that can stand alone and can be used perfectly for social media profile images, image watermarks, etc. The word ''forum'' isn't necessary because after typing The Fastlane in Google you still get the first result. Also, forum part can be promoted in other branding materials and description. The name looks much cleaner.

Which one do you like more?
    TheFastlane.png

Thomas Baptiste, ZF Lee, Roz and 4 others like this.
  2. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $357,184
    Admin Post
    I appreciate the effort but the current logo mimics the book's title (font style) which has grown this forum over the years.

upload_2018-12-5_11-3-24.png

[​IMG]

Have you read this particular book? Are you even aware of it?

The book is why this forum exists, the book didn't come because of the forum, if that makes sense.

Again thanks for the logo design and the effort, it is appreciated.

On another note, this is how FREELANCERS and DESIGN people can gain new clients.

Don't ask for permission.

@Logomet just did this without my permission, although he did email me an offer of interest.

He didn't wait for my response. He just did it.

Had I liked this and thought it was appropriate w/the book, I would ask for the rights and the associated costs of such. And he would have grabbed a new client.

Thomas Baptiste, ZF Lee, Roz and 6 others like this.
  3. Logomet

Logomet Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $293
    Thanks for the reply. Wasn’t aware there is a book directly connected to this forum.

At least I got that F icon read for some future projects

ZF Lee likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.