The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New Steps for An Older Guy

Gareth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Nov 25, 2016
Hey all,

At 49 I'm currently in a "do what you love" business. After 15 years in the IT field I made a tangential shift into becoming a hypnotist! Its something that I truly enjoy doing.

For all the years I was in IT all I could think of was retirement. now the last thing i want to do is retire.

I probably only work 25-30 hours a week at most and rarely ever wake to an alarm clock. So i have a lot of spare time and energy that can be put into other positive projects.

Having spent the best part of 20 years suffering general anxiety, social anxiety and depression, my recovery prompted me down a path to help others as rapidly as I could. I love what I do.

However it's not all rainbows, happy fruit and unicorns.

Over the years I have spent countless hours on money making Ideas that just didn't work. I'm tech savvy so implementation was never an issue. But failure after failure had continued.

The 2nd Change
At the start of this year I made a decision to begin reading more because whilst I am very successful and helping others to shift their mindset, mine was clearly stuck in this area. I knew it was my thinking that was way off.

Reading the Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod AND the 10x Rule by Grant Cardone got me fired up with my goals.

In 30 days I had written the first draft of my book. I had a goal to set up a bunch of new businesses.

Yet after finishing the book I realized that while I believe I can help those suffering anxiety, depression and low esteem and confidence....I did not have the information to help people move far in advance of that.

So I put my book on hold and have begun a journey to make myself wealthy so that I can have the freedom to travel and share the core message that is in my book.

Thank goodness I found TMF . It really smashed some crap that I had going on in my head. I now can see why so many of my ventures had failed.

Wrong Mindset and Terrible Maths.

So right now as a guy who knows local SEO well, I have 4 businesses climbing the rankings. That will take another 4 months or so. They wont make much on exit but they will fund income without a massive amount of effort.

In the meantime I have a developer writing an app that can directly and positively affect anyone who has an online business.

I'm not looking for validation with my post. In fact, quite the opposite. Many of us seek validation that we are on the right track when really we need to be told otherwise (like some contestants on American Idol).

I'm happy to be challenged as it helps my thinking.

I'm here to be inspired!

Regards

Gareth

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...