The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New member!

Mr4213

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 9, 2016
Hello! My name is Andrew and I will give you a little background information about myself and what I am going to accomplish. (This is not a self pity story or anything like that)

To sum it up, I am pretty much homeless. Both parents are, and have been drug addicts my whole life. Lived on a total family income of $2000 a year without any form of government assistance. It was rough!

I joined the military and spent a year in training after high school. When I returned my plan was to start college and move into the dorms. Upon my return I stayed with a family member and I started working 45 hours a week while I waited for the next semester to start.

Did not take long for me to start asking myself a few questions such as,
-What the hell am I doing this for?
-Is this all life is about? Working everyday so I can retire one day and then die?
-There has to be more than this...
-I am working my a$$ off to afford college...so I can get a whole bunch of debt...so I can work more...and then die?..

I have always been very ambitious given my circumstances growing up, but I was still in that "traditional" mindset so my views of success were flawed looking back.

It was at this time I started reading. I started with "Think and Grow Rich. Then moved to "The Intelligent Investor", "Zero to One", "Strategic Marketing", "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" "Rich Dad Poor Dad", "Primary Greatness"...You get the point. Usually I read at least one book a day. I am trying to move it up to 2-3. Once again, work got in the way. I was doing things I did not enjoy instead of doing what I want with my own life.

I also began to teach myself coding. I am almost through JavaScript and am about to learn HTML and CSS.

So eventually after asking myself these questions and reading more I decided it was time to do something. The beauty of growing up poor and never having a house is that I since I do not have a home, I can decide where I want my home to be and create it. And I have decided on California.

At the moment I am getting ready for a move to California (Currently in TX). Not much money saved up. A crappy car. A few possessions and that is it. I am going to load it all in the car and hit the road. Do not have any connections or financial help at all. Pretty much a do or die situation. Which is exactly how I want it. I want to create something for myself there and create value for the world.

By conventional standards it is extremely stupid and crazy. I have no idea what to expect and I know there will be some rough rough rough times...but I do know what will happen if I choose to play it safe. I will stay here, go to school, get a degree, get a job, and then work. I want more from life than that.

My overall goal is to go there, make myself valuable through knowledge, and then find mentors and surround myself with people who will better me. And then found a start up and create real genuine value for the world.

I am on this forum to learn more from people with more knowledge than myself.

This is a amazing resource to have! Down the road when I have more value to add, I will definitively seek to give back to this community.

Nice to meet everyone!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Welcome to the fastlane. What part of Texas to what part of California?

G

GuestUser141

Andrew I wish you luck in life,
You,ve already brought value to the site by sharing your story,as it will inspire some.Others more fortunate will smile ,realizing how fortunate they are,to have gained what they have.

Thank You

Mr4213

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 9, 2016
I definitely appreciate the kind words @ThankYou

@Runum I am in the Wolfforth area. Right now I am planning on Sacramento for a few reasons. Ideally I would like to move to the Silicon Valley, but the cost of living is high as you can imagine. For now Sacramento will have to do.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
I definitely appreciate the kind words @ThankYou

@Runum I am in the Wolfforth area. Right now I am planning on Sacramento for a few reasons. Ideally I would like to move to the Silicon Valley, but the cost of living is high as you can imagine. For now Sacramento will have to do.

Well I can see why you would want to move from the panhandle area. Freakin dustbowl and windy all the time. I wish you well on your voyage to Cali. However, the Austin area and scene is pretty high tech and hip right now. A lot shorter drive. Good luck either way.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...