The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New here

Texan

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jul 8, 2012
Texas
Good morning fastlane people around the world. I read MJ's book about a year ago and it was pretty life changing for me. I had read a string of self-help/get rich books (Think And Grow Rich, etc.) but MJ's book was by far the most practical.

As you can guess, I am from Texas in the good 'ol US of A. The business climate here is outstanding, so I've been pursuing a business that I started even before reading the book. I've been able to make some changes to the original business model to make it more "fastlane."

My unborn daughter was recently diagnosed with a congenital heart defect. Why do I mention that? Because never has the drive to make money quickly been so powerful. My main business is seasonal (it is a product that people only want during the winter and spring), so I am working on some writing and a mobile app (outsourced). I have made a fair amount of money with the writing and this forum has been invaluable as I work on the mobile app.

Anyway, that's a little about me. I've been lurking here for a couple of months, so I thought I would stop stalking the place and let you folks know a little about me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

xhcsurge

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Jul 21, 2012
Belgium
Hi welcome around. The US is a great place to do business indeed. I live in Europe and none of the countries here are nearly as interesting for entrepreneurs... If you feel like making money quick, I find MJ's lesson 'focus on the needs' the most valuable. Look at what people want and they'll pay you for it.

Good luck and get-well-soon to your daughter!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Moving to Texas this Fall. What part of Texas are you from? And... when is your daughter due?

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Welcome from The Woodlands!

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
Welcome to the forum!

I can't believe that this forum is 5 years old and the username "Texan" was still available up until now. Haha.

Texan

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jul 8, 2012
Texas
Thanks folks! I really appreciate the kind words. I live in the rural eastern part of the state, not too far from the woodlands, in fact. My daughter is due on November the 16th. We thankfully live close enough to Houston and the world class medical facilities there that the prognosis is good. She will need 3 open heart surgeries by the time she is 4, and eventually she will need a heart transplant.

Texas is a great place to start and have a business. I'm in a gardening related niche and I have almost no dealing regulators. Plus no state income tax!

I have already learner so much from this forum...just hope I can give back just a portion of what I've already learner here!

Texan

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jul 8, 2012
Texas
Thank u! And sorry for the typos folks...using a mobile device!

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Welcome to the fastlane. Kak is in the Woodlands too. We just had dinner together last Thursday in Houston. You should have joined us.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Im actually jealous of your username. :D

Texan

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jul 8, 2012
Texas
Atly: Thank you! I appreciate it!

Runum: Cool! I feel like getting to network with folks who are farther down the path than I am is one of the great things about a forum like this.

Trevor and Kak: I couldn't believe this name was still available either! I thought I would give it a try, then add some numbers, but lo and behold, just plain ol' Texan was available! :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...