The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New here!

neverbackdown

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
May 24, 2011
Salt Lake City
Hello everyone,
My name is Vicki, I have been lurking these forums for some time now and have learned so much new information that I never knew before. This forum has equipped me with new knowledge and understanding of business. I must say I really like the community here and it looks like everyone is genuinely trying to help eachother out. So I decided to finally join and be more active and well I have a lot of my own questions.

I think ever since I was a kid it's been my dream to run a business and be my own boss. For as long as I can remember I never liked the idea of working for someone. Since I've become a mother(I have 3 kids) , it's more important than ever for me to be my own boss. I want to work whenever, wherever I want and to have the freedom to drop what I'm doing and go outside play with he kids. I want to work from home so I don't miss out on them growing up and so I can always be there for them. I have been working on a few online businesses that will mainly generate income through advertising, and have an interest in developing .coms and selling them but still got lots to learn. I think my biggest setback is my husband who constantly tells me to "get a real job" and that I will never succeed in what I do. That the real way to go is get a stable 9-5 job. He always says that with his job he has great benefits, a retirement fund, and so on while I'm living in a dream of running my own business that when it comes to retire I will have no money. I have been pretty successful thus far and yet that still hasn't changed his opinion of needing to have that 9-5 job. So pretty much that one person who you rely on and expect them to be your biggest supporter is actually the worst. I cannot imagine myself working all day making a so-so income, having someone else raise my kids, then come home have to cook, clean, laundry , get the kids washed in bed, to only go to sleep and do it all over again. I cannot and WILL NOT do the same thing every day for the rest of my life and then retire on a budget that will barely get you by. I cannot be in the slowlane and refuse to be in it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Wow, I'm surprised your husband is not more supportive of your dreams and goals. Thanks for the posting the great intro and maybe we can be here to help be the hand of support.

mrhahn

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Apr 21, 2011
San Diego
Welcome Vicki! I'm sorry to hear your husband isn't more supportive of your business endeavors. I also am trying to get in the fastlane while raising a family. I hope you prove him wrong!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...