The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New Fastlaner, Eager to learn from the best

CuriousChemist

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Dec 27, 2020
Hello Fastlaners, I am CuriousChemist and I hail from Los Angeles California.
A few months ago a good friend of mine recommended TFL book to me after we had a thoughtful discussion about life, our goals, and what we want to out of our future.
The fastlane philosophy resonated strongly with me. All my life I’ve wanted to do something great of my own, to create and build something. This was especially relevant to my life at the time, as I had just left my PhD program in chemistry with my Master’s. It took three years and a great deal of struggling to realize it wasnt for me. I had always loved learning and teaching chemistry, but in the program I was merely a worker bee working on someone else’s project for minimum wage. I realized that even if I succeeded with my thesis and went to work for some big company, I would be spending my life 9-5 doing research work for someone else. It tore me apart that at the end of the day, I would be doing incredibly difficult, mentally-tasking complicated work just for someone else’s bottomline.
TFL gave me hope for an alternative—One in which I could create and build something on my own that could one day help others, while simulaneously providing me financial freedom.
My dream is to utilize my curiosity for learning to create a positive impact on the world.

Practically, I suppose the greatest roadbump for me is getting started with developing fastlane-relevant skills. I currently have a part-time job teaching chemistry labs at my undergrad alma mater. For the amount of hours the job requires, I am receiving a decent wage. This leaves me with a tremendous amount of free time. I want to use a good chunk of this free time to develop these relevant FL skills.

Ideally I would like to learn:

How to develop and build a website(in the likely event I have to establish a platform for whatever service I create, or if I develop a product that requires an e-commerce platform.

How to develop a product from simple idea, to prototype, to patenting, to production, etc. Any sort of book or resource that could teach me the overall process of doing this would be tremendously useful in case I do have an idea for a product and I can actually attempt to develop it in my free time.

Any other suggestions or ideas I am completely open to. I just want to create a concrete plan for myself for the next couple years to reinforce fastlane preparedness so that I may be ready to execute once an opportunity presents itself, or if I come up with an idea that I want to execute.

I have read The Fast Lane and I am planning on starting Unscripted soon.

If you made it this far, Thank you for reading and I am looking forward to becoming part of this community.
If there is anything else I should add please let me know.

Cheers

- CuriousChemist

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...