The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New Country in case America can not be redeemed

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
As someone that has given this way too much thought for my own sanity… Borders are drawn with guns bro. Every country exists because it was claimed and subsequently protected by force.

Governments are the only true land owners on earth.

No one is willingly going to let you just have a country, especially not the “transit department.”

You want a country? You’ll have to take one, or part of one, by force.

Last edited:

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
So, I was a little debated on whether I should post this, because me and my friend started this just last week,

Basically, sometime at the begining-ish of the month, I was like "man....america is getting s**tier and s**tier everyday, where can people go when everything is this shi**y(or is gonna be in a few year)", so BAM

The Idea of a new country was born, then I contacted my mate on discord and luckily, he didnt like the way the world was goning either, so for the past week-ish, we have researching and taking notes on how to get territory, the departments(i.e Transit Department).

This morning we decided on the type of government our country will be and yea, I'm very impress. I know it will probably take a decade or more but yea, I'm excited
Before you do all that:

Read Milton's Paradise Lost
Then Plato's Republic
Then Orwell's Animal Farm

Then realise there's one absolute certainty.

You will become the monster you're trying to escape.

Of course you'll say you won't.

But you will.

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
117781746_10107821975086243_6797754122994415748_o.jpg

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Voluntaryism aka anarcho-capitalism but with a name that doesn't make the ignoramus screech "who will build the roads???"

Thanks @Tourmaline for the gem. This is what anarchy looks like to the uninitiated.

View attachment video0-9[1].mp4

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
We live in a MATRIX and Neo here is OP! He’ll make a new land and a new country and offer us blue and red pills.

WestCoast

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jan 20, 2008
Rhode Island for now.
No one is going to 'give you' their land, BUT
Charter Cities are a thing. And there is a growing (albeit still tiny) amount of interest in this

Roatan, Honduras: Prospera

There are others developing as well. It's starting, now.
But, e-residency will likely be a thing, and I dream of a day when I can be a voluntary citizen of some place.
Pay a flat annual fee, and I stay as long as I want, as long as the government serves the people, not itself.

*that* is ultimate freedom.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
No offense but if I lived in Missouri like OP, I'd be tempted to launch my own country. Oh snap, I live like 100 miles from your border, I may join too!

Tom H.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Dec 13, 2019
Jaco, Costa Rica
What I meant was research the departments we would want in our country(like the united states has the department of agriculture and department of homeland security) and actually there are 3 other ways to get territory without violence; 1.) claim an unclaimed island, 2.) find unclaimed territory between 2 nations, and 3.) bui;ld an artificial island. While violence is probaly the best answer and what we wil probaly do, there are certainly ways other than violence

>What I meant was research the departments we would want in our country
You have a very sophisticated understanding of political science and organizational challenges.

Seriously, though, even though what you're saying here is potato, if this exercise helps you gain better critical thinking skills and a better understanding of how government works, then good for you. Go read some Rothbard. Then maybe you can join the sea-steading community.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
I would agree it would be involve a revolution of violence. While I'm a peaceful warrior, it's simply a fact that even peace keepers can't keep wars under control and still drive around in vehicles and have weapons. People are idiots already in 2021 if you watch the news.

Not to mention people on the grid get yanked around with restrictions, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures time to time.

The further centralization of power and increased authoritarianism increases how stupid people are allowed to be by transferring responsibility and thinking from the people to the government(or whatever authority).

People are dumb -> Use government to prevent people from being dumb for their own goods -> Makes people dumber -> Requires further government to prevent people from being dumb for their own goods -> etc

And all that said, people in general are smart and/or have the capacity to be smart. And by being smart I mean make objectively good decisions for themselves.

However, they must be allowed to be responsible for themselves and at the very least attempt to make the best decisions for themselves. Or else stupidity will be perpetuated and exacerbated until the society implodes and/or is dominated from one that has not yet forgotten what is good and valued.

Nick perry01

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Apr 6, 2020
Bates City, Missouri
So, I was a little debated on whether I should post this, because me and my friend started this just last week,

Basically, sometime at the begining-ish of the month, I was like "man....america is getting s**tier and s**tier everyday, where can people go when everything is this shi**y(or is gonna be in a few year)", so BAM

The Idea of a new country was born, then I contacted my mate on discord and luckily, he didnt like the way the world was goning either, so for the past week-ish, we have researching and taking notes on how to get territory, the departments(i.e Transit Department).

This morning we decided on the type of government our country will be and yea, I'm very impress. I know it will probably take a decade or more but yea, I'm excited

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Charter Cities are a thing. And there is a growing (albeit still tiny) amount of interest in this

But, e-residency will likely be a thing, and I dream of a day when I can be a voluntary citizen of some place.
Pay a flat annual fee, and I stay as long as I want, as long as the government serves the people, not itself.

I lived in La Ceiba, Honduras which is the city where the ferries to Roatan depart from on the main land. The island is amazing, loved visiting there. Honduras is such a complicated country but beautiful country with an incredibly low cost of living, I could see doing my last 20 years on Roatan in a community like this.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I lived in La Ceiba, Honduras which is the city where the ferries to Roatan depart from on the main land. The island is amazing, loved visiting there. Honduras is such a complicated country but beautiful country with an incredibly low cost of living, I could see doing my last 20 years on Roatan in a community like this.

Roatan is the definition of laid back island living. I used to hang out in Pristine Bay a couple weeks a year.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Roatan is the definition of laid back island living. I used to hang out in Pristine Bay a couple weeks a year.

I've never been that way, I used to just stay in West End. I was a teacher/coach in La Ceiba and one of my former athletes is the mayor of Roatan which is crazy as its narco central and must be a tough gig.

Have you ever been to Utila, a small sister island of Roatan, its more a backpacker place but is really cool as so small and is like a pirate town.

Nick perry01

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Apr 6, 2020
Bates City, Missouri
Borders are drawn with guns bro. Every country that is currently a country exists because it was claimed and subsequently protected by force.

No one is willingly going to let you just have a country, especially not the “transit department.”
What I meant was research the departments we would want in our country(like the united states has the department of agriculture and department of homeland security) and actually there are 3 other ways to get territory without violence; 1.) claim an unclaimed island, 2.) find unclaimed territory between 2 nations, and 3.) bui;ld an artificial island. While violence is probaly the best answer and what we wil probaly do, there are certainly ways other than violence

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
>What I meant was research the departments we would want in our country
You have a very sophisticated understanding of political science and organizational challenges.

Seriously, though, even though what you're saying here is potato, if this exercise helps you gain better critical thinking skills and a better understanding of how government works, then good for you. Go read some Rothbard. Then maybe you can join the sea-steading community.
I honestly think seasteading is going to be the new frontier of prosperity.

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia

Wow that is a fascinating website.
Thanks for sharing.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
I love this... where did it come from?

haha if only there was more of it!
I honestly think seasteading is going to be the new frontier of prosperity.

There's something...troubling?...about seasteading that I can't quite put my finger on. Maybe I just fear the awesome power of the ocean too much to want to try and achieve stability. Although, I think being underwater would be more viable than overwater. I'd much like to avoid tsunamis and hurricanes.

In other words, I'd like to actually live in Atlantis. Except one under the ocean like it belongs, and not in a mountain protected by a mirage :smile2:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
haha if only there was more of it!

There's something...troubling?...about seasteading that I can't quite put my finger on. Maybe I just fear the awesome power of the ocean too much to want to try and achieve stability. Although, I think being underwater would be more viable than overwater. I'd much like to avoid tsunamis and hurricanes.

In other words, I'd like to actually live in Atlantis. Except one under the ocean like it belongs, and not in a mountain protected by a mirage :smile2:
I would agree it would be involve a revolution of violence. While I'm a peaceful warrior, it's simply a fact that even peace keepers can't keep wars under control and still drive around in vehicles and have weapons. People are idiots already in 2021 if you watch the news.

Not to mention people on the grid get yanked around with restrictions, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures time to time.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
As someone that has given this way too much thought for my own sanity… Borders are drawn with guns bro. Every country exists because it was claimed and subsequently protected by force.

You want a country? You’ll have to take one, or part of one, by force.
Or just make a corporation that does the colonization or border-claiming (with guns)

Historic examples are the Dutch East India Company (also one of the first corporations to ever issue stock to the public) and British East India Company (did much conquering of India until the Crown took over).

Today corporations can still make empires of their own via massive brands and acquisitions...and they don't use guns or even need to 'rule' countries in the strictest sense.

D

Deleted70138

Looking for a free land? There is one:

Antarctica

1)Solar panels can work 24h during summer months, but winter will be a challenge.
2)Unlimited supply of fresh water.
3)No polar bears.
4)Free seal blubber.
5)You can sell Penguin McNuggets.

Is somebody here a civil engineer?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.