The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

new app that could really help people

shaun mac

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Apr 23, 2017
united kingdom
well after listening to the fastlane, really enjoyed the book, it put a fire in my belly and I went out and made something.
my girlfriend works with disabled children and has huge problems communicating with some of them but they all seem able to use their phones and tablets so an idea was born to help with the communication. an app. then I could now do with more advertising and maybe some back up so a kickstarter. would love to hear what you guys think of the app and the kickstarter
Giving Everybody A Voice The App That Solves Communication

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
Nice idea and congratulations on getting something out there.

2nd heading: Should it read 'communication' instead of 'communicate'?

I'm not well versed on crowd-sourcing but your 'proposal' does not seem to mention how you would deliver the solution e.g the tech behind converting text to speech, although I am aware this exists already.

What is your USP?

Have you spoken to people in the industry who would be the purchasers of the hardware?
I mean, who will eventually be paying for the solution once funding is secured? The parents of the children?
Who are your customers?

shaun mac

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Apr 23, 2017
united kingdom
Nice idea and congratulations on getting something out there.

2nd heading: Should it read 'communication' instead of 'communicate'?

I'm not well versed on crowd-sourcing but your 'proposal' does not seem to mention how you would deliver the solution e.g the tech behind converting text to speech, although I am aware this exists already.

What is your USP?

Have you spoken to people in the industry who would be the purchasers of the hardware?
I mean, who will eventually be paying for the solution once funding is secured? The parents of the children?
Who are your customers?
Thanks for your reponse it means a lot that you have taken time out from your day.
Lol your right it should say communication, schoolboy cock up there
I'm not really too much into coding and sadly had a bit of a rip off Merchant do my first prototype so back to the drawing board on that one.
It will be built around frames so that every word entered will then be transferred to speech via voice banks.
My partner works with disabled children so it was between us that we came up with the idea so far shown to Loads of people in the industry and they are loving it.after the first rip off on prototype I am struggling a little to get it built sadly.
The usp of it is basically the only other thing that does this costs £4500 which governments are trying to buy for these kids but just can't afford too which is a real shame
Might have to look for a partner or something me kind of funding to help this launch

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
Thanks for your reponse it means a lot that you have taken time out from your day.
Lol your right it should say communication, schoolboy cock up there
I'm not really too much into coding and sadly had a bit of a rip off Merchant do my first prototype so back to the drawing board on that one.
It will be built around frames so that every word entered will then be transferred to speech via voice banks.
My partner works with disabled children so it was between us that we came up with the idea so far shown to Loads of people in the industry and they are loving it.after the first rip off on prototype I am struggling a little to get it built sadly.
The usp of it is basically the only other thing that does this costs £4500 which governments are trying to buy for these kids but just can't afford too which is a real shame
Might have to look for a partner or something me kind of funding to help this launch

No worries, I think someone else on here will pitch in as usual to give you some valuable feedback. Why don't you try the pre-sales & payment method? I mean directly from your customers? I guess since the governments will be the purchasers it might be a bit more iffy... hmm well I guess you went down that route already right?

I have worked with a client once for their crowd-funding campaign, I didn't do much work with them due to various reasons.

But anyway they had a product up on kickstarter, there company and staff was based in Asia but their primary customer base was in the US if I recall correctly, as well as anyone who might need their device. Anyway the secured over 300% of their funding needs but I think it was 'only' like $15,000 USD or so, they were in an advanced stage of their product development and had a working model built and were seeking funding for further production.

They basically wanted help with their English. I don't know how you could use that info right now to help you but I will try and think of something later, their product was a consumer electronics product but marketed towards professionals.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

shaun mac

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Apr 23, 2017
united kingdom
well guys got a little further in promoting the app with facebook pages and website pages, these are mainly to collect email addys and supporters, with the hope of crowdfunding the app into the world kicking and screaming, if crowdfunding doesnt work out im thinking about setting up as a social enterprise, which im still not 100% sure about, i do like the idea of giving money to the needy and to also get easier access to funding but dont like being told how much profit i need to give away..... any thoughts
also have a bit look at the site and of course join our facebook page
Speak free
speak free augmentative or alternative communication (AAC)
would love hear what you think

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.