The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Negotiating your fastlane speed

Anything related to matters of the mind

superb

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Sep 8, 2013
After reading The Millionaire Fastlane a second time (3 years later), I was struck by the idea of working 5 days for 2 days of limited freedom. Not that this a new idea to any of us, but I became aware of a more subtle form of self-sabotage, at least to me. Something that has been a hindrance to me is negotiating with myself over how much time to spend on pursuing "fastlane" activities vs time to rest or do something that I would consider fun.

X number of hours working FL for Y number of hours having fun.

It's not that we don't need to take a break from time to time, but the very fact that I keep struggling with this question reveals that I must not really believe in myself or the process.

This realization hit me like a ton of bricks. Our actions reveal our beliefs. We may want to believe, we may even "know" things intellectually and think we believe, but our actions are always in accordance with our beliefs.

For a long time I have imagined certain needs to be greater than they really are. And these inflated needs seemed more important than putting effort forth in FL activities. The good news for me is that I've had my fill and now see these so called needs as something that requires much less time and money than I previously imagined.

Lately my actions have shown me that now I really do believe in myself and the process. When I'm doing an activity that isn't related to business development, I'm kinda bored!

Our real beliefs (actions) determine our speed and direction and negotiating your speed is a waste of time.

This is only one way we negotiate a slower speed. I'm sure there's more we need to watch out for.

Would love to hear anyone else's insight on this topic.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Seeker

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Dec 21, 2015
Germany
It's not who I am underneath, but what I DO that defines me - Bruce Wayne

superb

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Sep 8, 2013
It's not who I am underneath, but what I DO that defines me - Bruce Wayne

So true!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
After reading The Millionaire Fastlane a second time (3 years later), I was struck by the idea of working 5 days for 2 days of limited freedom. Not that this a new idea to any of us, but I became aware of a more subtle form of self-sabotage, at least to me. Something that has been a hindrance to me is negotiating with myself over how much time to spend on pursuing "fastlane" activities vs time to rest or do something that I would consider fun.

X number of hours working FL for Y number of hours having fun.

It's not that we don't need to take a break from time to time, but the very fact that I keep struggling with this question reveals that I must not really believe in myself or the process.

This realization hit me like a ton of bricks. Our actions reveal our beliefs. We may want to believe, we may even "know" things intellectually and think we believe, but our actions are always in accordance with our beliefs.

For a long time I have imagined certain needs to be greater than they really are. And these inflated needs seemed more important than putting effort forth in FL activities. The good news for me is that I've had my fill and now see these so called needs as something that requires much less time and money than I previously imagined.

Lately my actions have shown me that now I really do believe in myself and the process. When I'm doing an activity that isn't related to business development, I'm kinda bored!

Our real beliefs (actions) determine our speed and direction and negotiating your speed is a waste of time.

This is only one way we negotiate a slower speed. I'm sure there's more we need to watch out for.

Would love to hear anyone else's insight on this topic.

If you spend more time working on someone else's income, rather than your own, expect the fruits of your labor to be to grow someone else's fastlane, not your own.

Steven Covey said "put first things first."

You might want to read this book:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0684802031/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

superb

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Sep 8, 2013
Last edited:
G

Guest34764

You perform actions based on thoughts, if you let those negative thoughts dwell inside your head then you'll 100% perform negative actions.

This is why we see so many side-walkers, and on the flip-side, Fastlaners.

I don't have a scientific study to cite, but I can bet my life on it that a Side-walker typically has more negative thoughts than a Fastlaner does.Negative thoughts breed negative action, and since the action is directly influenced by what you're thinking, It's safe to assume they also perform more negative actions.

We're fastlaners because we have positive thoughts that breed positive action.By compounding those thoughts and actions, we become successful, create value, and become the 1%.

When a side-walker compounds negative thought and negative actions over, and over, and over again, he quickly runs into debt, and his is thus doomed to working a shitty 9-5 until he's on his deathbed.All because of a negative thought that transformed into negative actions.

That's about as simple as I can put.

superb

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Sep 8, 2013
You perform actions based on thoughts, if you let those negative thoughts dwell inside your head then you'll 100% perform negative actions.

This is why we see so many side-walkers, and on the flip-side, Fastlaners.

I don't have a scientific study to cite, but I can bet my life on it that a Side-walker typically has more negative thoughts than a Fastlaner does.Negative thoughts breed negative action, and since the action is directly influenced by what you're thinking, It's safe to assume they also perform more negative actions.

We're fastlaners because we have positive thoughts that breed positive action.By compounding those thoughts and actions, we become successful, create value, and become the 1%.

When a side-walker compounds negative thought and negative actions over, and over, and over again, he quickly runs into debt, and his is thus doomed to working a shitty 9-5 until he's on his deathbed.All because of a negative thought that transformed into negative actions.

That's about as simple as I can put.

Well put. Like attracts like for better or worse!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
This is true ,Its all about how much you believe in yourself and your ability to make it happen

Even if the most negative person in the world believes in themselves and their ability to get things done they will be massively successful

Which proves the point of the quote "Whether you believe you can or you cant you're right"

The more you believe in yourself and your ability the easier it will be to become successful

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.