The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need some help deciding what to do now

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Solve problems first. You can do super long projects that require you to learn 5 new skills, and that's totally fine. But wouldn't you rather have a little income to carry you through that process? If so, find a problem, solve it in as elegant a way as you can, and try to build enough of a market following to get you started financially. Get early feedback on your solution (whether it's a product or service) from customers who paid something for it, so you can make it better for solving the problem. Is my advice.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
What if you already knew enough?

What would you do then?

(Hint... what @Rabby said.)

Thomas Baptiste

Guide Yourself!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Jun 8, 2018
Commonwealth of Dominica
Welcome to the community. My advice to you is to focus on one thing right now; your mindset. Don't make the mistake of trying to do too many things at once. With the proper mindset, you'll get some healthy insight on the path to choose. Also if you're going to pursue entrepreneurship, forget about money. Think value and how you can better the lives of those around you. Keep reading self-improvement. Once you better yourself, helping others becomes easier.

Here are some threads that will surely help you:

GOLD! - Taking Real Action, Creating Real Value & Building Real Businesses

GOLD! - The "Astonishing Secrets" Thread

GOLD! - Getting started is this simple...

Tidder Jail

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Nov 21, 2018
Brazil
I'm a 17 years old guy from Brazil. I got myself interested in entrepreneurship last year and have been learning about it using books(TMF is surely one of the best books i've read) and online courses. At the moment I can use the 16 hours of my day that i'm wake to learn about programming, swing trading, entrepreneurship and self improvement. The reason i'm writing this is because i'm not sure what to do now. Should i use my time to look for problems to solve or spend it becoming a better programmer, should i read about leadership now even if i don't have a business?, these are some questions i've been asking myself lately, I'd like some guidance on these topics, I'm not sure if I was clear, if you need some information just ask me

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
use my time to look for problems to solve

Do that.

Learning programming and accounting and leadership etc etc, thats all just resistance masquerading as useful behavior.

I feel like sales is an umbrella skill that any entrepreneur will need and it could be useful as something to geek out about but i'm biased (also reading sales and persuasion books and actually being good at it through action are very different things)

If I could offer some further unsolicited advise? pick some kind of "sweat equity" job, something you could do like within a week (selling water bottles at a sporting event , landscaping...whatever) and just get going , you'll supercharge your journey taking any positive action at all to help others and solve needs not sitting athome reading forums.

If you actually have a business idea fleshed out , limit yourself to reading 3 books about the topic before executing something. You should have a pile of results in front of you to look at before you start evaluating things.

G

Guest24480

I agree with the other posters, dedicate some time every day to learning (2 hours max) and spend the rest of the time getting your hands dirty. Nobody can dictate what that will be but pick something that sounds interested and just get started.

BlokeInProgress

Business Building Warrior
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
Sometimes if you get exposed to a lot of information, the "shinny object syndrome" comes along. As the guys said, do one item (solve one problem) first. Get feedback, validate, improve or move on to another problem to solve. It's hard if you are focusing on 5 ideas at the same time.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.