• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Need some help deciding what to do now

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneur Discussion' started by Tidder Jail, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Tidder Jail

Tidder Jail Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $227
    I'm a 17 years old guy from Brazil. I got myself interested in entrepreneurship last year and have been learning about it using books(TMF is surely one of the best books i've read) and online courses. At the moment I can use the 16 hours of my day that i'm wake to learn about programming, swing trading, entrepreneurship and self improvement. The reason i'm writing this is because i'm not sure what to do now. Should i use my time to look for problems to solve or spend it becoming a better programmer, should i read about leadership now even if i don't have a business?, these are some questions i've been asking myself lately, I'd like some guidance on these topics, I'm not sure if I was clear, if you need some information just ask me

2. klix

klix New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $224
    I think the book Ready, Fire, Aim would help you answer this question

Tidder Jail likes this.
  3. Tidder Jail

Tidder Jail Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $227
    Thank you for your reply, I'll read it

4. Rabby

Rabby Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,913
    Solve problems first. You can do super long projects that require you to learn 5 new skills, and that's totally fine. But wouldn't you rather have a little income to carry you through that process? If so, find a problem, solve it in as elegant a way as you can, and try to build enough of a market following to get you started financially. Get early feedback on your solution (whether it's a product or service) from customers who paid something for it, so you can make it better for solving the problem. Is my advice.

NMdad, LinorCG, Jello and 4 others like this.
  5. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $187,013
    What if you already knew enough?

What would you do then?

(Hint... what @Rabby said.)

6. Rabby

Rabby Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,913
    @Andy Black I'm surprised I made it here first, driving this took-took ;)

Andy Black likes this.
  7. Thomas Baptiste

Thomas Baptiste Third of His Name Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,438
    Welcome to the community. My advice to you is to focus on one thing right now; your mindset. Don't make the mistake of trying to do too many things at once. With the proper mindset, you'll get some healthy insight on the path to choose. Also if you're going to pursue entrepreneurship, forget about money. Think value and how you can better the lives of those around you. Keep reading self-improvement. Once you better yourself, helping others becomes easier.

Here are some threads that will surely help you:

GOLD! - Taking Real Action, Creating Real Value & Building Real Businesses

GOLD! - The "Astonishing Secrets" Thread

GOLD! - Getting started is this simple...

8. Dylan Hobrecht

Dylan Hobrecht Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $386
    I did this and something magical just popped into my brain! Thank you! This is incredible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rabby and Andy Black like this.
  9. holmzee

holmzee Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,991
    I agree with the other posters, dedicate some time every day to learning (2 hours max) and spend the rest of the time getting your hands dirty. Nobody can dictate what that will be but pick something that sounds interested and just get started.

Tidder Jail likes this.
  10. MHP368

MHP368 the man, the myth, the Pseudo-Apollodorus Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,411
    Do that.

Learning programming and accounting and leadership etc etc, thats all just resistance masquerading as useful behavior.

I feel like sales is an umbrella skill that any entrepreneur will need and it could be useful as something to geek out about but i'm biased (also reading sales and persuasion books and actually being good at it through action are very different things)

If I could offer some further unsolicited advise? pick some kind of "sweat equity" job, something you could do like within a week (selling water bottles at a sporting event , landscaping...whatever) and just get going , you'll supercharge your journey taking any positive action at all to help others and solve needs not sitting athome reading forums.

If you actually have a business idea fleshed out , limit yourself to reading 3 books about the topic before executing something. You should have a pile of results in front of you to look at before you start evaluating things.

Tidder Jail, LinorCG and Andy Black like this.
  11. LinorCG

LinorCG Business Building Warrior Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,159
    Sometimes if you get exposed to a lot of information, the "shinny object syndrome" comes along. As the guys said, do one item (solve one problem) first. Get feedback, validate, improve or move on to another problem to solve. It's hard if you are focusing on 5 ideas at the same time.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Tidder Jail likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.