The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need some help, big time.

Anything related to matters of the mind

TrendSetter

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jun 4, 2009
Whats goin on guys. I havnt been a member here for too long but I have been lurking the forums for about the last six months or so while trying to figure out if I am going to stick with real estate or venture off into credit consulting...

Here is my dillema. Lately I have been so down and out, and feel like I am stuck like chuck. I have convinced myself that my credit consulting website is doomed for failure (insecurities and past failures getting the best of me) the site if you were wondering is fixmyfreecreditreport.com or repairmyfreecreditreport.com, I am not sure if they are live currently but you can check it out if need be. I am 23 years old and ill be 24 next month on the 25th. Needless to say I feel such a lack of accomplishment that it is overwelming. I almost feel like I should see a psychologist or some kind of counselor, which is bittersweet considering I majored in clinical psych. I am not suicidal or anything like that by any means, I just feel like everything I do goes without completion or somehow I convince myself that it wont work...

When I was 15 I use to source salvaged old porsche rims, have them cleaned up and true-ed, high polished and would sell them to volkswagen enthusiasts on forums and ebay... I was making more money then than I am now, and while I know I am in slump, it has been this way for sometime and is very hard to find the motivation to get out of it. I have read nearly every self-help book, NLP book, tony robbins, napolean hill, robert green, everything...

Right now I am bartending during the week to make ends meet, while working on this website which by the way is set up as pay-per-click with a bunch of information, however I am having a hard time finding a web guy in middle tennessee as passionate about this as I am trying to be and I cant do it alone as I dont know a thing about PPC, SEO or know how to operate dreamweaver...

My question is, when you fall down eight times, how the heck do you get up on the ninth time? It seems like everything I have been working on (mortage biz, real estate biz, remodeling foreclosures biz,) has failed... I guess my mentality has become so negative throughout all this that it is hard to move foreward. Any advice, critisim, anything you got, bring it. I need to get my a$$ in line.:wtf:
-FRAZIER

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
ok, a couple questions first. The answer to these is very important to what type of help you need.

Why did the other businesses fail? What makes you think your current biz is failing? How long have you been at real estate? What makes you think credit counseling will be different?

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
When I was 15 I use to source salvaged old porsche rims, have them cleaned up and true-ed, high polished and would sell them to volkswagen enthusiasts on forums and ebay... I was making more money then than I am now, and while I know I am in slump, it has been this way for sometime and is very hard to find the motivation to get out of it.

Can you get back into doing this? It sounds like you were making more and enjoyed it better. It may take falling down 99 or 100 times, keep going. I know easier said then done. How do you like bar tending?

TrendSetter

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jun 4, 2009
ok, a couple questions first. The answer to these is very important to what type of help you need.

Why did the other businesses fail? What makes you think your current biz is failing? How long have you been at real estate? What makes you think credit counseling will be different?

Real estate went downhill when the market started to crash in florida and I ended up in seattle, the mortgage company I worked for was paying 500.00 per re-fi on all ARM's (adjustable rate mortgages)... Life was good until I realized that every consulation I went to had one thing in common, divorce or bankruptcy. I found out that the primary broker was getting leads from divorce lawyers and bankruptcy attorneys, they were getting these people in over theyre heads on payments they could not afford just to foreclose on the property. Alot of people were doing this back then, I however couldnt sleep at night with the thought of that so I quit.

I then moved here to Nashville to help a friend start a re-fi business, that too fell through as everything started going towards FHA and VA loans and it was nearly impossible to make money. I started doing the agent thing and soonly realized there was no way I could deal with all the indesicive home buyers constantly changing theyre minds and backing out on contracts, that combined with so many failed housing inspections since everyone was going FHA to get financing, it was a huge headache and no houses would make it passed the initial acceptance of the offer, because they could pass FHA. It was alot of footwork for very little pay in the end, I could make more money bartending with way less stress. I dont mind stress, as long as it is paying off in the end and motivating me to work harder. Working in real estate just made me pissed at the goverment and our current housing situation created by lack of restrictions put in place with the lenders. IE countrywide..

The credit thing is still up in the air, but its helping people, and I love helping people make sense of they're problems and giving them hope for a better future, it is a great feeling. I am a very slow learner especially when it comes to new things that have been taboo to me in the past, and without GREAT s.e.o and a brilliant photoshop/web guy it is nearly impossible to get this thing launched.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
ok, round 2-

how you paying your bills? Does bartending cover it? Are you making anything of R.E.?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.