The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need LinkedIn Profile but have 2 different businesses

Mutant

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Jan 8, 2018
London
Why do you need a LinkedIn profile?

I know - you already said - so you can run an ad for a business.

So:

Do you need to include your full work history? No.
Do you need to include a photo of yourself? No.
Do you need to include your education (if it was unrelated, or you think it’ll look bad for this business in some way)? No.
Do you need to appeal to a broad spread of potential employers? Lol. No.

It’s a marketing tool, not a confessional. Only put what you want to be seen by the people who will be clicking.

You said you will be advertising one business, so craft it around that business in the way you want to.

If you end up wanting to advertise a second business there & you want to keep that separate (think about who’s clicking - customers? Are you looking for potential investors? A “track record” could be useful at some point, but that’s another debate) then you could always set up another profile. There’s always plenty of people with the same or similar names, & if you don’t use a photo of yourself, it might not be obvious except to those who know you *do* run both (again, I refer to the other debate).

Point is, just take what you want from it.
No need to follow any “rules”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
How would this be looking dodgy ?
People shouldn't care unless one or both businesses are going in the red, offering bad services/products, bad customer support, etc.

If the businesses are legit and provide value, it should only add value to your profile.

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
Having 2 other active businesses might look well dodgy to some potential customers...
Think of it as branding. Coke and Pepsi have many brands within them that act as their own entity...why not you?

Canadoz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jul 13, 2018
Why do you need a LinkedIn profile?

I know - you already said - so you can run an ad for a business.

So:

Do you need to include your full work history? No.
Do you need to include a photo of yourself? No.
Do you need to include your education (if it was unrelated, or you think it’ll look bad for this business in some way)? No.
Do you need to appeal to a broad spread of potential employers? Lol. No.

It’s a marketing tool, not a confessional. Only put what you want to be seen by the people who will be clicking.

You said you will be advertising one business, so craft it around that business in the way you want to.

If you end up wanting to advertise a second business there & you want to keep that separate (think about who’s clicking - customers? Are you looking for potential investors? A “track record” could be useful at some point, but that’s another debate) then you could always set up another profile. There’s always plenty of people with the same or similar names, & if you don’t use a photo of yourself, it might not be obvious except to those who know you *do* run both (again, I refer to the other debate).

Point is, just take what you want from it.
No need to follow any “rules”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for that. You're right about the rules.

The best business people often don't follow the normal rules!

IceTmango

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jun 8, 2019
I need a LinkedIn Profile in order to run some LinkedIn ads for a new business but the only problem is I have 2 different active businesses already (all related in tech sector).

Having 2 other active businesses might look well dodgy to some potential customers...

Anybody any advice on how to deal with this?
Hi Canadoz,

So having active businesses simultaneously isn't an issue.

The reason why you'd want to have separate profiles when targeting is as follows:
1. You have limited number of messaging on a single profile.
2. You'd want your profile to reflect someone who your target audience wants to contact. So if your audience is in tech and your profile positions you as an expert then they'll want to reach out to you. However, whilst this is good for this profile if you're also targeting people in another sector than the same profile won't give you as much clout. So it'd be like your saying come buy my awesome burgers, but your profile is saying I'm a great tech expert of all time.
3. And lastly you'd want to have one profile focused on targeting a specific audience due the same reasons pointed out in the second point I mentioned.

I hope this helped you out Canodoz.

If you'd like help in lead generation on linkedin feel free to message me.

Cheers,
Tan

Canadoz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jul 13, 2018
I need a LinkedIn Profile in order to run some LinkedIn ads for a new business but the only problem is I have 2 different active businesses already (all related in tech sector).

Anybody any advice on how to deal with this?

Canadoz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jul 13, 2018
How would this be looking dodgy ?
People shouldn't care unless one or both businesses are going in the red, offering bad services/products, bad customer support, etc.

If the businesses are legit and provide value, it should only add value to your profile.

Thanks Jeff for your comment but I just thinks it dilutes the offering.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.