The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need > Know > Want > Looking

Marketing, social media, advertising

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
In my mind, I have an (over-simplified or over-complicated?) hierarchy like this:

1) They NEED it, but don't know they need it yet.
You can't sell to these people yet. You're going to have to educate them first, and generate the demand.

2) They KNOW they need it, but don't want it yet.
You can't sell to these people either. They're educated enough to know they need it, but not motivated enough to do anything about it. (I know I need to do more exercises for my back, but I don't want to enough to do anything about it yet.)

3) They WANT it, but aren't looking for it yet.
(They may or may not NEED it - after all, who really "needs" that nicer car or bigger TV?) If you can get what they want in front of them, then there's a chance you can sell it to them.

4) They want it, and are actively LOOKING for it.
Ooo... now we're cooking. Sales happen when we get the right product in front of the right people at the right time. The right people are the people who are ready, willing, and able to buy it. The right time is when they've decided to buy it. This is simple demand fulfilment... just sit at the bottom of the hill and catch the people charging down to you with their credit card in hand.

There's a difference between demand generation, and demand fulfilment. One is easier than the other, and it makes sense to start with one before the other.

(Here's a related video.)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jesset17

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 23, 2016
Boise, ID
This is another scenario of once you hear or read something, it seems so obvious. I have been struggling to decide what product idea I want to start out selling: new product, or current product but improved. Choosing the easiest path, 4) They want it, and are actively LOOKING for it., makes the most sense to start with.
Thanks for the quick 1 point lesson!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.