The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need Help In Selling an eBook (Advertising Not Working)

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Hi everyone,

I run a direct response agency, and lately, I've been trying to grow the stream of revenue from services to products. At the moment, literarily all our revenue is coming from services. I would like to set up something that is a bit more passive, and requires less of my time in terms of management.

We've created a 75+ page ebook that deals with creating a thriving online business. We take people in the book from getting inside their customers' mind, identifying needs, desires, wants and frustrations, analysing the competition and the market, developing offers that draw customers away from the competition, structuring sales funnels and building landing pages, understanding and using the principles of running successful advertising (as a way to drive traffic), and re-marketing by email and setting up email campaigns to maximise the lifetime value of existing customers.

I really do think the content is TOP NOTCH out there, and I'm not even joking. Despite this, I've struggled to get any interest in the ebook. After spending $500 on Facebook, we've failed to even get good CTRs. CTR is around 1%. We've tried different strategies. We've tried engagement strategies, where we sent people to a free value video, and re-targetted those who watched 50% or more of the video with the ebook ad. We have a strong landing page - I know because we've built landing pages for some super successful online businesses. And yet, we've had 0 sales, and very low CTR on the ads. The trouble is that if we expand targetting to get countries like India, then we can get a lot of people to the page, but nobody buys. Lots of initiate checkouts, but no purchases. If we target richer countries like USA, Canada, etc., then we have an even lower CTR and not enough traffic to get purchases at any reasonable prices.

We've tried lowering the price of the eBook from $54.99 to $6.99, and STILL no purchases. It really looks to me at this point that there is just no interest in the topics covered by the ebook (no underlying need)... otherwise, I really can't figure out what is going wrong.

I would love to get some advice if anyone has experience with this and would like to help. Please let me know, I don't mind sharing our ads with you and our landing page if you're able to help. Thanks :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dan_Cardone

Losers make excuses. Winners find solutions.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Jul 23, 2019
Hey BD,

I'm a marketing consultant who got my start in business selling ebooks and courses.

If you show me your funnel and ads I woud be happy to take a quick look and give my $0.02 cents.

No sales pitch, just wanting to help a fellow fastlaner.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
If you want another pair of eyes DM me.

How much mileage do you want to get out of this? By that I mean if you are in it for the long haul start a FB group and start propagating it will knowledge bombs. Build trust and authority and the sales will flow from there.

You know as well as I do that you can’t sell an ebook for $6.99 on FB and turn a profit unless you have super converting upsells and/or a high converting subscription offer so I guess that was a knee jerk response just to see if you could make a sale?

You might feel that ebooks are dead on FB but I bought one (with hundreds of others) less than 2 weeks ago for $97. You just need to show authority within your niche but that takes time and effort to build up your tribe.

Pilot35

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
502%
Sep 2, 2016
Hi,

I used to sell ebooks like that before, with some success. I think the problem you have there is your book is too general. Nobody buys a book titled "how to start a successful online business" or "how to lose weight fast", when you can search that in Google.

You should focus your products more specific niches. So instead of selling a book entitled "how to start a thriving online business", you should sell something like "how to build a six-figure luxury dropshipping brand online in less than a year".

If you want me to have look at your campaign, feel free to PM me.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
You write book about getting into clients mind and you can't get into YOUR clients mind.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Just an update on this...

We've gotten most of our sales so far from people who came directly to us (85% - people who couldn't afford our services, our email list, etc.). Ads we've only managed to secure single digit sales after spending $1K, so we have momentarily stopped them. And the rest of our sales come from direct advertising on relevant forums & blogs (which have started to pick up fast).

Thanks to you all for your advice and guidance. The content really is top notch so it's a pity not to get it out there :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.